Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Fragments - Ridiculous to Sublime

.
It's Friday and time for some Frags to come out and play.  If you've never joined Friday Fragments before, let me highly recommend that you join today!  You'll find directions for how to do so at the very end of this post.

About ridiculous and sublime fragments - there may not actually be ANY sublime fragments in this post, but oh my friends the last one is ridiculous on oh so many levels.

Just wait 'til you get there.
.
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Have you seen this new Christmas movie yet????  It's awesome.

Oh WAIT - - - it isn't a movie!! It's my kids and grans in their very own Christmas Card.

But wouldn't it make a GREAT movie jacket?

Just look at little pixie Piper!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 

There's a snowman on the African Savannah!
.
.

When they saw him
The giraffe froze,
The rhino's blood turned to ice,
And the elephants got cold feet!!!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 
Couldn't find any Christmas eggs, so red and gold ornaments joined the football eggs in the chicken basket for a touch of Christmas ambiance.

Can't take away the footballs 'cause it's not only Christmas time, it's College Bowl time too.

Gotta love all these celebrations at once!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 

Changed my outdoor vignette from fall to Christmas.

Did you know that if you use sand as "filler" inside your outdoor containers, and if it rains and gets the sand wet, and then if it freezes,  your picks are stuck in the sand until spring or until you bring the whole kit and kaboodle indoors and let it thaw.

They "ain't" gonna blow away when they're frozen down in the sand.

If you live in Florida or some other seasonless warm place, sorry about your luck.

Yes that most certainly IS a blob of blue sticky-tack that I can't get up from the concrete.  It WAS holding down one of my faux fall pumpkins.

.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
 


This commercial was made just for me and my love of "Kings."

Don't know why there's no sound - - - but sound is overrated anyway.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
Bret Bielema, FORMER Badger coach, has left us for Arkansas and the Razorbacks.  All this since a week ago when I posted that I e-mailed him before the Nebraska game.

There are those who say I chased him away with my backseat coaching tips.

I don't know about that, but this I do know:  He'll still be sportin' red and white on the Hog's sideline. 
.
 * * * * * * * * * * * *
.
.

This is my friend Sheri, sporting a dog-lovers sweat shirt, which I thought all my dog blog friends would enjoy.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 

Fisherhubby and I attended a high school Madrigal dinner (I hope to post about it for Sunday in My City this week)  and THIS was one of the songs on the program.

Fisherhubby said it will be his new theme song when he stands out on the patio cooking at the Weber.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 


What do you suppose THIS is?
I like this "view" of it.

Answer in Sunday's post - - - so tune in then.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
And now we have reached the ridiculous fragment.

If you turn queasy at the sight of bad dressing, and by that I mean one woman's ill conceived notion of modesty, you may want to click away from this blog now and spare your stomach.

Oh, I kid you not.  

Click away if you don't have a brave heart.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

This, my friends, is undoubtedly the MOST exposed and ill disguised muffin top I've EVER seen.
   

"Does this make my posterior look the size of Texas?"

Yes dear, I'm afraid it does.    Don't you have even ONE mirror in your home?

Normally I try really hard to give photo credits on this blog, but this time I don't think either photographer nor photographee WANT identification.

Besides, I am clueless as to either identity. 
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
. 
That does it for this week's frags.
Thanks for joining me for both the ridiculous and the sublime.
Now, please hurry on over to Mrs. 4444's place 
And see more sublime and/or ridiculous frags on display.    
.
.
.

Click this: Mrs 4444
.
.
Photo of Bret Bielema from bleacherreport.com
.
 

33 comments:

Rebecca said...

Just cause you can get them on doesn't mean that they fit. Right?

Also, I want to live in a season-less warm weather, tropical climate.

Anonymous said...

Awww that's a super cute Christmas card. It does make a neat movie jacket!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That last fragment? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I'll be back on Sunday - curious what that is.

Yes, that picture would make a wonderful movie jacket! Love it!

Bill Lisleman said...

Great Christmas card - full of fun. They all could be on stage.
A view of a crushed smartphone?
Miss inked muffin - wow I wonder if she just can't remove those shorts anymore but I really don't want to think about it.

podso said...

Why did I think you had only two grands, but I count three. And sorry about your coach. Funny, right after your email.

And I thought you were giving a positive tip about the sand! :-)

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh...the size of TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA. Good thing you can't see the panhandle from here!!!

Wayne W Smith said...

The Christmas picture was awesome but the butt picture was just disturbing...

Barb said...

Congrats on the win -- or should I say blowout -- against Nebraska. I hadn't heard that Bielema is leaving for Arkansas. Will he be coaching the Rose Bowl, at least?

I love the Christmas card and the snowman who had such an effect on the other animals. lol

Tami said...

That's a GREAT Christmas card!
Yep, I think you chased the coach away!
Football eggs, REALLY?? HAHA! I'm jealous that hockey pucks are the wrong shape.
I'd like to think the 'texas' photo is photoshopped. I'm afraid thats not the case.
Have a wonderful weekend!

noexcuses said...

Love the Christmas card picture! So much fun to share!

My pointsettias are stuck outside until Spring, as well!

Nice Tatt, but not in the best light....

Have a great weekend!

Cathy said...

Love your Christmas card and the sprinkling can with the Christmas decorations. So cute.

That last picture is just unbelievable. My word! it looks like she's wearing shorts that belong to the girls standing beside her. Is her butt numb or something. You mean she can't feel the breeze blowing on her crack? Wow!!!

Thanks for the laugh though! hahahahaha

Erin said...

I love the Christmas card! I can tell Keri is your daughter...don't ask me how! ;) I love the dog sweatshirt! So true! As for that last picture, I actually gasped outloud. How in the world did she get into those? Shoehorn?

Julie Odil said...

Hey, that was my friend, Sheri! Great pic of her. (NO!!!! not the one with the bum showing! How disgusting!)

shannon i olson said...

oh Lord, you had me at blue short shorts..... speechless =/

nancygrayce said...

I'm really feeling like your email sent the coach right over the edge!

I love, love, love Keri's family's Christmas card and yes, it even looks like a movie!

I never thought to put Christmas flowers in my watering can outside, so thanks for that great idea!

Do NOT be telling anyone that was me in my super cute shorts! I love the tattoo too! :)

LV said...

Keetha, you are something else. Would not have you any other way. You make everything so much fun.

Unknown said...

I love the Christmas card. The other picture? I resent, er resemble, that slightly. I need to remember that during the upcoming season of indulgence.

Kay said...

Awesome!!! Thank you for the great Xmas card photo idea for next year ;-) Is it polite piracy to steal proffered ideas???

So you chased the coach off eh...

Ok, the muffin top just totally erased anything else I could say. I think I am going to go be sick now ;-) No really, the photographer should have offered a sheet or something...

Brenda said...

Yep you gave me fair warning...next time I'll heed it! Can't see the tat for the crack! Yikes. That's just not right...and so sad, really.
Love your kids picture. You're right, it does look like a movie cover!

Martin LaBar said...

El Grillo? OK.

That looks like a partly burned something or other, possibly part of a football.

Some people really don't know how much they stand (or stick) out.

Ann in the UP said...

Gracious goodness!

How did you even find that picture? Google "grossest picture on the internet?" I can't believe anyone could be that oblivious!!!

The kids Christmas card is a charmer. I love the looks on the kid's faces.

Martin LaBar said...

I checked with Google translate -- Grillo is Spanish for "cricket."

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

If I ever get them mailed, for our card this year I "tied" my children up with lights and put tape over their mouths and wished everyone a "Silent NIght". I am waiting for a new power cord from my old laptop to arrive so I can print out my mailing list!

I often wonder if some people look in the mirror before they leave the house and say, "Man, I look good!" because while I'm no fashion maven, I at least try to look pulled together and covered up!

Stacy said...

Love the Christmas card...such a cute picture! I do believe, however, that you have ruined muffins forever. LOL

LuAnn said...

A little shocked about coach leaving his badgers and heading south. But will be great to see Barry coaching again.

Love the outdoor decor with the watering can too.

Diane said...

Love the Christmas card and the sweatshirt!

As for the muffin top? There are just no words...No words!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I just love your daughter's card Keetha, that is the cutest idea!
But that last frag, oh my, just not good, not good.
We have snow in the forecast tonight! How about you? But we will see, I want a white Christmas!
Hugs friend,
Cindy
p.s. your decor looks lovely too!

Keri said...

Looks like Dad tried to smoke his iPhone instead of his cigar! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It always amazes me how people dress....what are they thinking?
I love Keri's card, way too cute.
We have a fun card this year too.

Claudya Martinez said...

Well, I enjoyed just about all the lovely decorative touches in this post except for that posterior shot. That just looks painful. It must cut off her circulation.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

That's a pretty cool and creative Christmas card photo... as for the last one, I afraid that's become the "norm" for some folks attire and should be arrested for indecent exposure ;-) Store's now a day need a "Pull Your Pants Up!" sign.

Janet, said...

Oh my, I can't imagine anyone going out looking like that. Don't they realize how gross they look?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome and original Christmas card!