Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Mayhem

.

Does my title sound like a meme???? Well, it isn't, I just made it up to SOUND like one. (Oh, if there IS a Monday Mayhem Meme, I do not know about it I promise.) This is a "hodge podge" style post, but I already used that title so I had to come up with something else.

Mayhem numero uno:


Is there a doctor in the house?
What?!? Not one but two???


This is how these boys showed up for class today.
Why? Just because we're dissecting!!!
I'm their teacher and you can trust me on this one:
It will be a LONG time before they are
ACTUALLY ready to wield a surgeon's knife.


Mayhem number dos:

This is what hubby got me for mother's day - - -


Look very closely.
What? You don't SEE anything???
Neither do I.

And yet, this is what HUBBY got today
Even though it is NOT Father's Day:


Oh yah, a Blackberry Storm.


And here he is, happy as a clam at high tide
With his new blackberry
And his paper bag of Wendy's grub.

Mayhem numero three:

The lovely set of turquoise beads
That our baby girl gave me for Mother's Day.


And last but certainly NOT least, mayhem number four:


This is what my new bloggy friend, Suzanne
Over at Coloradolady
Found growing in her garden the other day.
It's all about reproduction all right,
FUNGUS reproduction.

You will find a fun discussion
About it here.
(Be sure to read the comments)

And with those four mayhems,
I bid you a fond adieu.

.

15 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The necklace is beautiful. Men !!!
Boys at school are really fun!

nancygrayce said...

Gotta love those school boys! At least they know how to have a good time!

My husband brought me flowers from the grocery store which is fine with me....but in the wee hours of the dark morning today, a cat got on the table, ate some of the flowers, walked into the living room and promptly threw up! I was cleaning that up at 3 a.m. NICE!

My husband has a blackberry and I want one. NO, I just get a bobo phone!

j said...

Lesson #1 for husbands of bloggers... tow the line or be busted on the WORLD WIDE WEB.

The necklace was pretty! And now I am heading over to be shocked at the fungus reproduction talk :)

Luke said...

Ooh! Those are beautiful turquoise beads. That's one of my (many) favorite colors. And I thought that you were going to say that your students showed up looking like that because they are caught up in the hysteria surrounding the swine flu!

I can't find my blog said...

I'd confiscate the Blackberry and hold it ransom for something that I really wanted. Like my fan installed.

KBeau said...

So I'm assuming you were dissecting fetal pigs and those boys were just being extra cautions, right? LOL!

I got the same thing from LBeau that you got from your husband, but he did make me a card on the computer.

Anonymous said...

you sound like you are such a fun teacher and how fun is that, that those boys dressed as doctors!
i did see the nothing that your husband got you for mothers day! you must send him something on this blackberry you got him that this wasnt a good thing. hmmmmm
the necklace from your baby girl is great and i bet you looked lovely in it!
let us know more about the dissecting!

Shannon said...

I love the necklace!!!

Julie said...

Oh my-MEN!!! First, I love the necklace!

Second-Those students of yours look like they are a lot of fun and keep your class interesting!

Third-I thought about you on Mother's Day! I remember you commented one time about your hubby getting a nap on Mother's day and you didn't. Well, guess what happened at our house on Sunday??!! And I'm the one that gets up in the middle of the night for feedings!!

No, I'm not bitter. :)

Shannon said...

You are so funny! :) Love that necklace! I sure hope you husband has something up his sleeve that he is working on! :) Ha!

Keetha Broyles said...

NancyGrace, our cats do the SAME thing - - - eat my flowers and then barf them up. What is UP with that???

Dust Bunny & Headless - - - I HOPE my humor came through about the hubby/mother's day gift issue - - - I'm not really upset about it.

Cry - - - nothing new happened today with the dissecting, except they DID wear the scrubs again.

Julie, sorry about your nonnap mother's day - - - I actually GOT a nap this year!!!

Shannon, hubby DOES have something up his sleeve - - - HIS ARM!!!! LOL

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

The boys-how cute! Certianly Keetha students. They know how to have fun!
The necklace-beautiful. Daughter did good!
And look! You and I got the same thing from our hubbys. They must shop the same place. How sweet amd thoughtful. LOL.
I bought my hubbys day gift moths ago and dads day isnt til June. Hmm.
Keetha, the last photo, took be back and scared me a bit to think that could be grown in a garden. I had no idea. Though I dont think I could tolerate another in my home or yard.

Stacey said...

I had to laugh at the picture of the mother's day gift from your hubby. You know what that means...go buy whatever you want!

I love that your students came to school dressed. That's a sure sign that you are a great teacher. They enjoy your class!

Keri said...

And your eldest child got you the same thing as your husband. :(

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh but, my eldest child didn't purchase a blackberry storm for herself the next day!!!!

I'm ONLY teasing dad about getting HIMSELF something - - - a BIG something, and leaving me out.

My eldest child called me.
So did my second and fourth children. It was a good mother's day!!!

Oh - - - and I got a NAP, so it's all very good!