Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

White Pine Silhouettes In My City

.


You can't help but notice them in the afternoon sun.


If you pause beneath one or two


You will catch their pungent, acrid, Christmas aroma.


They tower over roofs and other trees.


Their shlhouettes are jagged against the sky.


Everywhere I go, I look for them.


Sentinels over my world.


They are majestic Eastern White Pines


They are all over my city and my state
And I love them.


Thanks to Unknown Mami for hosting
"Sundays in My City"
To which I am linking this post.
My City is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

.

14 comments:

sheila said...

Beautiful! I have 3 of these giants that separate my house and my neighbors. I love it when it's windy and I can watch them sway.

Unknown said...

I love forests, too. Oddly enough, Honduras has a mighty share of alpine covered slopes, since our land is 95 percent mountainous. But it's a tad warmer than your land most days.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love the white pine and you certainly did them justice! Lovely photos Miss Keetha :) We don't have those here in FL, that's for sure.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful trees!

Joanne Olivieri said...

OH, I love trees and pines are one of my favorites. I guess because it always gives me a sense of Christmas in the air. Your shots are gorgeous, especially the reflective ones.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I forgot what giants trees can be. Those are giant beauties.
Be well.
xoRobyn

Anonymous said...

These lovlies are abundant in my landscape as well.I enjoy how you put this together.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Those are really big trees-- and so beautiful. I wonder how old they are.

Have a great week of tree watching, jj

RuthnJasper said...

Miss K - gorgeous pictures of beautiful trees - they really are special. We don't have big trees like that over here - makes me feel quite envious!!!

Lots of love to you,

R&J xx

Tara R. said...

All I have in my yard are scrub pines. I'd gladly trade for those beautiful white pines.

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love all trees and when you said the scent of Christmas everywhere, I almost smelled them! What majestic trees! No wonder you love them!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I'm sure they appreciate your attention. They sure are beautiful and majestic. Thanks for sharing.

Amy DM said...

The photos were beautiful and your commentary complemented them perfectly.

Claudya Martinez said...

I think majestic is the perfect word for them.