Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today I Went Down to The Creek - - -

.

And even though it's a chilly 18 degrees today I waded right in! Oh shoot - - - I wasn't satisfied with wading, I completely immersed myself!!!

I didn't get cold. I didn't turn blue. I didn't even shiver 'cause THIS creek was Cranberry Creek!!

Those of you who are regulars may remember how much I LOVE Cranberry Creek. Miss Jodi has moved to a new location just beyond Lake Nepco, and her new creek is even better than ever.

When I deChristmasized yesterday, I noticed some pretty nekked spots around my house.

That'll happen when you take out all the Christmas fru fru.

So, naturally, I headed down to the creek to bolster my supply of household dressiness.



I found this heavy wrought iron wagon wheel and a little wreathy thing to accessorize it.


Then I hung it up where the lighted Christmas wreath was.

Do you remember my little chair (on the left side of this picture) that had to move from the dining room down to the basement when I created my basement bungalow guest suite???

Well - - - she's back upstairs to STAY where I can enjoy her every day, and a bit later I'll show you why.


Next stop the dining room, specifically the little floor space between the china cabinet and the dressing-table-turned buffet.

See that little spot down there???


I created this fruit basket vignette to fill that space.


The wash board is the real thing - Grandma Great used to do her laundry on it.

The fruit basket is new, just arrived a few days ago from Florida filled to the brim with oh so juicy tree-ripened grapefruit and oranges. (Thank you FIL and Robin!!!)

But today at the creek I caught the wreath, the rolling pin, the meat pounder, and the potato ricer to finish out the vignette.


These lovely hat box ladies have lived with us for more than ten years, but they had to move over to make way for something else I fished out of the creek today.

I like them here anyway - - - I wouldn't part with them even though they are imposters having been purchased brand spankin' new from Hobby Lobby during one of their big sale events.


Here's what came up out of the creek and took the hat box ladies' space.


An egg crate and wire chicken egg basket.

Cheep! Cheep!


And here's the grandma of them all who came out of the creek to live in my basement bungalow guest suite.


A spindle back rocker.

I saw her at the creek a week ago today. I was in rocking chair envy the MOMENT I laid eyes on her, for she reminds me of an old rocker that was once upon a time in the office at my beloved Burr Camp.

I always wanted that rocker from Burr Camp, but it went the way of so many of our camp items - - - when the camp was sold, so were the things those camp buildings housed.

A week ago I resisted buying her.

I felt noble.

TODAY - - - when she was still there even after the grand opening of the new and improved creek, I felt enabled. I took it as a sign she was to be mine.

And that's all the news that is news today from down by the creek bank!!!


I'm linking this post with Vintage Thingie Thursday at Coloradolady and Thrifty Thursday at Bloggeritaville. It's been a long time since I joined these parties 'cause I've already shown most of my vintage thriftiness - - - so with all this new "splurge" I'd better join up while I can!













.

22 comments:

podso said...

I also would go for that rocker. Maybe all this creek power came from a lack of sleep last night?

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I always like seeing your cozy bedroomm bungalow. Great vignette in your fruit basket too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love all your new bits from the Creek, but the rocking chair is the best!

Ann in the UP said...

I just love the rocker too, and I have chicken envy. Love the chicken!

Rebecca said...

Actually, your header photo makes me cold.....the Creek sounds like a fun place.

Bev said...

Wonderful Vintage Items... I have some of them around here... They are fun!!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed seeing all of your treasures! Love the washboard especially.

Lady Jane said...

I want that rocker!!! What a beauty!!! Great finds and love what you did with them. I need to put new and different pizass around here. Thanks for sharing. LJ

42N said...

Not a hint of Wisconsin (W) items on your main floor. Perhaps you reserve them only for the football cave.

Lynn said...

What a fun post! You had me going when you said you went into the creek!! Glad your "creek" was warm and inviting. And thanks for sharing all your fun finds and the images of your lovely home. It looks warm and inviting too. Stay warm and enjoy your day.
Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

LV said...

Keetha, enjoy your post and the way you describe your actions. I love the way you have your vintage goodies displayed.

Erin said...

Great finds! Especially the rocker and I love the wagon wheel. Looks so inviting!

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a great ohotographs and vignettes! Nice to meet you and thanks for visiting!
Ruth

Tami said...

I have a "cow" chicken basket. Not sure why someone would make a "cow" into a chicken basket. I even found eggs that were painted black and white like a cow. :)

Heather said...

Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Pat M said...

that wagon wheel interests me, as well as the hat boxes! Thanks for sharing!
I am a new follower. Thanks for visiting my blog - hope you come back often!
Hugs, GraceinAZ

Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/

Jody Wakefield studio said...

You have some very beautiful things, thanks for sharing!

NanE said...

Oh wowee, that rocker is amazing, what a wonderful find! And I love the little vignette with the basket and washboard, so cute! Have a great weekend, Nan

Coloradolady said...

Keetha, I love your fruit basket decor...I have one in my sewing room, but after seeing yours...mine is surly lacking! I am going to have to work on that one!! Happy VTT

Unknown said...

Love it all! the Fruit basket decor is an inspiration cause I've got a washboard in the closet I've wanted to do something with and haven't. And oooo--The rocker! Very successful fishing expedition--and you kept them all!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Keetha, I love all your new items.
Your house looks so charming.