I'm sure most of you remember that last spring my teaching career came to a crashing halt when our small private school was forced to close its doors due to decreasing enrollment. Well, you SHOULD remember, I whined enough about it.
Lots of changes have occurred in my life since then. As is usual for change, it's been a mixed bag of good and bad. If I were still teaching in our beloved little school, I could not have moved back to my home state.
There are definitely SOME things I really miss about school and others? Well, not so much.
Things I Miss Every Day:
1) The crazy antics of my students.
They brought much joy and many laughs to my world.
2) My colleagues, peers, and friends. Goodness, who is the goofy one that snuck into this picture?
We "walked so many miles" together it is hard to be separated now.
3) My students.
I was blessed to be the teacher of wonderful students who still from time to time reach out to let me know they remember.
4) The "Awwwwww" moments.
I taught six different subjects each day with different groups of students in each.
And from each of those groups of students I received much more than I gave.
Things I Haven't Missed For Even One Skinny Minute
1) The alarm going off at 4:15 every single school morning.
2) All the "other" stuff that wasn't teaching - - - - meetings, paper work, etc.
3) The alarm going off at 4:15 every single morning.
4) Falling asleep in my chair each evening by 5:30 or 6.
5) The alarm going off at 4:15 every single morning.