Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday at the Red Mill

.
Sundays in My City is a chance to cruise around the world investigating all kinds of interesting places without ever leaving the comfort of your own computer.

Come with me today to the Red Mill.
.
.
The Red Mill is a quaint little eatery tucked quietly along a rural stretch of County HH (we do that here in Wisconsin - we name our county roads in a very alphabetical manner) near Stevens Point, Wisconsin.

Aside:  Fisherhubby says he can't drive on nor even find roads like HH because he doesn't know his aa bb cc's.

Now back to the matter at hand:
.
.
I don't know if it's called the Red Mill because it's red or if it is red because it's called the Red Mill.
.
.
Not being one, I didn't park in this spot.

But NEITHER did I advertise the fact - - - not in THIS state anyway.

;-)
.

This Bucky Badger was guarding the parking lot.

I could park by him as I AM his biggest fan.
.
.
There were all kinds of other sentinels watching the parking lot.
.
.
Most of them were of the bear variety.
.
.
We are up here just south of the Northwoods
.
.
And bears have occasionally been known to make their way down into our vacinity.

Especially THIS kind of bear.
.
.
The yard behind the Red Mill was a quiet, inviting oasis
.
.
Where I found this miniature replica of the Red Mill's namesake.
.
.
There were a variety of inviting dining areas
.
.
Scattered about the Mill
.
.
Both indoors and out.

My dinner was delicious and didn't entirely empty my purse.
.
.
.
Thanks to Unknown Mami
For hosting Sundays in My City. 
.
.

13 comments:

Tara R. said...

The totems are so fun, very eclectic. The Mill looks like a lovely place for dinner.

Bill Lisleman said...

nice carvings. Looks like a great place to go. Maybe I could start on AA then BB, CC, DD, EE, FF -- That really is the craziest road naming I've seen. Maybe it keeps you from going ZZZZZzzzz

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

What a neat, unique little place. I like it!

StarTraci said...

Those sentinels are cool!
Have a great week!
:-)
Traci

Charlotte said...

Looks like a great place to dine!

Anonymous said...

Practical and ecological to travel like this!
Have a good week!

42N said...

We were on Wisconsin soil yesterday in Prairie du Chien. A few posts to follow.

podso said...

It looks like a nice relaxing place. The town my husband grew up in used letters and numbers for the street names. Think how many old timers missed having a street named after them!

nancygrayce said...

What a great place and you gotta love the alphabet road names!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Love that place Keetha!
And don't all states name their roads with double letters? hehe. We live by F you know but then it turns to FF.
I haven't seen a real bear this summer but Dan did up by Spooner.
I guess I can be bear free one year, my heart likes it.
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Nancy said...

At first I thought this would be about the Red Mill in Waupaca ... surprised to know there is another Red Mill in Central Wisconsin. Looks charming & I'll have to ask my sister if she has ever eaten there.

KathyB. said...

The red Mill is pretty interesting, did you ever find out about the name ?

Claudya Martinez said...

What a great place. You know now that I think about it, I'm not sure I know my aa, bb, ccs either.