Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Calling All Sherlocks and Other Friday Frags

.

It's Friday, albeit Friday night which is par for my course, so LET'S FRAG!!! With titles tonight.


* * * * * * * * * * *

Calling All Sherlocks!!!

This afternoon, right while I was all bundled up in my new Bucky Blankie snoozing, the doorbell rang.

I tried to hop up and act like I'd been "busy" around the house - - - but I think the blankie trailing between my feet would have been a dead give-away as to what I had actually been doing.

I hurried to open the door only to find no one there. I glanced around and there was a large package. Goodness!!! This has been the week for receiving packages around here - - - this makes #4, but that's part of another story.

I brought the package in and tried to decipher what it was and whom it was for from the exterior of the box.

Fisherhubby immediately tried to claim it. He was sure it would be baits and tackles from Cabela's.

I pointed out that it had MY name on it.

He said he was ordering his fishing supplies in my name these days.

Right. 'Cause you know, I USE those baits and tackles soooooooo much.

*
I opened that box and found a traveler had hitched a ride on the inside. (Makes me sing - - - "ride, ride, ride, hitchin' a ride - - -)

See the little traveler up there on the washstand??? Let's take a closer look:


He's a brand new "king" come to live with all the others in my collection.

Do you see what is SPECIAL about this one???? Oh just look at his hat!!! He's a Wisconsin Bucky Badger King!!!

But who in this wide world SENT him to me????

I searched all the packaging to no avail.

This is where YOU, all my dear little Sherlocks, come in. Let me show you the clues that I procured and let's see if we can figure this mystery out before Watson loses his mind!

Clue #1: I've been posting about my King Collection during the holidays. I think whomever sent this king got the idea from reading this blog.


Clue #2: The address on the invoice is BIGFLY SPORTS from North Bergen, NJ. I know at least TWO bloggy friends from New Jersey.

"I TOLD you it was fishing stuff for ME!" Shouted FH. "I'm a FLY fisherman!!!"

"Pipe down, you're NOT fishing with my nutcracker!!!"



Clue #3: The shipping label on the outside of the box. Can you see the shipping address up there???

Here, let me enlarge it for you:


The Memory Company, Phenix City, ALABAMA!!!

Oh goodness, I have several bloggy buddies from Alabama ALL of whom know my propensity to shout and cheer and dress crazy for my Bucky Badgers.

So, Sherlocks, WHO sent me this wonderful surprise???

Nope, I really don't know.


* * * * * * * * * * *


Piper Time!!!



Here she is, Miss Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice with her mama.

When LAST we saw her a week ago in those frags, she had been banished to eat alone in the kitchen.

Looks like little Miss Diva has morphed back into the precious little girl we all know she really is.


And speaking of precious - - - here she is after having been knocked out by the infamous "reading" tranquilizer.

Notice, she's sleeping with "Tick Tock" her gator pillow pal which Kamma and Papoo gave her in August.


Still sweet and sportin' ONE granny clip-on earring, which she was determined to wear no matter how painful.

Pretty young to already realize that there is little beauty without much pain.

Disclaimer: The clip on earrings and other jewelry goodies did NOT come from me, the girls got those from their paternal great grandmother. I've never worn a clip-on in my LIFE except when I played certain characters in plays and skits.



* * * * * * * * * * *



Delivery Number One This Week



I was at work when delivery #1 arrived this week. And just lookey!!! More DeBrand fine chocolates!!! (Go check out their page, there's a monthly give-away you can click to join!!!)


This time they are from Daughter #2 and are for BOTH Fisherhubby and me.

I can't hog all these to myself.

I asked.

Korie says I HAVE to share.

More's the pity!!



I guess it's just as well I HAVE to share, 'cause by the time I got home from work, SOMEONE had already had his grubby little fingers in the box!!!


* * * * * * * * * * *


There IS More than Fishing in Hubby



Fisherhubby got out his paints this week and whipped out a delightful barn for me.

I just gotta wait to let it dry before I can get it framed.

You don't HAVE that whole drying wait thing with photographs.



Mommy's Idea

Please head on over to Mrs. 4444's place
And check out all the Friday Fragments.

.

19 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

I had a mystery similar to yours. I wrote about my daughter liking Curious George books and then we received a Complete Works edition. It took me forever to figure out who sent it, but these are the kind of mysteries we should all be burdened with.

Stacy said...

What a neat thing to have happen! It drives me buggy trying to figure out such things, but isn't it nice knowing someone thought of you and chose something just for you?

KathyB. said...

I love a good mystery, and this is a GOOD mystery. I am not too adept and solving good mysteries so I'll keep reading the book ( blog) until I find out the answer!

Your beautiful granddaughter is already emulating you...aren't granddaughters even better than sliced bread? (with PBJ )

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Oh fun! The suspense would kill me... I'm not good at surprises!

Love the grandbaby in your earrings! PRICELESS!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Wow, that's an impressive week!

Sorry you have so many friends from 'Bama, cause you know I now have to type, "Geaux Tigers!"

No frags from me this week, but it was a good one nonetheless. Tiring, but good.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Well Miss Keetha I wish I could help you find out who sent that wonderful King! but alas, no idea. I love that someone found that for you! I am convinced that blogging friends are the best in the world. hugs, Linda

Pam said...

As nifty a surprise as your Big W King is, I just have to give Greggie kudos for only eating one chocolate AND for his picture perfect painting! Way to go FH!

Moments and Impressions said...

What a wonderful surprise! I love anonymous gifts. And then chocolates too!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, what a great surprise!!!!! Not me though. But someone really thoughtful.

Your granddaughter is gorgeous! I mean strikingly so!

And a husband that paints....that's a beautiful barn he did....a framer for sure! :)

Theresa said...

Fisherhubby can paint... LOVE that painting! I am SO impressed!

I don't know who sent you that king, it sure wasn't me because I have 40 or so of my own:) Hope you find out who to thank! HUGS!

Ann in the UP said...

You won't let your gift giver just perform an anonymous act of kindness, will you? Good luck!

I had no idea that Mischief maker you are married to had such talent! I agree. It's beautifully done, and well worth the one chocolate he took.

Piper is a doll, and Keri is cute, too.

Erin said...

Now that is just too fun! A mystery gift, and such a perfect one for you! And that fisherhubby has talent! What a neat painting!

Pam said...

Mr. UPS was all about you being able to track your package in reverse until he actually looked at the label. We, Surelost and Homes, don't think that the address of the company or distribution center give any valid clue since anyone can go online and order anything from anywhere anytime.

Tracie said...

Lucky you! Don't you just love surprises?

Your granddaughter is adorable and I love the barn painting. I've always wished I had some artistic talent.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Keetha!
Now I wish I had been the NJ blogger friend who sent you that King Cutie, but ... it was not I. It was not even me. :-)

And -- women should NEVER have to share chocolates. Hide them. NOW.

Trust me on this.
Love, and Happy New Year!
Cass
PS Watch for big greasy envelopes full of lasagna and chili to show up at your door. Hey, it's pretty cold out, it might work....

Cindy said...

Marvelous post Keetha. I love the way you communicate. Sorry that both our teams lost their bowl games. I DO, however, have a new Packer's Sweatshirt. Another great year to be a Packer Backer, but aren't they all?

Keri said...

My guess is Grandpa Farrell. :)

Also...Piper doesn't sleep WITH her crocodile, she sleeps ON her crocodile. Poor little crocodile is very limp and flat...but he's also very loved. :) He is a must-have at bedtime, and she even drags him around through the house most days.

42N said...

I bet its from Snookie and the gang from the Jersey Shore.

I can't find my blog said...

I snorted at 42N's response!

Have you figured it out yet? Whoever it was knows you to a T!

And G is so talented! I love the painting. Where did you put it? (You know, you could make a little fun money if you had him paint more often and sold them....He's really that good!)