Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, August 30, 2013

BEWARE - Something Fragmare This Way Comes

.
It is Friday.

It is well INTO Friday.

That means I've almost missed my window of opportunity to share various and sundry fragments of life with you, my bloggy readers.

Fortunately I've arrived at the fragment dock just in the nick of time to catch the fragship before it sails.
  
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
College football season arrived last night and the NFL will be back in full swing as of Thursday evening.

Some of us are WAY more excited about this turn of events than are others.

Obviously from the above scenario, little Piper is in the less than excited category.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
  
I, on the other hand, am definitely in the excited school of thought.

I've already got three versions of my College Pick 'Em game going - - - as evidenced by the return of my "bookie" ways shown above.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
Suddenly this week our temperature soared back up into the high 90's - - - yet further evidence that FALL ISN'T HERE YET, just in case you were tempted to forget that it is summer until the sun's position says it's fall on September 21.

Anyway, with the return of heat my Famous Wacky Macky Pasta salad sounded really yummy, so I made some.

Alas, it's only famous in my own eyes.

I proceeded to eat it, with precious little help from Fisherhubby who isn't a pasta salad connoisseur, in a two day window of time.

Oink oink.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
Do you shoebox???

We always fill shoeboxes at church this time of year to be sent to children all over the world at Christmas.  It's such a fun project.

This is my first "installment" of donations for the shoeboxes - - - 12 boxes of brand new crayons.

I can hardly keep my hands out of them - - - that's the effect new crayons have on this old gal!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
Fisherhubby proudly and affectionately dubbed this his "Tower of Tackle." It resides in our small one car garage, right where I TRY to open my car door.

And I'm pretty sure there are two facts about it you really do need to know in order to comprehend the IMPORT of it:

1)  NONE of it is mine.

2)  This is only PART of Fisherhubby's fishing paraphernalia, in fact if you look around and behind it you will see handles of poles, nets, and various other fishing accoutrements.

Sigh.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Social Media Faux Pas and Don't Dos
    .
.
1)  Don't make posts, tweets, or statuses that mainly consist of endless lists of what you have accomplished - sorta like this:  

"I just tore down our house with my bare hands, rebuilt it with bricks that I made myself from mud and straw, harvested the wheat in my garden, ground it, made lasagna noodles with it, and made homemade lasagna for hubby AND half the neighborhood, then I weeded all the flower beds for a 120 block radius, after I finished my 20 mile run.  Now I'm making sure there is nothing else I need to do BEFORE I sit down to rest my lazy bones."
This just looks like a humble (or not so humble) brag and is BEGGING for the "atta girl, I could never walk in your footsteps" response.

2)  Don't make whiny health posts.

All of us get colds, runny noses, cookie-tossing episodes.  We aren't cold hearted, but we come to our social media to ESCAPE the minor drudgeries of our everyday lives.  So, unless you are dying just skip that part of the post, K?

Now, I realize that some of us are suffering - - - truly suffering - - - with chronic long term conditions for which we desperately hope others will pray.  I'm not talking about that, that's not whiney and is an animal of an entirely different color.

I'm also not talking about telling a medical incident with full on humor - - - those are fun and funny.

OK - - - enough for today.  I may or may not revisit this social media faux pas topic on another day.

You'll thank me later.  ;-)
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
     
One of the VERY BEST things about moving back to my junior high and high school hometown has been getting to see school chums, usually for the first time since we graduated 41 years ago, from time to time.

This time I got to spend some time chatting with Conrad at his parent's 60th wedding anniversary.  Conrad lives in Oregon now.
.
.
I also got to spend some time with his sister, Gretchen, who was a year behind us in school and graduated with Sister Pam.

What a joy!!!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
Somebody around here figured out - first time they saw it - how to use my communication station!!!

No, Fisherhubby is not my Cleaning Fairy, though he has left me ONE message so far.

All his message said was:  Cigars.

Don't ask.  ;-)
.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
This is Packer country.

Ever since an infamous "Fail Mary" game between the Packers and the Seahawks late last season, the Seahawks are despised.

Well except I don't despise the Seahawks.  

I'm a Russell Wilson, former WI Badger QB, fan - even when he and his boys play the Packers.

So, yes I did wear my Russell Wilson Seahawks jersey out and about on the evening that the Packers met the Seahawks in a preseason game last Friday.

I even made it back home unharmed and unscathed.

I'm happy to announce that Russel and his boys won.

It's only preseason - - - but I'm just sayin' anyway..
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *  
.
.
And now - - - the fragmare this way comes!

"Ain't" he a beauty????

I saw him in a little antique/collectibles shop and I truly wanted to bring him home and put him beside Fisherhubby's bed.

Fisherhubby HATES snakes.

But Eloise, whose transportation I was enjoying that day, said she wouldn't let Fragmare in the car, so that was that.

But doesn't he have gorgeous, if evil, amber eyes????
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
 .
.
Mommy's Idea

And that's it for this week's edition of frags.

Please head over to Mrs. 4444's place
To check out more frags.

I can pretty much promise you NONE of
Them will be fragmares - - -
Those other fraggers are nice people.

While you're there, why not join in the fun???
.

18 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

Is there a fantasy league that does fancy football?
That "fragmare" would look great on the tower of tackle.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I'm with Piper on the football thing...

...and with FH on the fragmare thing. That was just AWFUL! No more serpent posts, or I may just have to boycott your blog!

Would you please give me a kick in the pants to get started blogging again? My blog has been sadly neglected this month.

mzzbev said...

What!?! No postings on Badger football?? Looking forward to them :). Have a great weekend!

42N said...

College football begins universally tomorrow. We get to play you this year on Nov 2. That will be interesting on many levels. Good luck to our respective teams.

StarTraci said...

Best screenshot of a conversation ever!
The shoe boxes are awesome. I will check with my church and see if they do something like that.
Have a good weekend!
:-)
Traci

Mrs4444 said...

Thank goodness for Eloise...haha

We don't usually go out of our way to watch college football (Shhh!) but this year might be interesting, given the fact that our daughter is now a Gopher!

I love your cleaning fairies :)

Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend1

Kay said...

Seriously creepy snake!! Seriously!!

I have posted a tweet about feeling ill for prayer and getting stuff done, but I don't think it was necessarily for that intention. But when I am sick like I was today, telling anyone in social land about it is far from my mind!!!

I think I would accidentally knock over the tower of tackle... it was in the way, right??

I love the 'fancy football' quote. That is very adorable!!

Charlotte said...

I was reading your blog while my hubby attempted to talk to me. When I showed him the snake, he stopped talking and left! :-)

LV said...

I am with you on getting too personal at times on blogs. I seldom post things of a personal nature, However, I do enjoy visiting with you and hearing about all the things going on with you and Fisherhubby. Fun to me. No way would I even look at that snake let alone buy it. Horrors!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I can't stop imagining football players doing a ballet dance. Fancy:0
We havn't got the bug for the Eagles yet, we may still be in shock and after the baseball season we have had...dear Lord!
We are all about fantasy though.
Evil, evil looking snake. I think you should go back and get it...
Have a blessed weekend!

Sandy said...

Football, YES!!!!! Russell Wilson is still going strong...UGH!!beat the Pack....BooHoo!!
High School Basketball: only my grandson's team that he is on IRMO HIGH SCHOOL just over the line from
Columbia, SC...They were state champs last yr...and now he is a SR. and the best player on the team...HOPE they win again this year...
NO , you bad girl!!! Glad Eloise would not let you bring that horrible snake statue home with you...I hyperventilate when I see those awful things and almost go into shock...Do I hate the all< YES I do...Black snakes here in NC do eat rats, etc. so I guess they can stick around...I did see a copperhead slither out of our back yard this summer though....I saw it out the window of my sunroom/ofc. Had to leave the ofc. and regroup before coming back in...
One more thing: The Red Mill in Point...Lived there for years and went to JR, HS, and some college there and do not remember it..Is it newer..I moved from PT. in 1973 for the Chitown...
That's life here in NC
Love from NC

nancygrayce said...

I'm afraid I'm with Piper!!! I have to watch some football if I want t spend time with the Superhero, but I don't like it a little bit!

See, that's why I can't tweet! Nobody wants to hear about how I do all that very stuff each and every day......or is it that no one wants to hear me lie??? No matter!

I am so glad your friend wouldn't let you get Fragmare!!! Scary!

Love the tower of tackle.....although I'm not much of a fisher either.

Could you send your cleaning fairies over to see me sometime????

Stacy said...

Wow. You are SERIOUS about your football. I'm a big Steelers fan and I watch OU when I get the chance, but I've got nothing on you. lol

The young adults at our church have us collecting shoe boxes and the stuff to put in them. Such a good program.

I think I like your friend. That hideous serpent would not be allowed in my car, either. Ick!

podso said...

Thanks for the warning about that last bit. I can see why your friend would not let that in her car! The weather here has gotten so hot again too. I guess we can't complain after a summer that could have been much hotter. Have a good week, collecting your frags for next Friday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know my husband is excited about the football! I love Operation Christmas Child, sometimes I do the boxes and other times I donate money for them.

Unknown said...

Fun Frags!
It is a shame you couldn't bring Fragmare home, he is a beauty and it would have been hilarious to hear of Fisherhubby's delight.
Fancy Football…haha, that is a good one.
That shoebox project does sound like a good one. Have to say I am with you, who can resist a new box of crayons? Wonderful photos of you and your old school chums.

Buttercup said...

Great post. But when I make bricks and build a house I am definitely doing a post on it. Definitely!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

There is a lot to digest here Keetha!
I like the Packers and the Badgers and that is as far as my football love goes.
You little bookie you..you would have thunk it! hehe.
That snake is horribly tacky and awful.
Where has summer gone? I know it's still here but once those school buses start flying by, it sure seems like early fall.
Come by and see my post when you can,
Cindy
It's about our neck of the woods.