Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It Happened on First Street

.


The calendar hadn't even rolled over into December yet when this little place on First Street put on its Christmas airs.

Oh, to be sure, the same airs were coming out all over the world at this time, but never before had the Christmasization process occured this early at any home presided over by the author of this blog.

Never.

Don't worry - - - I'll STILL keep them up well into January to preserve my tradition of being one of the LAST to take them down.

I believe in celebrating for the ENTIRE SEASON - - - which for me won't end until after the FBS National Championship Football Bowl on January 7.

Then I'll probably keep them up a week or two LONGER just to be sure I've gotten all the seasonal celebration out of my system.

None of this jerking down the Christmas decor on Christmas afternoon - or the day after - for me!!!
.


But THIS year, things are already gettin' quite festive 'round this little place.

Come on in and see!
.
.

As I get older, I find myself with less energy for seasonal decorating, but do still enjoy a little Noel flair around the house.

My solution?  A few well placed (I hope) items that shout "Merry Christmas."
.
.

A few months ago I found this little angel bell chime in the Shepherd's Loft.  Someone was giving it away and I snatched it RIGHT UP.

We had one nearly like this all the years I was growing up.  I have no idea what ever became of that one, but this will do very nicely to take its place, thank you very much!!!
.
.

Another angel hovers above the china hutch.
.
.

She is very refined to have had her beginnings as a brown paper bag and a styrofoam ball, don't'cha know?
.
.
Of course the "Kings" have taken a front row place of honor.

Never mind that there are still patio lights and a toppled lawn chair on the stoop.   We are NOTHING around here if not classy that way.

I blame Fisherhubby, putting those things away falls under MY heading of "Things for Fisherhubby to Do."

His headings and mine don't always coincide.
.
.
Now back to the "Kings" - - -
.
.

Here a King, there a King, (and a saucy little Christmas Kitty)
.
.

Everywhere a King King.
.
.

Some Christmas baubles and ornaments scattered here and there - - -
.
.

Grouped together in a chamber pot - - - a CHAMBER POT?!? - - -
.
.

Or hanging by a Christmas ribbon thread - - -
.
.

From windows real or faux,  help to make the season bright.
.
.

And in my home, featured in three prominent places, reminders of the Holy Birth which we celebrate at Christmas.

You'll be hearing more from me before the big day arrives, but just to get us started - - -

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!!

.
.

21 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the ornaments hanging in the window. I never have my blinds up high enough to do that here.

Tami said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I've slowly been decorating our home. I can't seem to find the time to get it all done in one day. Don't worry - it will be done by December 24th!

Tami said...

BTW: Your house is decorated very lovely for the holiday!!

LV said...

Thanks for letting us in your home for awhile. I like all you have done. I do not and will not have that much up. One of my sisters leaves hers up all year long.

Carol said...

Very festive...I am starting here soon.

nancygrayce said...

Bah.....my house is decorated too and now that it's up, I'm a little less bah humbug. In fact this is the absolute earliest we've ever been decorated.

I think we're about as classy as y'all.....maybe a bit less classy! I still have pool floats out on the patio! Sigh...

Love your Christmas house!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas chamber pot! I let my stuff up at LEAST until after Jan 6...Old Christmas!

Vidya Sury said...

Love the festivity and particularly that angel on the china hutch who started her life as a paper bag and a styrofoam ball! Very very refined!

I like the idea of strategic year around decor for festivals, and with the number of festivals we have in India, it is never out of place! :D

You have a beautiful home! Hugs, Keetha

podso said...

Maybe you decorated early because there seemed to be that extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas since TG came a week early. I like your ornaments hanging in the window, I have some like that hanging on a mirror, but I might like yours better ...

the girls appreciate "the reading" the other night! Thanks again!

Powdered Toast Man said...

If you keep your decor up year round than you will be the first and last to have it up. You can have it both ways.

Cathy said...

I love how you have placed your decorations around the house. I'm inspired now to get mine put out.

Erin said...

Very nice! I like the wreath on the patio door. Is it in place of a tree? Very clever! I have a lot of Christmas stuff, and every year I wonder WHY I have all that stuff. Especially when it comes time to put it away!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Had an angel bell chime years ago - not sure what happened to it. :-(

I have the same nativity set.

And I LOVE your "Kings"!!

We are usually among the first to get decorations up and the first to pack them back up. This year we were a little late since I had Ts the week of Thanksgiving and most of the week following.

42N said...

I see a bit of Wisconsin Badgers in your Christmas decor. What are your feelings about the coach moving on - just before the Rose Bowl. Im sure Coach Alvarez will do a great job. He has won three Rose Bowls!

Unknown said...

Love those ornaments in the window! And isn't it handy that your football piggy blends right into the red and green scheme!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all looks lovely. I'm moving a little slow this year but it will get done. I leave my decorations up until mid-January when I really enjoy them the most!

shannon i olson said...

looks wonderful and that sewing drawer cabinet is super cute! great idea.
I too decorate less and less, just little touches rather than overwhelming. Have any snow yet? Ours melted, more coming this weekend ;)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Cute decorations! I am getting little displays here and there in my home also!

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful treasures. Blogger Sweet Pepper Rose posted an interesting blog about her nutcrackers earlier this week.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Lovely nutcracker collection! I like how you have them dotted all over the house!

Keri said...

Everything looks beautiful, Mom! I really LOVE the ornaments hanging on ribbons. Good job! :)