Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Favorites - Origins

.

Today is Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for "Sunday Favorites"!!!

Sunday Favorites are RERUNS, not current posts - - - if you want to participate, just repost something you previously posted "back in the day."

Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme. You may click on the link to find the rules and see more favorite posts.

Today I'm reposting an excerpt from the trip my dad, sister, and I made to Wisconsin to inter our mom and retrace our roots.



Birth Place
(first posted on 9/03/08)


On my birth certificate it says:

City: Shell Lake

County: Washburn

State: Wisconsin


In my heart:
Childhood memories of picnics in this lakeside park.



Images of this sandy beach - - -


Etched forever in my mind.


Calling me to kick off my shoes and - - -


Wade in the water.


Sister Pam, standing on the shore of Shell Lake - - -


On a warm September morning.


Just look who decided to join us.
Well, actually, I guess we joined them.



No life guard today.


And a stone's throw away - - - this tiny hospital. The newer, larger, improved version of the one in which both Pam and I were born.

And as we got in the car to drive away, dad suddenly nearly jumped out of the moving car in his haste to catch these folk:


Kenny and his daughter Darla who attended our church all those many years ago. What a delightful surprise to find them here.

.

14 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

What a killer cool place to grow up and be born! My birth certificate says "Boringville".

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What fun, the scenery is so peaceful. How great it was for your dad to catch friends from the past. I'm sure you talked for hours about it in the car on the way home.. Priceless... hugs ~lynne~

Jojo said...

What a fun memory. Btw-those are some fancy red toenails.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Girlfriend...

Loved this sweet repost, my friend! Shell Lake looks like a great place to grow up! How far is Shell Lake from where you live now?

Loved that your dear Dad got to see old church friends...that was awesome! Thanks again for sharing this sweet post with us for the Sunday Favorites party today, Darlin'!!!

Hope you're having a super sweet Sunday!

Chari

urban muser said...

Wow. You are right...we do have similar feet shots today! Great minds...

Sarah said...

What a wonderful place to spend one's childhood. Thanks for taking us along.
Thanks for stopping by my Mad Party. Your thoughtful comments about the effort that went into the party were most appreciated. Sometimes I question how I like to spend time. LOL But it was truly fun for me, even though it was blazing hot last year. Hot again this summer too! ~ Sarah

Rebecca said...

Why is the beach closed? Gorgeous beach though! I want to go there~

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful there! What great memories I am sure you have.

Holly said...

Sort of like taking a peek into the makings of Keetha! :) Glad you could catch up with some old friends.

Cheryl said...

This is such a cool idea! I always wonder upon discovering a new blog what posts I had been missing out on, so this is perfect. It looks like you entered the world in a beautiful place!

Martin LaBar said...

Splendid! I was born in Sawyer County, myself.

Diann said...

What a fun trip. It looks like a beautiful place to grow up!

Kristin - The Goat said...

What fun to go back and see where you were born and what luck to see someone you knew! cool :)

Tonja said...

What a lovely post! It is so nice to remember sweet times past. And, how lucky to see folks you remember! I know your trip has given you new memories to treasure.