Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Is it May Third????

.

Seriously, is it????

My calendar says it is - - - - but I'm having a little trouble believing it since I just saw S _ _ _ F _ _ _ _ _ flittering past my window!!!

I kid you not. Real genuine WHITE ones.

Well - - - we just won't look at that. We'll come inside where we can pretend that s _ _ _ _ _ has sprung more than a leak. I mean since most of the REST of you are in full fledged summer mode by now, this leaky s _ _ _ _ _ we're having 'round these here parts is becoming almost funny. So come on in and we'll look at some things that are the same no matter what season Wisconsin is throwing at us.

A few days ago I posted about a new chair which I brought home. I told you then that I also got several items which were large enough to require Fisherhubby, Friend Bill, and a truck to bring home.

Some of you - - - - all right, ONE of you, Erin, was kind enough to ask me to show them when they arrived. Erin, this showing is for YOU.



First I found this little desk/table. LOVE it. I have searched around on the main floor of our duplex for a place to put it so I can enjoy it every day. Alas and Alack, there isn't even a CORNER into which it will fit. So, for right now it is at the bottom of the FBC steps where I can just open the door at the top and peek down for a glimpse - - - - which I do multiple times per day.

Eventually the little desk is going into a bedroom area I am working to create down in the FBC.


Once I get that bedroom all set up for "bottom dwellers" this chair will be joining that cute little desk in that room.

Maybe - - - unless I keep moving the little desk to the bottom of the stairs so I can open the door to take a peek at it multiple times a day and ONLY put it in the bedroom WHEN we have bottom dweller guests!

Oh - - - don't think I won't.


If I'm going to make a bottom dwellers bedroom, there MUST be a bed! So far, I've got the headboard and footer, which were more of the items Fisherhubby and Friend Bill brought home on Saturday.

BTW - - - this is just free information - - - Friend Bill is one of our new Wisconsin buddies, and I can already see that it may be very dangerous to turn him loose with Fisherhubby, it's scary how alike they think. I'm just sayin' - - -


I liked the finials on this head board, and the price was very right - - - so it was a done deal.

It might be a good idea to start looking for a bed frame and mattress set now, ya think?


And last, but CERTAINLY not least, I found this large lovely cabinet. Fisherhubby and Friend Bill weren't too happy with me for wanting it down in the FBC - - - but with grunts, groans, and straining of muscle it was a fait accompli.

It isn't old, just made to look old. But I thought it would be the PERFECT place to house my village people. The Lutherans were just complaining too much about the stiff hike up the hill to get to church.


I already accomplished the relocation of both the country cousins AND the village people into the large cabinet. I'm rather pleased with the result. For right now, until I can get Fisherhubby to drill some holes for cords, both the cousins and the village people are without electricity, but I just close the glass door on their complaining and can ignore them that way.

And now, I am going to have the audacity to link this post to Communal Global.

I shudder to think what the Global Community will think of me and my sense of humor - - - but best get them exposed to it swiftly and suddenly rather than in small doses.

:-)

Enjoy your s _ _ _less day!



.

32 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you for the post! What wonderful finds. I have a bed almost EXACTLY like that at my parents house! I'll have to find a picture. And I love love love the red cabinet and little table. I can't stop laughing at your housing the village people in your cabinet. Y-M-C-A!

shannon i olson said...

that cabinet is great. so sorry about the s*** lol, Spring is slow coming here too!

Jenny said...

Great finds! I am waaaay jealous!

Lisa said...

W_ _ T????

s _ _ _ f _ _ _ _ _??? No! b_ _ _ _ _ _ g W_Y!!!!!

Well, I for one think the Global Community will _ _ _ _ you! You are _ _ _ _ _ _!!!!

Love all your finds and I'm so glade Erin was _ _ _ _ enough to ask to see them. She is so _ _ _ _ _!!!

This was too much _ _ _!!!!

:) _ _ _ _?

Lisa said...

Okay, I got a little happy with the blanks LOL!!!!

See here you could say.....the Global Community will L O V E you!

and here

Love all your finds and I'm so glade Erin was O N I T enough to ask to see them.

She is so S M A R T!!! ((okay I forgot the space in on it...what ever! You already know spelling is not my thing! :) ))

This was too much F U N !!!!

and this........ :) _ _ _ _?
I have know idea...I got carried away. Sorry!

or you could still fill in your own blanks!

xoxo

And So I Whisper said...

Incredible how time flies!!!
Love the cabinet you found.

Ann in the UP said...

It looks like you found all great stuff for your hospitality suite, and I especially like your new desk.

Thanks for the good post yesterday, and the links you provided were great, too. They said exactly what needed to be said.

Keri said...

Will we be the first bottom dwellers?? I can't wait! :)

Buckeroomama said...

I love your cabinet!! If only I have space, I'd love to have a cabinet just like yours. :)

Thank you for linking up with us on Communal Global! I really enjoyed this post. :)

Danyelle said...

Wow and I thought i was annoyed with all the rain and flash flooding we have been having, now I am just thankful ours isn't of the cold or frozen variety like your's.

I love the new cabinet.

Theresa said...

OH NO, NOT S_ _ _? Hopefully you were just having a nightmare:) Love your new goodies, especially the cabinet for the village people! Enjoy your evening my friend, HUGS!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

No white stuff! Love your new furniture. That cabinet is amazing.

Moments and Impressions said...

Oh my, your finds are fabulous. Love that little desk so much!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Ohh... great finds! I love the cabinet. I am always moving my pieces around too... until I find the perfect spot! :)

Kari said...

Snow? You are kidding right?! You got some good finds! Nice blog!

Tiffany said...

Great post, can believe about the snow, it is darn cold here today too!

Tiffany

PS. Marie Antoinette:)

Kari said...

Packer country? No way! He would not be too happy about that! HAHAHA! Looking forward to checking out your blog more often!

Kari said...

Hey left a follow-up reply on my blog but am so new to this blogging business, not sure if you will get it there. Anyway, thanks so much for your tips! I really appreciate it!

Tiffany Franklin said...

Beautiful wooden furniture and cute blog! Thanks for stopping by <3!

Unknown said...

I have a couple places that cute table would fit fine in!

The cabinet is adorable too. Can't wait to see the finished room.

It's the weather totally crazy? We've have 100 degree weather one day and 50 the next here in TX. The picture on my blog with the little girl in a tank top was taken in So CA where they always have nice weather.

Jennifer Bowen said...

What fabulous finds! That cabinet looks great. And I'm sure you'll find some use out of the little desk.

You have a great sense of humor! Thanks for sharing some laughter with us each week at Communal Global. =)

Diana Lesjak said...

Great post! I am hoping not to see any more S__ _ _! Yikes! But you may have something here with spelling it instead of typing the dreaded S word! Can't last much longer, good thing you have so many project to keep you occupied! Thanks for visiting memesgems! And, please do spread the word about Wishbone Day!

Amber said...

Oh, I love the cabinet!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that cabinet!

Tamar SB said...

Snow? No way, tell it to go back to the north pole! Those pieces of furniture are stunning! Hope spring emerges for you!

Tamar

Jim said...

Loved the little table and 'pressback' chair!
Sounds like our spring here in Nova Scotia.....very cool and damp. But, no snow....yet!

fromsophiesview said...

Hi Keetha...tks for commenting on my wee bit of a dog blog. I see you are a PASSIONATE person about, let's say everything....good...hope enjoy sneaking a peek of world every now and again as I will of yours. Cheers!
PS...don't forget to join my followers list..I just passed the 200 mark the other day...whoop whoop, flip flip, spin spin....pant pant pant!

nancygrayce said...

What great finds! And what a great place for your village.....I'm sure hubby will drill those holes quickly!

Becky said...

I think I had that exact same headboard growing up. I love it and the cabinet. Great finds!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Some nice additions to your FBC.
Very beautiful pieces.

Serline said...

Happy to have you in Communal Global... that's what it's about, how different individuals around the globe can share their experience and glimpses of their lives.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Ooooh, it's always fun to find new stuff! I like that little desk. I can see why you keep peeking in on it.