Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

More Adventures With Eloise, Pronounced E-Lois

.

Yesterday was a bright sunny warm day, the kind of day where you could BELIEVE that the season between winter and summer had actually arrived, even on the Frozen Tundra.

Eloise called me up and said, "Let's go to that little shop I was telling you about the other day."

Well - - - I'm always game for an adventure of the shopping kind, and especially with Eloise - - - so away we went.


This particular shop was out in the country a ways - - - out in the QUIET country - - - so it was aptly named "Quiet Star Country Collectibles."


First thing I noticed as we turned in was the gorgeous quintessential Wisconsin red barn. I was HOPING the shop was in the barn - - -

It was not.

It was in this cute little red side building. Eloise is beckoning us to come in. Oh let's do!!


Inside we meet Lori, the proprietoress. Isn't she photogenic? I am a tad jealous since I'm notorious for looking horrible in photos.

What, you don't believe me??? I am selective, SELECTIVE in which photos I allow to go on this blog!! But I digress.

Miss Lori's quiet little shop is only open on selective days of the year - - - several days in the spring, several in the fall, and several around Thanksgiving. That's all. Either get there then, or miss out.


And oh would you EVER miss out! What a darling little shop. It was an eclectic blend (and you KNOW we love eclectic around here!) of antiques and collectibles. There was a new "ooooo" or "ahhhh" around each corner.


Miss Eloise takes me to these wonderful little shops - - - she spends ten dollars or less - - - while I break out the old checkbook and go wild and crazy.

Here are the results of my craziness yesterday:


A tin breadbox. I've been wanting one of these for quite a while - - - and you have YOURSELVES to thank for tempting me so with YOUR photos of breadboxes on YOUR blogs.

There never seems to be room in my pantry to store a loaf of bread without squashing it flatter than a frog under the front tires. So I've been coveting a breadbox of my very own.


VOILA!!!! A rust-red tin breadbox, and I've even moved in already.


Two framed prints for my laundry room/half bath wall.


These just screamed "Wisconsin" at me, and the price was right - - - so I brought them home.


Now Beauregard Bearski doesn't look quite so nekkid and lonely on the porcelain throne.

AND, mama's happy - - - we all know how important THAT is.

.

16 comments:

LV said...

Those are the kind of outings I enjoy. Wish I could have been there with you. You found great buys and using them well.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think you had a blast Miss Keetha! Love the red tin breadbox, I'm 'green' with envy! The prints are super cute and I'm glad Beauregard Bearski isn't quite so lonely.
hugs, Linda

Sandy said...

Oh, now this post I could oh so do...the tech thing is ?able, but going to nooks and crannies out in the country, I WANT to go there, but it won't be open in Aug. when I plan on coming to HS reunion in Point...I will have to try somewhere else, maybe in Waupaca or Amherst or.....
I loved seeing these pictures and your adventure there. And, the breadbox is perfect...my bread gets squished also...Maybe I will go out today to find some quaint store here in the Triad. Thanks for inspiring me to venture out.

Carol said...

I so love your frog under the front tires analogy.

Ann in the UP said...

For sure, the frog picture is quite a vivid one. I have a fine roll-top breadbox and can never seem to get GoodGuy to cooperate with me. It all gets in there occasionally.

Your outings with Eloise sound like lots of fun! I like your new pictures too.

Tonja said...

Love the bread box...love the prints...love the store. But, it is hard for me to think of the name Eloise as having another pronunciation. That was my Mom's name, and I've heard it way too many times to change now! :-)

Keri said...

I LOVE the prints!!!

Pam said...

I believe I spotted the prints hanging on the wall in the shop. They do look at home in your guest bath, I must say!

Still speechless on the Droid...

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, I just love Eloise and shopping with her must be SO much fun! Those prints sure look nice hanging above Beauregard's head! Tin breadbox, those are really coming back! New ones aren't as good as old ones!

Have a fun weekend dear Keetha, HUGS!

Martin LaBar said...

A real breadbox? Wow!

StarTraci said...

What a lovely store and a great breadbox. Mostly, however, it looks like a wonderful day spent with a friend.

:-)
Traci

Unknown said...

I want a bread box! And I like your droid. AND the orioles and hummingbirds have been battling over the bird feeders outside!

Moments and Impressions said...

What an adorable little shop! That brad box is perfect... save me from re-stretching a piece of half smushed bread back into shape.

Claudya Martinez said...

That shop is adorable.

Erin said...

I would love to go shopping with you and Eloise! What a cute place! You snagged some good finds I do think.

Anonymous said...

The shopping experience I did NOT get to this weekend is probably something you would enjoy. There are more events coming up this year. Check out their site at Hawthorne Hill Farm.
Your bread box reminds me of one my aunt had on the farm.