Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Things That Make You Shake Your Head in Wonder and Disbelief

.

Thanks to those of you who have expressed concern about me being MIA from blogland this week.

I'm alive and well.

School started and I'm just having a few adjustment issues. Don't give up on me - - - I'll be BACK.

In the mean time - - - - this is something that fits my post title:


This summer I found this brand of pickles while we were roaming around and about in the Wisconsin northwoods. I purchased several jars to bring home with me 'cause they are really yummy!!


Besides - - - with "Wisconsin" right in the label, HOW could I miss???? Right????


Until I got them home and read the fine print. Can you see it??? Here, let me help you:


What in the world???? There ought to be a law!

Oh well, they're still yummy and I've about eaten them all.

.

14 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

You must have just posted this...I was just logging on to check on you and this wasnt in my dashboard. I hope all is well. UNlike you not to post. Perhaps your getting like me....nah, you are far more organized!
Thinking bout cha! HUGS.
LOVE pickles!

Anonymous said...

LOL, now that is funny!!!Love your red nails, so sharp for the first week of school!:) My kids start back next week...The fair is this week:)

Lori R. said...

oh boy now the fun begins, school time here too! Okay a few q's for K.B.? Did travel son get home from ??? can't remember where he was? Maybe he did and you posted it and I don't remember... How many years have you been teaching? Did B&B get settled in for the winter?
Just a few things I was wondering about and thought I would ask!
Best of luck with school this year. I know how much you love your kids and class and science!

★Carol★ said...

Keetha, I always bring home a jar of those! And you're right, there oughta be a law!
School has started already, huh? I have no doubt that you are a great teacher! I bet you make learning fun!

Lori E said...

Did you guys ever have the Pace Picante Sauce commercials there: the other salsa was made in "New York City"???? horrors.
I think you just wanted to show off the pretty manicure.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Now when i began reading this I thought, "WHAT? Kosher dills from WISCONSIN?"

What kind of verkockte nonsense is this?

But now I know. No wonder they are good. They are from NEW JERSEY.

I rest my case. -- Cass
PS Good luck with the start of school. Did you get a new pencil case? We don't start around here till after Labor Day, or there's armed revolt. And that's by the teachers.

KBeau said...

Oh well. I've never understood why the airport for Cincinnati, Ohio, is in Kentucky.

As long as they taste good. Now when they start making Wisconsin cheese in New Jersey, then you might have to put your foot down.

j said...

Like American flags made in China, ain't it?

(I bet the teacher in you cringed at "ain't". Ain't it a word??)

(LOVE your nails. Very pret-ty)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I'm sure at one time they were made in WI - I bet the recipe was tested and perfected in the lovely state of WI. It still feels like deception doesn't it. Well, at least you found something that you enjoy!

Cindy said...

Crazy crazy world we live in! I've bought that brand of pickles 'round here before. I think they're the ones that my stepson likes because there's no garlic flavor.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I guess we really need to read the labels. At least it wasn't China!

kyooty said...

oh how I love dill pickles. I'm sorry they've been contractedout! :P

Kim Sue said...

to make you feel better they still could be made in Wisconsin. the plant could be in Wisconsin and the offices for the parent company that owns that brand is located in NJ....possibly

Nancy said...

Those are my favorite pickles! I have loved them for years. We can only hope the corporate headquarters is in NJ, but the pickles are truly Wisconsin. Reminds me of the "Authentic Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese" I purchased a few weeks ago and the label says the company is in Illinois. Hubs always asks for a slice of "that Illinois Wisconsin cheese." Maybe, we should stop reading labels.