Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Third of the Way to 108!!!

.

Today the Big Cheese, also known on this blog as Fisherhubby, and I are celebrating our 36th Anniversary.


He's celebrating it by working and I celebrated by getting a mani and a pedi!!!!


Thirty-six years ago today, in the tiny South Carolina town where we tied the knot, it was about 110 in the shade and 99% humidity.

I do exaggerate - - - but not by MUCH.


Since then we've managed to stir up PLENTY of heat - - - in every way you are imagining.

After we tied that knot, we brought four wee babes into this world and made a family. I will tell you that QUIET moments around our home were few and far between. Oh, but what fun we had - - - and if we didn't think so at the time, now as we look back on those days every one of the six of us ends up laughing at our past antics - - - laughing so hard that the tears roll down our cheeks.

Happy Anniversary, Fisherhubby!!! Here's hoping we have 36 more years together.

You may read a lovely tribute written by the oldest of our four babies here. Thank you so much, Keri!

.

37 comments:

Keri said...

SIX babies?! Do I have two siblings I don't know about??? I know Dad has been an Arnold S. fan but COME ON! :)

hehehehehehe

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and wishing you many more.
Keep on smiling!

THIS IS ME....ONLINE said...

How cute are you two? Big congratulations! We just celebrated 28 years this month.
http://sunshineandfingerprints.blogspot.com/2011/05/ode-to-twenty-eight-years.html

LV said...

You make a fine looking couple that cleans up really well. Best wishes to both of you and many more blessed years together.

ain't for city gals said...

Gosh, where did the year go Keetha? Seems like I was just reading about your anniverary a couple of months ago! Congrats!

Doris Sturm said...

Happy 36th Wedding Anniversary - you two are a perfect match and you look totally happy together - that is so rare and precious! Enjoy your special day and I too wish you another wonderful 36 happy years together!

Best Wishes,
Doris

mzzbev said...

.....and so where's the wedding pictures from 36yrs. ago???? :) Congratulations by the way!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

What an accomplishment!! Congrats and wishing you many more years together!!

podso said...

Happy Anniversary! Your daughter's tribute is wonderful!

Vickie said...

Happy Anniversary friends. I loved Keri's tribute. So sweet.

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary! Go have your reception meal. (That's our thing here. We try to have our reception meal every year around our anniversary)

Ann in the UP said...

Woo-hoo, and they're picking up their option for another 36. Congratulations and best wishes for many more happy years together. You certainly LOOK happy in your pictures! (Though I'm surprised that he doesn't make bunny ears behind your head---you make him out to be such a mischief-maker.)

Whosyergurl said...

Congrats! You two are cute and sure look happy! xo, Cheryl

shannon i olson said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!! Never had a mani or a pedi but I do have garden dirt under my fingernails and on my feet, just as good!

Unknown said...

Hope your anniversary was wonderful!!!

Diana Lesjak said...

Happy Anniversary!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy Anniversary! How wonderful to be together and happy after all these years!

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the anniversary, my husband and I began our married life in small town South Carolina too!

Tiffany

Debby@Just Breathe said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

lilmomma said...

Awe happy anniversary! I can't wait to make it that far with my hubs! :)

42N said...

Wow, congratulations!

Serline said...

Happy anniversary! And 36 more good years to come!

Claudya Martinez said...

Congratulations! Love seeing you guys smile.

Maggie said...

Happy 36th!
Your smiling faces show just how happy the two of you are together, congratulations to you both.

Heart n Soul said...

Congratulations on 36....that is pretty amazing!!

Anke said...

36 years, what an amazing accomplishment! Happy Anniversary to you and the Big Cheese!

Erin said...

Happy anniversary! What a good precedent you have set for your children - and beautiful tribute from your daughter! My hubby and I both come from a long line of married folks, and I think it makes such a difference in our expectations!

Jackie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KEETHA!

What a wonderful post from Keri.
And, a wonderful tribute to marriage itself, from the example in you & FisherHubby.

We will celebrate our 36th in August.

Have a super day!!

Anonymous said...

Congraulations!
live it up.
you till have your bears to hang out with you.

Keetha said...

Still crazy after all these years!

Congratulations and happy anniversary. You look so happy!

Danyelle said...

Happy Anniversary Keetha!

Anita Johnson said...

Congratulations! Long wonderful marriages need to be celebrated!
Anita Johnson

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!! I love those story telling times in our family where we belly laugh and have tears running down our faces. It's great! I can imagine the same in your household.

Tonja said...

Congrats on anniversary...we will have 39 years in December! Wow...hard to believe!

Love Of Quilts said...

Congrats on your Anniversary..you both still are looking young so just maybe there will be 36 more. I read Keri post so sweet it made me cry. Blessing Trish

Grace said...

Happy belated Anniversary. 36 years is really something to be proud of and I wish you 36 more years of happiness.