Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Birthday Post - Take One!

.
They say it's my birthday!!!
.


I can post what I wanna!

They say it's my birthday, I can drag it out if I wanna!

And I wanna.
.
.
On Friday, after our wonderful professional "best there is" cleaning lady left, I noticed there was a small Christmas package under the chair.

WHERE WAS THAT HIDING? I wondered. 

I don't know - - - but the Cleaning Lady made it materialize from SOMEWHERE and low and behold, it had MY NAME on it.

I told Fisherhubby I was SAVING it 'til SUNDAY to open it on my Birthday.
.
.
I put it on the feet of the Biggest Baddest King so he could stab Fisherhubby with his scepter if FH tried to mess with it.

I thought it might be my ONLY present to open on my big day, and I wasn't taking ANY chances.

Did I think to tell you that SUNDAY was my birthday?
.
.
Just before dark on that same Friday, as I was putting down the throw rugs, I nearly JUMPED OUT OF MY SKIN when there was a loud knocking on the front door, right behind the very point where my "nether regions" were up in the air as I bent over to do the rug straightening.

I answered the door, and it was the FedEx man delivering a box with my name on it!!!

It was from my MIL Robin, and that made me REALLY excited 'cause she has the gift of perfect gift giving!!

I put IT beside the kings for further protection until the anniversary of my birth should arrive.

Did I mention my birthday was on SUNDAY?
.

The next day, Saturday, the FedEx man came AGAIN.  (You can read THAT fun tale at the end of this post.)

I piled my DeBrand box right up with the other packages in front of the Kings, 'cause I didn't want to open it until Sunday.  Did I mention my birthday was on SUNDAY?

The Kings felt this guarding thing might be getting a bit out of hand, but I didn't let them off the hook.  Fisherhubby requires A LOT of guarding to keep his itchy little fingers OUT of things.

Especially when one of those things says "DeBrand" right on the box! 

I already KNEW what DeBrand was, and it is a TREAT of the rarest and most decadent kind - - - but I'll make you wait a bit longer to find out about THAT.

I was pretty sure my DeBrand came from one of our two daughters, but at that point I wasn't sure which one.

I only knew I was mighty excited to get it!

And I could hardly wait until Sunday to OPEN it.  Did I mention my birthday was on SUNDAY?
.
.
Now let's back this birthday truck up a bit to Friday afternoon.

I stopped by my friend Eloise's (pronounced E-Lois-ez) house for a while on Friday afternoon.

She gave me a cup of coffee AND a birthday present which she "forced" me to open on the spot.

It was this bib.
.
.
Oh yes, I probably WILL wear it.  Maybe even out in public.  Maybe at a restaurant.

I can't be taken out in public.  I'm a mess and no two ways about it.

Eloise knows me well.

Too well methinks!

If you're old, and can't keep your dinner off the front of your clothes, a good long bib is pretty essential.

Don't laugh - - - you'll get old one day too, then where will you be if you laugh at me now?
.
.
Speaking of eating, we were speaking of eating weren't we?  Someone brought these WONDERFUL lemon bars to our church fellowship Sunday, and since "they said it was my birthday" she GAVE ME ALL THE LEFTOVERS.

Now, that was a "wunnerful" birthday surprise!
.
.
Of course Fisherhubby is a birthday gift to me all the time, not just last SUNDAY.  He brings life, and fun, and humor, and "antics" into our world every single day.

Oh - - - I kid you not - - - EVERY single day.

One day he MAY grow up past 14, but in the meantime he keeps me hopping.
.
.
We interrupt this birthday post to announce that the Clemson Tigers just BEAT the LSU Tigers in the Chick-fil-A bowl, 25-24.

Rah Rah Clemson!!! It's been a LONG TIME since you finished strong!!!
.

Now back to "They say it's My Birthday"

In case I forgot to tell you, my birthday was SUNDAY.

And on my birthday Nita Davis sent me THIS virtual birthday surprise.  It is awesome and I love it very much.

Now - - - if you want to know what ELSE happened on SUNDAY when it was my birthday, you'll just simply have to tune in to this same station at this same time TOMORROW, or whenever I manage to get "Birthday Post - Take Two" published.

In the meantime, while you wait, why not sing along with the Beatles?

THEY SAY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Did I manage to mention that my birthday WAS SUNDAY?

TTFN.
.

20 comments:

Jojo said...

I can't wait to celebrate with you! Happy birthday!!

KathyB. said...

Happy birthday belatedly. You really know how to enjoy your special day Keetha!Now if you do wear that bib in public, will you post a picture ? Please?

( your flock is on it's way to your place.. Baaaaa.)

Carol said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Happy Birthday blogger buddy! Boy you are a patient one, I would have ripped open all of those packages immediately!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a way to make the most of a birthday! I can't wait to see Take Two!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Well, Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like it was good!

ps I am writing from Illinois..you asked me in a comment on my blog!

Buttercup said...

Happy, happy birthday! I could use a bib, too, and if someone can find a Vanderbilt one I'd be a happy 62+. Wishes for a wonderful new year!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am singing along and laughing with you about the bib! I so drop food on my boobs all the time! You know I'm here when the gifts get opened (well you opened them already I assume since SUNDAY was your BIRTHDAY)! I'm excited and can't wait to see you gifts!
hugs, Linda

Barb said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you really cleaned up! By the way, I am counting on your Badgers to represent the Big Ten today!!! :D

Just Me'n Mine said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I really enjoyed your post. Happy Birthday, (Belated.) I am in central Alabama and would love to see some of that powdery, sugary snow! And since you like football...I cannot resist adding, Roll Tide!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Did you say your birthday was SUNDAY? Happy two-days-past-your-birthday-day to you! And Happy New Year!

Ann in the UP said...

Oh my gosh! Your birthday was Sunday?

Lemon bars, a Badger bib, and G Snot Broyles. Life is good. Hope it was a great birthday!

Keri said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles!

kyooty said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday! You are positively the cutest adult bib wearer I've ever seen!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the bib....that is too cute!

Claudya Martinez said...

You are awesome, I'm glad you were born, and I'm glad you got so many goodies.

42N said...

Birthday and the Beatles. It doesn't get any better. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Did you say SUNDAY was your birthday? Somehow I missed this post...looks like it was a party....I think your life is one fun party! Cute bib!

Vidya Sury said...

Sounds like a FUN birthday! Though how can wait and not open those packages ... is beyond me. I don't think I could wait like that! :D

I've heard the Beatles' song but never saw the video before!

I am just loving the photo of Mr.FH with the (golden?)ribbon!

God bless you, Keetha! Hugs!