Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Don't Be Fooled by the Innocent Book Cover

.

See this man in the blue shirt holding a coffee cup and scratching his head?

Looks real innocent, doesn't he? Oh but do NOT let the cover of THAT particular book fool you!

That man, commonly referred to on this blog as Fisherhubby, has one LONG evil goal in his life - - - to take advantage of my trusting nature and make me look like the fool he suspects that I really am.

I call it my trusting nature - - - he calls it being gullible.

To that end, the end of tricking me, he is relentless in his pursuit. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't try SOME antic or other. Often there is a recurring "theme" to his antics. Which basically means he tries some variation or other of the SAME trick over and over again ad infinitum.

While it is true that I have fallen for a couple of them over our 36 years together, (those stories are hilarious if I do so say myself but would be the fodder for a post of their own) I do manage to catch and "rebuff" most of them. This does NOT keep him from trying - - - and he always has at least ONE series of "jokes at my expense" on the go.


One of his LATEST involves that little yellow object folded up in his pocket. Do you see it? It is his church bulletin.

Yes that's right folks, even in CHURCH where innocence and total lack of guile are to be expected, he is GUILTY.

Every Sunday he takes a bulletin, glances through it, and then begins trying to tuck in down into my purse for me to carry.

Goofy man - - - I have a bulletin of my OWN with which to deal, I do NOT need his. So I hand it back to him.

At least 10 times each Sunday morning.

I kid you not.

The man is persistent if nothing else.

.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he working the Gaslight effect on you? giggle

Anonymous said...

That waskily wabbit........but you are smarter than the average bear!

Jan

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Well at least he is cute while doing his dastardly deeds!

Rebecca said...

My husband likes to take the church bulletins and throw them away as soon as the service is over. I like to keep it for the week so I can re read the parts that really connected with me, but Kevin likes to throw them in the recycle....gggrrrrrr

Terra said...

You two sound like a comedy team.

LV said...

After all these years, you should have found a way to handle him. Don't take your purse to church and see what he does then. Sorry, I have not been able to comment much. When I try, it say service not available, Error 503. Whatever that is.

Cheeseboy said...

Bulletin Wars will be the next reality series on cable.

He sounds awesome. I'd totally want to hang out with him.

CHERI said...

But isn't it wonderful to have a hubby who likes to have fun and who pays you so much attention? Mine loves to scare me...which I do NOT like but he gets such a charge out of it!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You two are cute and funny and look far too young to have been married 36 years.
xoRobyn

Lady Jane said...

Too funny,Keetha. Keep these stories coming....

Theresa said...

Oh you are too funny! I keep my bulletin and take notes on the back or make a grocery list on it:) Tell FH to use his to write down things to buy you, hehe! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Carolyn said...

Love it! My hubby is always trying to put TRASH in my purse. Ugh!

Kristin - The Goat said...

That's a fun one! Tell us more stories, Keetha, tell us more!!!