Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Not ALL Ladders are For Roofing and Other High and Lofty Chores

.
It's been a long time since I joined Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday, mostly because I think I've already shown most of my vintage thingies!

I decided to join in again today, maybe some of you haven't seen these things.
.
 
This is my vintage-esque kitchen ladder.  It is made out of old boards that look like barn boards.  They are so chippy that I can't even wiggle it without leaving some barn-red "crumbs" on the floor.

Hanging from the left side of the ladder are two vintage aprons.  The blue one I won in an online give-away and the mauve one I found in our church's "clothing swap" store - called the Shepherd's Loft.

On the right side of the ladder is a cranberry swag - - - not vintage at all, but since this is cranberry country I am very partial to it.

Hanging from the rungs of the ladder are pieces of my grandmother's linens.
.
.
Scattered up and down the ladder are vintage kitchen utensils, cookie cutters, and tools.

When I first got married I still mashed potatoes using a masher just like this one!   Not sure what happened to my old potato masher, but am glad to have this one now.
.
.
I've used an egg beater of this style many a time too.

These kitchen tools that I have on my ladder all came to me via antique shops or friends.  I wonder about the folks that once upon a time used them to whip up all kinds of goodies in their kitchens.

Now they are "retired" (the tools, I know not what has happened to their former owners) from their labors and just get to chill out and "hang around" in my kitchen.
.
.
An egg beater from across the tracks.

Oh, I do kid about the tracks - - - but it is a different sort of egg beater or whisk.  I have never used one like this.
.
.
A flour sifter of the "turn the handle" variety.  I believe this was the type my mother had as I was growing up.

I have, down in my cupboard, the sifter that was given to me at a wedding shower.  It is of the "squeeze the handle" variety.   I imagine it too is now vintage, though I still have it in my cupboard as a WORKING kitchen tool on the OUTSIDE chance that I ever again in my cooking life decide to sift some flower.

Probably never gonna happen, but I'm not about to put something that was NEW to me, circa 1975, into vintage display just yet.
.
.
One more little vintage item I just found in my picture folders.  I believe this is the "button" I first used when playing Vintage Thingies Thursday.  I don't remember why it says "Apron Queen" instead of Coloradolady.  I bet Suzanne can tell us!
.
.


That's it for this version of VTT.
Please head over to Coloradolady's place
To see all the vintage goodies 
Shared by other bloggers.
.
.

16 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

I'm so glad you showed your kitchen ladder, I think it is just fabulous! I have a friend who has a red and white kitchen and she is just going to go crazy for this cool way to display her treasures! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to have you link as well.
Wishing you a happy and blessed new year.
Patti

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh I love that Keetha!
That looks so charming, what a great idea.
You have some really cool vintage stuff there.
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Diane said...

I love your ladder with vintage treasures. I remember growing up my Mom had a potato masher and egg beater just like yours. When I first lived on my own in my 20's I bought one of each as well, had both for a long time too! Nice post my friend. Diane

Barb said...

That ladder display is a brilliant idea! My MIL uses an old step ladder to hold her plants. I may have to find a use for a ladder, too. Well, first I have to find a ladder. :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your ladder and it's such a great way to display vintage 'thingys'!! I need to share some of mine. I've been off the blogging track but I hope to get back on now that Christmas is over.
hugs, Linda

Cactusneedle said...

Oh my! Your vintage utinsel display looks just like the items I still use! My grandmother had a sifter like that and I have one also that I use all the time. So much easier than the squeeze handle one. Potato masher - yep! use one of those also!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Long time no see Keetha, fun to see your name pop up! Adore all your vintage kitchen things.

Happy New Year!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your ladder! Really cute and so charming. Have a Happy New Year....

Claudya Martinez said...

I love that ladder.

Michelle said...

How else would you mash potatoes? (Assuming you're not doing what I do half the time, which is pouring them out of a foil package!)

Grandma still uses an egg beater like that when she makes the gravy at Thanksgiving. It lives in Mom's drawer and I'm not sure if anyone else has ever used it.

Tami said...

I have an old wooden ladder outside. A flowering vine grows up it during the summer months. Very pretty. You are wonderful ideas for your ladders.
I also have a lot of old utensils that my grandmother gave me. Nothing wrong with them, so why not use them!

Ann in the UP said...

It was very pleasant to spend a few minutes in your kitchen again, and enjoy your cookie cutters and other goodies. I can't cook without an apron---good excuse for not cooking, huh? I wish I had one of those old sifters. I agree that they are much easier to use than the squeeze handle kind. I use my strainer now.

LV said...

Good seeing you out today. You have plenty of vintage goodie. I have some of the same ones that belonged to my mother. Have not used them in years tho.

Pam said...

Love your "kitchen Ladder". I'm thinking of using a vintage ladder to display some of my quilts. I really like all the items that you display on your ladder. Such a wonderful idea.

Erin said...

You know I love the red handled utensils! So cute! And isn't it fun to have a place to display old family pieces? I too have a flour sifter, but I find sifting flour highly overrated! :)

Vidya Sury said...

I just love the idea of using the ladder this way. My aunt did that. On occasion, the ladder also served as a clothes line to hang out all the kitchen towels. :-) You know Keetha, most of the things in my kitchen are still vintage! :D I never progressed.

Love to see your stuff...erm...thingies!