Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Fragways

.
A segway links one talk show topic to the next or transports a mall cop to various parts of the mall.

A fragway takes you, my bloggy reader, from one of my weeks to the next in a somewhat concise manner.

Much thanks to Mrs. 4444 who was the creator and is the sustainer of this fun weekly Friday meme.
..
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
  
I believe I must be cheap and easy.

I'm easy 'cause it only takes a cheap thing like a few packs of brand new cotton dishclothes to make me happy, happy, happy.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
The grans returned to school on Monday, August 12th.  WAY too early in my humble opinion.

For Pipe's it was her first foray down public school lane, and she had quite the nervous trauma over it ahead of time.  She was afraid she'd do something wrong, disappoint her parents or teacher, and not know how to do her homework.

Kindergarten probs.

I'm very glad to report that she returned home all smiles after the first day.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
Fisherhubby has found a new Wisconsin fishing buddy - Mark, whose wife's name is Jenny.  (Mark is pictured above holding a muskie he pulled out of the Wisconsin River and then promptly released so all you animal lovers can CHILLAX)

You may, or may not as the case may be, remember that Fisherhubby's best ever Indiana fishing buddy's name is also Mark, whose wife's name is Jennie!!!!

I guess if your name's not Mark or you're not married to a Jenny, don't bother trying to fish with Fisherhubby.

That's why I don't fish.  I'm neither a Mark nor married to a Jenny.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
I found this cute little magnetic dry erase board at WallyWorld for a couple of bucks.

I thought, THIS will make a great communication station for the fridge so
.
.
This guy, known to bloggy land as Fisherhubby, will have a place to leave me a message as to his whereabouts and other bits and pieces of vital information.

He took one look at it and said, "but I don't know what that MEANS!"

Arggghhhhhh - I shall NEVER be able to train that boy.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
Little Miss Piper completed 1,000 books BEFORE Kindergarten.  (Having them read to her counted.)

When she turned her reading list into the library, they called her name out over the PA system.  She had the graciousness to blush.

She also got a hand written note of commendation from the librarians and her name in the paper.

Already a celebrity at just barely 5.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Lately Fisherhubby and I have been taking evening fishnics at this very lovely spot on the Wisconsin River.
.
.
First we sit on a bench and eat the "nic" part (yes, that IS my Wisconsin mug, funny you should ask)
.
.
Then hubby indulges in the "fish" part while I text and tweet to my heart's content.
.
.
Some of his catches are FAR more noteworthy - - -
.
.
Than are others which barely should be mentioned at all.

Note, small or large he ALWAYS catches something.

Yes my friends, he throws them ALL back to swim (and be recaught) another day.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.

This little video of our daughter and her fam car dancing just makes me happy, happy, happy.

I guess the family that car dances together stays together.  ;-)
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 

Mommy's Idea

Now please head over to Mrs. 4444's place
To check out how others are fragwaying.

While you're there, why not join in the fun???
.

21 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I can see why you two would enjoy where you go on a fishnic!!! That is really a pretty, and serene area.

LV said...

Look forward to your Friday fragments. No matter what you and Firsherhubby do, you make it so fun. You always end my week in a delightful way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit today. I hope you're right about the shingles anti-virus keeping Ed's pain at bay. That would be great!

I love the idea of a fishnic :) I'm all into the eating part--the fishing part, not so much!

1000 books read?! Wow, that's quite a great accomplishment. My little granddaughter loves books, too.

Bill Lisleman said...

I'm riding the fragway for free. Maybe next week you could offer fragmints?
Do you think Little Miss Piper will be a blogger someday?
I think the catch/release thing is fine but doesn't anyone miss a nice beer battered fresh catch?

Cyndy @ Back in the Bush said...

You don't cook and eat the fish? Ever?
Piper is adorable and what a smart cookie!

Linda H. said...

New dish cloths make me happy too! In fact, I am one of those weird wives who asks for appliances as gifts. Don't laugh. Those food processors, openers, slower cookers, etc. make cooking so much easier.

Little Miss Piper is adorable. Congratulations to her for her accomplishment. 1,000 books is something to be proud of.

You don't eat the fish! I would. Yum!

Kay said...

Oh I love that picture in your header!!! Fantastic!

I am super jealous of FH. I can't seem to hook a decent fish, no matter what :-( The only one I hooked had to be let go.

I love the video of the dancing. We do that too!! The tunes come on and we all look ridiculous ;-) So that means we stay together, eh?? Good news!!

Kay said...

Oh, I love the Fragways word. Excellent!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Piper, 1000 books is a big accomplishment. Great photos and fun frags, especially enjoyed the car dance.
Have a great weekend.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I am glad I got over here to check out the happenings of Miss Keetha and fisherman hubby.
Your little grands are just darling!
I like your little picnicking on the river, very romantic?
We were in your neck of the woods the other day coming back from Door County. I would have called if I had thought you might answer...lol.
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Wow! August 12th IS early! Congrats to Piper. We read A LOT, but we never counted. I wonder how many my children had read?

Charlotte said...

Happy, happy,happy! That's what your blog makes me!

Claudya Martinez said...

My kidder is starting kindergarten on Monday and I'm not sure I will survive. You know fisherhubby is going to use the dry erase pen and write directly on the fridge, don't you? It's okay, it will still wipe off.

nancygrayce said...

I'm really glad you aren't married to a Jenny.......it would make Fisherhubby most unhappy!

Bless that little Piper's heart and I'm so glad she came home happy and smiley!

Those fishnic trips sound like a lot of fun!!

StarTraci said...

Little Miss Piper looks ready for kindergarten (after 1000 books!), early start or not.

I love the dry erase board. This non-fisher hubby could use that, as well!
Happy FF!
Traci

Karen and Gerard said...

That fishnik sounds like a great time to relax and kick back. I love the scenery!

Sandy said...

Great week Keetha....Love that communication board...HEEHEEHEE...
Love the river pics too and the dancing car!!!
Love from NC

42N said...

Instruct the fish to travel from the Wisconsin River to the Mississippi then down to the Iowa River. From there take the Cedar River fork and travel upstream to Indian Creek. I'll be waiting.

Bill Lisleman said...

soon coming to a FF post at A Few Clowns Short - the fragmint recipe.
thanks for the prompt that gave me the idea.

Keri said...

I'm shocked Dad didn't leave an obscene message 2.3 seconds after finding the board!! So I would say your training IS working!

Mrs4444 said...

The video is adorable, and so is the little walk through your fishing date.

I also enjoyed your daughter's comment above :)haha