Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, May 30, 2011

It's 89 Degrees, I THINK It is Now Safe - - -

.

To say "spring" and even "snow" on the Frozen Tundra without bringing that white stuff back down on our heads.

I THINK it is safe - - - after all, we DID have a frost last week.


As Fisherhubby and I trundle around our state, everywhere we go we see signs that spring is really and truly finally here.


Our summer friends, like this Sandhill Crane, which I call the Emu of Wisconsin, are back.


Wild turkeys are "frisky" in the fields.


The ground is covered with wild flowers


Like these trilliums.

Fisherhubby scratched his way into the undergrowth
To snap this close-up shot.

He is dauntless in the face of wood ticks.

I am not.


Even flowering trees are. (Flowering, of course.)


And as we drove up hill and down dale,


My eyes feasted on the palate,
The palate of a plethora of shades of green.

And so, with reckless abandon, I declare that spring, Spring, SPRING is.finally here and we shall see no more of snow until the next winter winds blow.

.

18 comments:

Rebecca said...

What lovely photos. Thank you for sharing!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

And I say, "bravo to that"!
I am one of those who loves the warmer weather! Pretty pics my dear,
Hugs,
Cindy

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Well, let's be hoping it sticks. The GOOD weather, that is, not any late season snow. And I love those "emus."

Hugs/blessings,
Lana

LV said...

My kind of day. I enjoyed riding along with you on this outing. I am with you, I do not want a tick on me. I have had more than my share when growing up. My how they itch!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's about time it showed up. It's looking really pretty in the Frozen Tundra!

Diana Lesjak said...

Great photos! I have never heard of a sand hill crane! I learn something new everyday blog hopping around! Thanks for sharing!

Grace said...

Loved your photos and I admire you as you must be a sturdy girl to endure that weather where you live!
I found it interesting that your Sand Hill Cranes are a different color than ours here in Florida. Ours are gray and the ones in your picture look like they are brown. I followed you on your GFC I can keep up with your blog and perhaps someday we will exchange pictures of our Sandhill Cranes that are different in color (LOL)
Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog

Anonymous said...

Beautiful nature pictures. Love the crane.

Traci Marie Wolf said...

YAY!! Finally, it looks like the wait was worth it. Beautiful photos.

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like it is spring in your neck of the woods, and it looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog this evening. Hope you are having a great Memorial Day/evening. Gorgeous nature pics. So glad summer is here, but not ready for the melting heat that it brings.

Ann in the UP said...

Mwa-ha-ha! I know who to blame when it starts to s___ again!

Unknown said...

Hurray for spring! Love the photos! Can't wait to pass through WI and take some of my own. Thanks for dropping in to Artistic Composition. Love your blog, now following :D

42N said...

Congratulations. You photos are terrific.

Unknown said...

It is only fair that Spring finally arrived in your neck of the woods, Winter hit here early and it isn't right that we both freeze!

Random piece of information: the town I grew up in was named after wild turkeys!

Theresa said...

BEAUTIFUL countryside pictures! I love all of the green and the wildflowers! I am happy that SPRING is finally showing up in your neck of the woods:) No more snow for you dear Keetha until Winter!

Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Well, better late than never! Beautiful photos Keetha!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Some friends waiting for a transplant here in JAX are from Montana. It was reported to them a few days ago that they were still getting snow. I don't think I could take it.

So happy that you are seeing the Spring Green!!!! Yaaahooo!