Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Fraggin' In A Winter Wonderland

.
Winter will officially begin this week, so "these here" are legitimate wintertime frags.

If you have some weekly loose ends that need to be tied up into a neat little bundle, you will find a link at the bottom of this post which will take you over to Mrs. 4444's place where you will find all the frag linkin' you could ever want.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
    
A little bit of snow fell on Lake Wobegon this week.

Oh wait, this isn't Lake Wobegon - - - it's Wisconsin Rapids, but the snow fell on us anyway.

I am TICKLED PINK to have snow - - - I only wish it was MORE and that the temperatures were COLDER.
.
.
 * * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
  
Fisherhubby never did get around to doing my list of "put-aways."  So here lies an upside down lawn chair, a fire pit,  - - -
.
.

Another lawn chair, a patio table WITH umbrella, and even a couple of terra cotta pots (If you look closely enough you will find them) all blanketed with snow.

They are our snow gauges.

You gotta have snow gauges to give some depth perception and help you figure out how much snow you actually got.

These things are very important when you live on the frozen tundra.

What was I THINKIN' asking FH to put these very valuable snow gauge thingies away anywho???
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.

I had a brilliant brainstorm to add some flash and dash to my Christmas Bowl and Pitcher.   For YEARS I've been putting the greenery around its base and tucking the red candles in the white Moravian Stars back behind the greenery.

This year I decided to add some spun glass ornaments to the bowl.

I ran out to Wally's bright and shining world and came home with a package of ornaments that I thought would fill the bill, or should I say BOWL, nicely.

As I plunked the very first one in, I heard a slight shattering sound.

Oh yes I did.  I broke a tiny bit off of one of my brand new shiny bits and bobbles.

I think I've placed it so that the broken part doesn't show - - - can you see it?

Nope, neither can I.

But I still know it's there.

Sigh.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.

I went searching for a white gravy boat that I could use in all seasons.

This is all I could find - - - and it is green, red, and white.  Yes, I did feel it was necessary to sate the colors in case you couldn't see them for yourselves.

(Maybe some of you have red-green colorblindness.  It could happen.)

At first I was really disappointed that it was Christmassy.

Then it DAWNED on me - - - that's not Christmassy, that's cranberry-y!!!!

This is cranberry country - - - I WILL be able to use this gravy boat year around.

SCORE!
.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
  

Will you look at this goofy man I married?

We have a dining room table, a kitchen table (both with chairs I might add) AND he has his new old antique roll top desk.

And yet, he CHOOSES to work on his computer all bunched up inbetween the sofa and coffee table with his feet twisted into some pretzel shape beneath him.  (Unless he decides to kneel beside his bed to do it - that's his OTHER favorite computer pose.)

He piles his "stuff" including his coffee cup all up on my coffee table.

Oh, but LOOK!!  There are his reading glasses - - - one pair on his nose and one beside him.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
 
This is how I like the loveseat to look.
.
.
It happens to be one of the spots FH LOVES to drape himself.  (Obviously this photo was taken pre-Christmasizing.)
.
.

Sunday our great Dane came home from church with us and made a beeline for the loveseat, saying as he went, "This is MY spot when I come over here."

Thing of it is, whether it's Fisherhubby or Dane who piles onto the loveseat,  THIS is how it looks when he gets off:
.
.

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they are both only about eleven.  Eleven year old boys can't be EXPECTED to straighten up after themselves, can they?

Oh, and please do not be insulted FOR Fisherhubby that I said he was eleven.  He is very PROUD of his juvenile status.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
I had never before seen a Christmas tree formed out of books, then suddenly they began to pop up all over blogland this Christmas season.
.
   

The other day I walked into the teen section of the library and what to my wondering eyes should appear - - -
.
.

But a book Christmas tree with paper star on top and faux lights twirled all around.

Cool!
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.

This arrived in the mail today - a Christmas card from Nancygrayce.

Look how it's addressed.

Fisherhubby is famous in blogland and he's never even made his first post.

He must be REALLY lucky to be married to me.

;-)
.
  
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.


Some Christmas presents appeared under our Christmas tree wreath today.
.

And just look at that!  Even THEY are snow themed.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *  
.
. 
That does it for this week.
Thanks for joining me for these snowy frags.
Now, please hurry on over to Mrs. 4444's place 
And see more frozen frags on display.
.
.
.

Click this: Mrs 4444
.
.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you with all that snow!

Wayne W Smith said...

Wow, that was a naggin' fraggin'...
:-) Hope Heather doesn't get any ideas from this one. She could write a small novel.

podso said...

Very enjoyable post (of course) ... I'm always straightening up the couch; love the cranberry gravy boat; it's nice your husband is flexible enough to curl into that position for more than a second; I see the little creatures peeking behind the gravy boat; your pitcher and bowl look stunning; it's nice your fisherhubby left the chair out to allow for interesting snow sculptures; and wow to the book tree in your own library, not just blogland! And, sigh, it must be nice to be famous. At first I thought the address was just your name and town! Have a great, snow filled cozy weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

I'm glad that snow is with YOU! [after 50 years of harsh Colorado winters and highway closures and maniac drivers with their precious 4 wheel-drive vehicles]....having a great balmy, mild, winter suits me just fine.

And as for your comment left for me today...you said in more words than I...that "happy holidays" is for general purposes for when not knowing what is observed by whom.

Theresa said...

Fisherhubby is too cute:) Love seeing all of the snow but we don't get it too often down South! I will just enjoy yours! Have a blessed day and weekend, HUGS!

Anita Johnson said...

it would take me years to come up with all the things you have in this post...I'm jealous of your pretty snow! Your house looks so festive, your husband cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

We have a similar snow gauge in our backyard. It doubles as a patio table and chairs in the summertime.

LOVE your nutcrackers and it makes me want to go on a cracker shopping spree today. Wonder if I'm too late to find one! Must be on sale or it does not enter this house.

Enjoyed this post, Keetha!!


Erin said...

Can I have one comment per frag? ;) Are there lights shining under the snow? Or reflecting off something? Your snow is pretty! Think you'll have a white Christmas? I love the ornaments in a bowl - very pretty. The cranberry gravy bowl is very pretty for all seasons! I don't know how FH can sit like that! I'd be gimping around for hours if I did that for even a few minutes! He is quite "bendy." I am forever putting the pillows and such back on the couch the way they go. It's a losing battle. I like the book tree! I'm so glad you have guards besides your presents! They'll be safer that way. ;)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

We don't take in our patio table and chairs, so they serve double duty as snow gauges. Not that they get much use around here. Which brings me to the fact that I'm so, so jealous ... I want snow so bad. So very bad.

Barb said...

I wish we had snow! Lucky!

Totally love the bowl and I can't see anything chipped. But yeah, it would drive me nuts just knowing it was there!

Fisherhubby is hilarious and I love how the card was addressed.

Your home looks totally festive! And that book tree -- so cool.

LV said...

Your post always brighten my day. Love them. We need moisture here so badly, but you can keep all that snow. Take care and have a very blessed holiday season.

Tracy said...

That is quite the position for fisherhubby to be in to use his laptop. Hmmm, that could be a poster boy for the chiropractor.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your frags but my fav this week is the book tree in the library! CUTE!
hugs to you and fisherhubby!

linda

noexcuses said...

You make me want to move to WI!!! What a beautiful home you have made for your family. I love your decorations, and no, I couldn't find the broken bulb!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful and warm weekend!!

Pam said...

I too love the snow and the book tree. Just wondering what happens when someone wants to check out one of the books from the bottom of the tree! (Or are they all out of circulation?)

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea to make a tree of books. Love it!

Ann in the UP said...

Hi, Pal,
Good catching up with you by reading your fragments today. I love your winter treatment of the bowl and pitcher. Very pretty and Christmassy. We got our tree decorated tonight. I decorated and Good Guy cheered me on from the sidelines.

My heart is aching for the parents and families who have such a loss in CT.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

I enjoyed looking at all of your pics - can't decide if I like the beautiful bowl and pitcher, or the cheese head, or the snowmies gift bag - LOL, it all looks great. I wanted to get one of Wally's gravy boats but we're sold out down here, unless I get the chance to hop over to a neighboring city. Merry Christmas!

nancygrayce said...

Love that you have snow and love that we do NOT! It is beautiful.

Fisherhubby cracks me up with his computer desk!

The gravy boat is so pretty and I believe those could be cranberries...... Though I did first think they were holly berries. :)

Love your Christmas love seat, especially the throw.......I've always wanted one, so this year I ordered and got three.....as the superhero says one is just never enough for me!

When I saw the envelope, I thought that looks like my handwriting! Then I thought, oh, it is! When my husband saw it on the table ready to mail. He said Fisherhubby?? I said listen, Superhero.....we gotta call y'all something! :)

Vidya Sury said...

That snow is so pretty.
No, I can't see the broken part!
Love the gravy boat - and yes, I am colorblind :D
I often sit like that with my laptop too! :D
Your loveseat is beautiful!
Love the book-Christmas tree! What a grand idea! And very colorful too!

Your Friday Frags are a complete treat for me. I always find myself eager to come over and see!

Hugs and Merry Christmas!

Keri said...

I'm so jealous of your snow!

Too bad it will be moot this Friday when the world ends.

Don't ALL boys stop "aging" at 11???

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the snow pictures and your decorations with the bowl/pitcher looks awesome. Love the tree of books! Bought some cranberries to make your bread....