Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Little Sun in My City

.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.

S _ _ _ _ _ is so slow in arriving on the Frozen Tundra of Central Wisconsin this year that I have STOPPED even saying that word. Seems that every time I say it - - - we get a little more s _ _ _.

True, it isn't sticking and piling up on the ground, or if it does it melts quickly, but even a die hard winter s _ _ _ loving gal like me is totally OVER it in mid May.

Totally.

So imagine my JOY when last Sunday, Mother's Day, was rather warm and somewhat sunny. I decided to CELEBRATE the moment by going for a wee walk in the late afternoon sunshine to see what I could see.

One of the FIRST things I saw, was my own shadow. Thank GOODNESS I'm not a ground hog - - - I'd HATE to scare s _ _ _ _ _ AWAY for ANOTHER six weeks.

And just beyond my shadow, do you see that gorgeous clump of white birch trunks?


One of our favorite Wisconsin sights is white Paper-Birch bark vivid on a hunter green piny background.


And do we have pines! My favorite species towers above the OTHER trees and presents an irregular silhouette against the sky.

I just EAT them up, especially in the late afternoon sun.


Then I spied this!

Is it Batman? A mal-formed bunny? A black cat sitting on the fence???


Nope - - - just a friendly neighborhood black squirrel out enjoying the sun too.

And that is a little stroll on a sunny s _ _ _ _ _ day in MY city!

What's goin' on in yours?


Thanks to Unknown Mami for hosting
"Sundays in My City"
To which I am linking this post.


.

25 comments:

42N said...

Ahh white birch trees, the icon of the northern woods. Glad to see no SNOW in your photos. You must have had those hot summer-like temps for a few days last week. Black squirrels are only in the far eastern portion of this state. We have grey and red ones running about.

Anke said...

I had never seen a black squirrel before, didn't even know there was such a thing. Wishing you lots of sunny days!!

urban muser said...

happy s_____!

Charlotte said...

So glad you finally have some sun! Just wait, it's almost S-----! Then you can go s-------! Happy Sunday! I have never seen a black squirrel before!

★Carol★ said...

Yes, S----- is always a long time coming up there! You know how we hope to retire in Phillips? Well I know that my love of gardening would be seriously tested. Probably can't plant anything 'til June, and by September there are probably frost warnings already!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Keetha,
Thank goodness it is sunny today or I felt I might go postal or something! OK, just kidding but I am short on vitamin D.
Next week 70's and sun! Now that is more like it!
hugs,
Cindy

StarTraci said...

First off, I love all the shots of trees -- just lovely!

Secondly, I have never, Never, NEVER seen a black squirrel. Wow!

Happy Sunday!
:-)
Traci

Theresa said...

I have NEVER seen a black squirrel:) It is cute! Hope your week will be filled with sunshine and blue skies AND those gorgeous trees! Have a blessed Sunday! HUGS!!

CHERI said...

Our weather has been crazy here in GA too. We seem to have actually had a little more spring this year than usual...thankfully! We usually go rather quickly from winter to summer!!! We have had some almost 100 degree days but this upcoming week is supposed to be in the 80's. I'm loving that. I love my state but it seems to get hotter every year and I don't like the heat! Of course, I don't like extreme cold either!!! We have squirrels too but not black ones! Ours are brown and very aggravating!!!

Rebecca said...

I'm so intrigued by the black squirrel. The ones around here are mostly grey/brown.

Unknown said...

We don't have any around here. I always think they are so fascinating. Illusive : )

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Aha, that's where the California sun went! Lovely pictures, K. I especially like the last one. That's a HUGE squirrel. I thought it was a black cat.
Be well.
xoRobyn

Unknown said...

A black squirrel? New to me. We have brown squirrels in South Louisiana. Enjoy your S....... day.

Vickie said...

It is raining here in Marion. Send some of that Sunshine down south

sheila said...

lol, that is one big a_ _ squirrel! lol!

Loved your _ _ words, so funny! Here in the cleveland area we've also received a dusting in May. But you guys have it a weeeeee bit colder and longer there than here. And mostly we skip spring altogether. It goes from like 45 to 85 and then that's it, lol. I enjoyed this, thank you.

soulbrush said...

what a great post, and thanks for visiting my blog too.

qandlequeen said...

S***** has definitely arrived here, but the sun sure hasn't.

The black squirrel is cool.

Anonymous said...

I hope that S----- arrives soon, it is only fair, it feels like winter has hit here early and with a vengeance.

I love the pic of what I think is a bat-cat, perfect placement! Have a great and hopefully sunny week.

Holly said...

Huh, never heard of black squirrels!

Can't believe all that snow is gone and you have green grass already! Nature recovers so quickly.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm really diggin' the black squirrel, never seen one before.

podso said...

I am enjoying the sights and sunshine with you.

Brenda said...

Glad the sun is finally shining and things are turning green for you, though I know how much you love the winter.
It's been absolutely gorgeous around our parts. So refreshing!
Enjoy your summer!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

What a pretty yard, it's like living in a forest (I'm sure a lot safer, no lions, tigers and bears. Oh MY!) but you do have black squirrels.

Anita Johnson said...

I sure hope it warms up for both of us soon. Each cold day reminds me we are getting closer to winter...not to be a kill joy. (-: we have a family of black squirrels too...they look so silky!

Kristin - The Goat said...

One of the homes that I lived in had a gorgeous paper birch in the front yard. The tree guy told us that it wasn't in a good spot and would probably die from the birch beetle or something like that, in a few years. I asked him if there was anything we could do and he said he'd spray the tree but the best thing to do was hug the tree to see if a beetle had started eating the wood under the paper bark layer.

I was seen hugging my birch all the time! I moved from that house in 1994 and the xboyfriend is still there and so is the tree! I guess it doesn't hurt to hug a tree.

I sure hope that you all haven't missed those May flowers!