Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, May 25, 2009

I Remember Their Sacrifice

.

And today I commemorate their memory with some scenes from our nation's capitol.

I dedicate this post to my childhood friend, Lee Peters, who gave his life in Viet Nam in service to our country. Lee, I will never forget you nor your sacrifice for our freedom.

I know full well that our freedom is not free.


Our Capitol

"Father, please fill the hearts and minds of
our nation's law-makers with
Your presence and wisdom - - -"


Washington Monument

"Thank you for our Founding Fathers
who looked to you for guidance
in building this great nation of ours - - -"


Viet Nam Memorial

"Please bless the families and friends
of those who paid the ultimate price
for our freedom - - -"


World War II Memorial

"May we never forget their sacrifice - - -"


"And may we be ready to give - - -"


"That which You ask of us - - -"


Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

"When you call us into Your service, Lord."


Four of my students
Placing a memorial wreath at the
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

"For we know that it is only by serving You - - -"


Arlington National Cemetery

"With our complete selves - - -"



"That we will ever be truly free.
Amen."

.

16 comments:

Diane said...

A beautiful tribute! May we never forget the price someone paid for all we enjoy!

Many hugs...........

Diane

grammy said...

What a wonderful remembrance for those who gave all!!! Beautiful, soulful prayer.

Tonja said...

This was a beautiful remembrance of what today is all about.

America...home of the free...
BECAUSE of the brave!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Beautiful Tribute, God Bless America
Happy Memorial Day.
Molly

moosh said...

This truly represents what today is about. Thanks for reminding us wiht your beautiful tribute. Thanks also for becoming a follower.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Thanks Keetha, Thanks so much for your wonderful reminder about what this weekend is all about.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful pictures. I am thankful that my son-in-law served his country and came home to us safe & sound. Too many people have lost their loved ones and to them I say thank you and I am sorry for your loss.

Trish said...

Keesha ...so happy to meet you. Thank you, for your comments on my Blog. This is a wonderful tribute...
don't you love Washington D.C.?
Now, that I've seen your photo's of Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers...I need to make another trip to our Capitol!
I am a grateful citizen today...God Bless America!!!

Louise said...

Hi Keetha, I found you thru the comment you left on Trish's blog ... I really enjoyed looking thru your posts .. I shall be back! I have friends & family in Indiana ... a beautiful state.

j said...

Excellent and powerful tribute Keetha. I hope that your Memorial Day is blessed

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beautiful post, Keetha! Happy Memorial Day! Susan

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks!

Stacey said...

What a beautiful post!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Well said! Amen!

haley said...

awesome pictures! i LOVE looking through all of my mom and dad's old pictures. it's so funny to see how everyone dressed and looked! and i love that maxi dress! it took me a minute to realize it was infact a dress but when i did, i loved it!

Anonymous said...

that was great
thank you for postin this