Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I Think I Might Be Cheap and Easy

.
My friend Joy used to say, "I'm cheap and easy."   She was referring the fact that she loved to receive cheap costume jewelry and other inexpensive but blingy things.

Of course, that was back in the day before we knew what bling was.

She ALSO used to say, "Chocolate is God's will," but I'll have to save THAT one for ANOTHER blog post.

Back to the "cheap and easy" bit - - - - but first - - - 

Today was a lovely Christmas.  Fisherhubby and I spent a little over an hour this morning skyping with two of our children, our oldest and youngest who were both together in one place, our grans, and our SIL.  

While we were skyping, we were also opening the plethora of fun Christmas gifts sent to us by my MIL, Robin.  Now we're getting CLOSER to the part about me being cheap and easy.

After the skyping and unwrapping, Fisherhubby had to go to the ER to spend his day taking care of I know not WHAT kinds of "issues," though I'm guessing MOST of them were frivolous and not emergencies at all.  (But, I digress again and I won't go there in THIS post except to say that MOST of the patients who come into the emergency room have NO CLUE what a REAL emergency is.)
.
 
While Fisherhubby was working away his Christmas Day in the ER, I went blithely off to my friend Connie's house to enjoy Christmas Dinner with friends.
.
.
I always love going to Connie's house, but it is especially special on holidays.

It is a comfortable, homey place where folks congregate in the kitchen to "help" (a little) and talk (a lot.)

And now we get to the part where I am cheap and easy.

I am soooo transparent about my passions that I believe I make it EASY for folks to find gift ideas for me.  And since none of my passions are EXPENSIVE - - - I'm also cheap.

Don't get me wrong, by saying I'm cheap and easy I in no way mean to imply that I am not THRILLED with the gifts.  On the contrary, nothing could make me happier than the assortment of things that found their way into my possession this Christmas.

I'm going to show some of them to you, and I think if you've visited my blog for more than 5 minutes you will agree that my "peeps" know me well and chose gifts that simply SCREAMED my name.
.
.
A Bucky Badger scarf.  

There was never, nor will there ever be, a better mascot than Bucky Badger.

No - - - don't tell me about your scary nuts, or your jolly green Spartans, or your "cornheads" or even your gators.  NONE of them can hold a candle to my Bucky.

My mind is made up, please do NOT try to confuse me with your facts.

;-)
.
.
A sign to hang in my computer room.

I MAY put it on the front door when I take down the Christmas wreath, but then again I may leave it right here beside me where I can ALWAYS see it.

I'm not sure the "world" will notice it as they pass my front door, and I'd certainly hate to WASTE it where it couldn't be seen and enjoyed.
.
.
Four miniature Santa stockings.

For the rest of this season I hung them on my grape vine wreath.   I think they give it that "je ne sais quoi" effect.
.
.
Two jig saw puzzles.

These look to be much more difficult than the "primitive art" puzzles I USUALLY put together.  I MAY still be working on these by NEXT Christmas.

It will keep me out of trouble.

Maybe I'll send Brunhilda and Borris down to the football cave to work on them during their long winter's hibernation.
.
.
Little decorative soaps.

I put them in a canning jar 'cause they're way too cute to use.   Can you tell what they are?  Here, let me give you a closer look:
.
.
Now can you make out their little "King" features?

Nutcracker decorative soaps!!  Who knew???
.

 A set of four embroidered "vintage-esque" hand towels.

Just before Christmas I was wishing I had "just the right" vintage Christmas towels to hang on my dry-sink towel rack.  I didn't have any, so I just forgot about it.
.
.

I didn't have any - - - UNTIL NOW, that is!! 

Now I have a whole row of "Kings" marching across my dry sink.  What could be more perfect??
.
.
A large pillow-King.

Isn't he just "the thing" to go in the chair beside the patio doors? 

He's my FIRST pillow-King!
.
.
A gingerbread-oreo-candycane King!

He makes me think of "sugar plums" dancing in heads.

If you look closely at his right hand, you will see he is holding a candy cane AND a gingerbread man on a red ribbon. 

And don't neglect to notice his oreo/peppermint beefeater hat!

So, you see, it was a Very Merry Christmas for me.

I hope all was merry and bright for you too!!
.
.

15 comments:

nancygrayce said...

What great gifts! Glad you had a wonderful Christmasa, We did as well, with the few usual glitches.....and now I'm up and wide awake at 3 am....let the fun begin!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What fantastic gifts! I lean toward the "primitive art" puzzles, too ... and the ones you got this year do seem to be more difficult. Good luck!

Barb said...

Those are awesome and fun gifts! I love your idea of putting the decorative soaps in a jar. And "scary nuts" -- bwahahahaha! At first I was worried that your husband was at the ER as a patient! Oops.

I'm sorry I haven't been by -- we were visiting my in-laws in Iowa and I've been sick for a week. I'm glad you had a great Christmas, Keetha.

Tami said...

I would say the Kings are getting out of control… but I love it too much!!! The puzzles are AWESOME!
Funny, I got a Flyers scarf for Christmas similar to your Badger one!
Skye is great! I talk to my niece in AL that way.
That stinks that Fisherhubby was spending xmas in the ER. You are right about the non-emergency folks showing up. Perhaps I shouldn't be criticizing though, I did take Brandon for a concussion. Not sure if that constitutes an emergency. All I know is that I was in panic mode when it happened. Oh dear, I posted another long winded response.
It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Merry Chritmas!!

Charlotte said...

Friends and family make Christmas special. Glad you had both. Merry Christmas!

Tracy said...

Great gifts. The scarf I'm sure will be well worn by the end of winter.

Cathy said...

I don't know anything about Bucky Badger, but I love the red scarf and all your other gifts too. I'm beginning to feel the need to put a jigsaw puzzle together. I love working them (but I only like mine to be about 500 pieces). I get to obsessed when I'm working them and if I worked a 1500 piece puzzle, I wouldn't get anything else done for a week or more. haha

Sounds like you had a good Christmas.

Ann in the UP said...

Quite a haul of fun gifts that will be much appreciated by you! I got books, and books, and DVD's. So now during the future absence of football I can watch old mystery series and knit, knit, knit!!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Some of the best Christmas memories come from the thought of family in the kitchen. looks like a good time was had by all!

podso said...

Yes they appear to be "right up your alley." I think the little towels are very cool, especially as they fit right in to where you had forgotten you were wanting some!

Keri said...

It was SO MUCH fun opening gifts with you and Dad! We should do that every year we aren't "in person". :) Merry Christmas!

Keetha Broyles said...


Yes, let's make a PLAN!!

Theresa said...

WOW, lots of gifts and YES they knew what to buy:) Love all of your gifts but those little towels are my favorites! Enjoy your evening dear Keetha, HUGS!

Erin said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Nothing wrong with going through life cheap and easy. ;)

Vidya Sury said...

Cute! I haven't visited Brunhilda and Borris - have "they" written any posts? :D

I just love your dry sink towels! When I was around 12-13, I was so enamored with cross-stitch that I would make all sorts to things like table cloths, tea cozies, table napkins, etc. to gift to people. My Mom used to be highly amused.

Hugs! What a delight, Keetha!