Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sunday Reruns - Confessions

.

Don't you just LOVE bloggy Sunday reruns!?!

What a great chance to repeat a "blast from the past." Thanks so much to
Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting Sunday Favorites
.

"Confession Time"
(First Posted 5/19/07)

About certain things, I am a procrastinator of the first order. In those things I live by the motto "Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow." Here is a list of some of the things I avoid:

***Bill paying.

***Listening to answering machine messages - - - someone might want me to do something.

***Bill paying.

***Cleaning the bathrooms - - - YUCK.

***Bill paying.

***Sorting mail - - - it might be BILLS.

***Bill paying.

***Unloading and reloading the dishwasher.

***Bill paying.

***Folding laundry - - - its entirely possible to live right out of the drier. Try it sometime.

***Bill paying.

***Any form of confrontation - - - who needs it?!?

***Bill paying.

***Anything that demands my time and energy after a day at school.

***Bill paying.

And just guess what I'm procrastinating today!?! You know it - - -

Bill paying.

This is it. I'm really gonna do it this time. I'm going right down there and face the music.
.

14 comments:

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Good list! LOL Guess that was the main reason I got rid of our house phone and answering machine. LOL
And I finally got my bills all on auto-pay.

Not i have a lot more free time to put off doing even MORE things!!

Have a great day!

Martha said...

Having always been paid once a month, bill paying is a rite -- not a dread -- a half hour or so and I'm done for the month!

I don't like to clean bathrooms and I don't like to do laundry (but I love to iron!)

KBeau said...

Now that I pay most of my bills online, I just set up the payment as soon as the bill comes in. That way I can schedule it to pay on the day of my choosing and I usually don't forget to pay it on time.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Wow, I just mentioned this to someone the other day, how much I enjoy writing out checks for bills. I like writing out the numbers in the amount section. I hold my pen at an almost 90º angle and write One Thousand One Hundred eleven & no/00 or whatever it is. Not sure why I hold my pen that way, but it's like weird ritual. lol
I pull out my little rubber stamps - one says Paid and the other says Thank You. I stamp Thank you on the memo line of each check.

Ahhh, but I'm an odd duck :) or goat as the case may be!

Lynn said...

I have two words for you, my friend.
Direct Draw.
But then again the bill paying job belongs to the Hub.
I don't even "balance" my account.
Whatever THAT means.

Alicia said...

Happy Sunday Keetha and thanks for stopping by my flannel sheets re-post. The cute thing about your post today is that even though you wrote it in 2007 I'm sure you still procrastinate about bill paying even today...lol.

britt said...

I fully support your laundry theory. That's how I lived when I was in school!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Boy do I agree with you on several of those things.
I do procrastinate but I don't do bills, my husband does that.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Girlfriend...

Hehe...you a procrastinator? Well, I've just learned one more little thing about you, my friend! Ohhh...and that you hate paying bills! I don't blame ya one bit though...it's not the actual sitting down to do it that I hate...it's watching my bank account dwindling down to nothing! Eeekkss!!! I have always had to do the bills...until my marriage with Russell. Girl, I'm soooo spoiled...he takes care of it all! He enjoys it so I let him have at it! Hehe!

I totally agree with you about living out of the dryer! Laundry is my "dreaded" chore! Ohhh...and dusting! I'm a big time procrastinator when it comes to dusting! YUK!!! Ironed clothes and clean furniture...it's all under-rated in my book! hehe!

Well Girl, you know that I love and appreciate you...my faithful Sunday Favorite's companion! Great post today...you made me giggle!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Lori E said...

Oh Keetha I hate paying the bills so much. SO MUCH!!
I do it online and just have to click a few buttons but I hate seeing that balance in the account go down.
I find it so stressful even with the money there. I just hate it to death. I do. To death.

How lame am I when I didn't even get around to posting for Sunday Favorites. I mean, come on. All I had to do was copy and paste a post. I must have been busy paying bills or something.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Hey, that's a great idea! Recycling blog posts. I should so do that!

And blog instead of paying bills? Why, of course!

Blondie's Journal said...

Bill paying couldn't be made any easier, but I am like Lori E, I hate seeing my balance dwindle...

xoxo
Jane

Anonymous said...

DUSTING
MOPPING
OFFICE WORK

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Sounds like it could be my list as well. I procrastinate any form of cleaning. I do dust when it's time to take photos for blogging. But I only dust what I am photographing. Glad to hear that I am not the only procrastinator in the world.