Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, June 13, 2011

By the Time You Read This I'll Be On My Way - - -

.
I HOPE.

I'm Leaving at 5:30 AM.

Goin' to Kids Camp.

For a whole week.

To be a counselor.

Uh - - - for the last upteen thousand and fifty years I've worked camps - - - as the head counselor or the speaker. I think this "back in the trenches" thing may wear me out. We'll see.

While I'm away, I'll have my new little droid toy with me so I can READ your blogs, your e-mails and your comments on my blog. (Did you see how I snuck that hint to comment on my blog right in there!? I'm tricky like that.)

Maybe just maybe I'll have time to post some words on my blog as well.

We'll see.

Don't worry - - - I am not gone forever, so please don't forget me.


While I'm away you can sleep easy knowing that Grandson Mackinley is "on the job" protecting us from the forces of evil that are loose on our planet.

He no longer needs his helmet and his blue death-ray sword because he's learned to conquer the foe while only using his magic thrashing twigs.

So - - - rest easy - - - all's right with the world - - - well, figuratively speaking - - - and I'll be back Friday evening.

ttfn

.

15 comments:

Jojo said...

I've only been a counselor one time and while I loved working there, it was nonstop work! Good luck! Do you get a private room? My summer camp counselor experience included sharing space with another counselor. Hope it's warmer for you than it was this weekend!

Diana Lesjak said...

You are living my dream Keetha! What age kids will you work with? What a fun week~ Hope the weather is good for you all! Have a great time! p.s. I want a droid too~

Martin LaBar said...

At Hillsboro?

Does that mean you'll be sleeping (more or less) with them?

Theresa said...

Enjoy your week, I know you will! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for your volunteering to teach the children about my Jesus! I thank you for that, I figure its ok you are gone since its for a great reason.
your grandson will do great with the tree sticks (switches, is that what you call them, or spanking tools back in the olden days)
have fun my friend and God Bless!

podso said...

Yeah, the older we get the more stretched we feel when we do camp and such things, but it's good you keep at it and I hope you have a w o n d e r f u l week!

Keri said...

It's just like riding a bike! You'll love it. :) You cracked me up with "he's learned to conquer the foe while only using his magic thrashing twigs." hahahahaha!!!!

Raise Them Up said...

I don't know whether to be envious or to feel sorry for you! Lol! I've done lots of camp work, down in the trenches as well as directing. But it's incredibly rewarding, not to mention fun. Just think, you'll sleep VERY well when you get home!

Tonja said...

Hope your days at camp are full of fun and all the campy things that are so enjoyable. Now, you must set an example...not creepy crawlies under the sheets!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

You're going to be a counselor? Well, that's a full time, interactive job! Have a great time!!

Unknown said...

Have fun! I can't say I envy you! We are headed to Fall's Creek (Youth camp) the week before the July fourth as cooks and counselors so I do know of this camping sponsoring thing!

42N said...

I look forward to reading your camp kid adventures.

tinajo said...

Have fun - and it´s good to know that people like you take care of the children who have frantic mothers -like me, haha! :-)

sheila said...

Wow, that must be fun and crazy at the same time! GOod thing your grandson will be here to save the world while you are away! :)

When you get back come enter my zen giveaway! You might need it by then!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Okay, duh! I missed this post. Now I know what's going on. How very fun. I used to be a live-in camp counselor, now I just do camp in 8 hour shifts.