Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another Sunday Rerun

.
It's time for another rerun!!!


Chari at "Happy to Design" is again sponsoring Sunday Favorites. This post first ran on June 19, 2008. Enjoy:



A Boy and His Granpaw

Once upon a time a very cute and very silly little boy decided he would have an adventure with his Granpaw.


This is that boy.


First he helped his mommy open presents for his new baby sister, he even put part of the present on his head. Now that wasn't REALLY part of his adventure with Granpaw, but it was just way too cute and silly to be saved for later, so it became part of his adventure anyway.


Granpaw took the boy fishing.


Granpaw did MOST of the fishing, but the boy didn't care because there were lots of things to see and something to climb on.


The sun was setting and there was a cool breeze which ruffled the boy's hair. How could it get any better than this?

Then suddenly it did! Granpaw caught a fish, a little bass.


Granpaw showed the boy what all great fishermen do when they catch a prize fish. The boy didn't really like the wet slimy lips - - - but Granpaw said this was a cool thing to do, so he did it anyway. Granpaw's have great influence over little boys and should always be very, very careful of what they teach them.


Next, while Granpaw was throwing Mr. Bass back in the pond and washing the slime off his hands, the boy stopped to smell the posies.


Granpaw took the boy to a tire swing in the park. He pushed him high in the air.


The boy felt just like a bird.


Granpaw surprised the boy by swinging too - - - just like another kid.

But even the best of days must eventually come to an end. This one was no exception.


The boy snuggled down in his car seat and slept all the way home.

The end.

Or, is it just the beginning?

21 comments:

Lori E said...

This is the kind of post you can redo any time and it will always be precious. Grandparents are so special.

southerninspiration said...

I SO look forward to being a grammy!!

Suzanne
Precious post!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a precious post. He is just adoreable and what a fun day he had with grandpa. Hugs, Marty

j said...

I'm glad you ran it again... I missed it the first time and this was just so sweet.

Have a blessed Sunday Keetha.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Keetha...

My friend, I'm so happy that you decided to join in with the "Sunday Favorites" fun again this week!

Ohhhh...if this wasn't just the sweetest post!!! Girl, it makes me so homesick for all of my grandkids! I have 8 boys and 2 girls! Your little guy reminds me so much of my Noah...ahhhh!!! This was a fabulous photo story!!! I am learning that you are very talented at putting these photo stories together!!! Such memories and keepsakes to share again some day! Thank you for sharing this very sweet and precious post with all of us!!!

Have a super Sunday, my friend!
Warmest wishes,
Chari

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Just adorable! I love that little boy, he is the cutest! Cindy

susan said...

Keetha-I can see why you reposted this! I'm so glad I got to see it! What a wonderful story and treasured memory....and precious little boy!

xinex said...

What a cute post, Ketthe. Glad oyu reposted cause this is the first time I have seen this. What a precious and fun time they spent together....Christine

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM My friend..now these are the kind of post I just love to see and read...Your little guy is darling...And girl I just laughed over all his ouchies on his legs..seems like only yesterday I seen the same things with my girls and would kiss them all better...May you have a great Sunday...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

KBeau said...

What a precious boy. Have a safe trip.

Kristin - The Goat said...

What a sweet post! I love seeing the kids all tuckered out on the ride home LOL They always look like they just lost all their muscles all at once. LOL

Anonymous said...

What memories Granpaw is making....

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

What an adorable post!

Your grandson is just tooo darn cute.

Blessings,
Spencer

Chandy said...

Awww, what a cutie! And a great adventure with his Grandpaw...

Happy Sunday, Keetha.

Oh, yeah, I'm your new follower! Love your blog!

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you for following, Chandy!!!!

Keri said...

Oh my goodness he looks like a BABY!!! He's grown so much in the last year!

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

cute...Aren't grandkids the best thing ever!

groovyoldlady said...

Aaaaaaw!!!!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh! What a special day they had. Wonderful pictures.

haley said...

ha, keri's comment is a prime example of how much we are alike (even though we are so different). i read through the post and then in my head prepared my comment. i had planned on saying "oh my goodness he looks so LITTLE. i can't believe how big he is getting." LOL! keri probably won't be surprised by that since every time we are together we say a minimum of 3 things exactly the same at the exact same time! HA! funny!

haley said...

whoops. not sure how that got there twice! ha.