Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Grans are Coming!!!!!

.

This afternoon.

To spend the night!!!

I have been getting ready for them - - - loading up on new playthings and fun foods.


First I found this bowling set. Cute and colorful.


Next, ice cream cones!!! Oh, but wait - - - wait - - - DON'T try to lick them because - - -


They're bubblers!!!!


Bat and ball set. Doesn't every kid want one of these at least ONCE in their childhood?


And the BEST ammunition of all - - - FUN SNACKS!!!

I always say, "Sugar 'em up then send 'em home!" My grandson saw his mommy buying some Cheez-Its and said, "Are we going to Kammas!?!"

See - - - I am MARKED and KNOWN by my markings.

The best part of all is how inexpensive this "loot" was. I have my own special secret source of CHEAP AND EASY fun.


This price sticker will give my source away to the discerning shopper - - - know my fancy smancy boutique now???


Ta-Da!!!! Yep, Dollar General. The shoppers best friend.

Oh - - - and ALL the toys were on 25% off ON TOP of their already very reasonable prices.

You gotta LOVE Dollar General!!

.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that cute bowling set! Wal-Mart?

Di

Theresa said...

I DO love Dollar General! I buy all of my cards, eyeliner and mascara... as well as pasta salad and some other products. They are much cheaper on lots of things and I have one less than a mile from my house!

Enjoy your time with the grandchildren! Looks like you have a great time planned for them. Hugs!

Don Current said...

We're getting a brand new DG in town! The old one is wedged into an old falling apart strip mall and is so tight it's hard to move around in the store. They just built a brand new store closer to downtown. I think it's open now. May have to go browse!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I'm shocked!!!!! You mean there are other stores besides Dollar General...lol..it is also my favorite place to shop. You got some great deals. I too am marked as the Granny who sugars up my Grands, their mother's and other Grand's only give them healthy foods. I'm all for healthy foods but every Child needs a treat or 2 or 3 every once in awhile
Have fun
Molly

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute toys, yummy snacks, have fun with the Grands!!!

Iowa Sunshine said...

wow, looks to me that you've won best Kamma award!!! love all of the fun stuff ... especially the ice keem cones!!!!

Char said...

This looks like so much fun and I want to join in!! My grand children would love all of it. You scored girlfriend, Char

j said...

Your loot (not to mention the yummy snacks) makes me want to visit too! Lucky Grandbabies!

I dropped 40 bucks at Dollar General this afternoon on snacks for lunch boxes, drinks, and stuff like that. Oldest Daughter said "I can't believe you just spent FORTY DOLLARS at Dollar General." Well, when you have a hungry teenager along for the ride, you wind up spending money. That doesn't even count all of the stuff I said NO to.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing pics of Kamma's little Angels next week. Hugs Keetha!

nancygrayce said...

That bowling set has got to be a hit! Have a great time!

Angie said...

We have Poundstretcher over here - pretty much the same from the sound of it

Tonja said...

Love me some $Gen! There is one about a mile down the road from me, that I go to all the time. I buy all my votives and pilar candles there. Also they have wonderful seasonal plastic plates and trays and such. Here in Dothan we have 8% sales tax...but this $Gen is somehow outside the city limits so it only charges 5%. Hey, every little bit helps, right?

Trish said...

Love Dollar General! Yippee...We finally got one here in Michigan! Whenever I went home to Tennessee a trip to the General was a must!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your the best grandma :) Hope you had fun!