Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Christmas Madrigal for Sunday in My City

.
.

One crisp moonlit Friday night, Fisherhubby and I joined our friends Bill and Eloise (pronounced E-Lois) and headed to one of our local high schools to take in the Christmas Madrigal Dinner.
.
.

We were joined there by other friends,
.
.
Among them the grandparents, parents, and siblings of who for US was the "star" of the Madrigal.
.
.
"The Jester"

AKA:  Marcus.

Have you ever seen a more handsome Jester in your life?
.
.

While we waited for the festivities to begin, we read through the "Rules of Etyquette" which we found at our places.

I don't know for sure and for certain, but methinks perhaps our very own Jester, Marcus, had a nimble hand in helping to CREATE this list.

At least I can "hear" his voice throughout.

If you did not take the time to READ through and decipher this list - - - oh do go back and do so now.  They are "choiyce."

Soon it was time for the entertainments to begin.
.
.

The director (Mr. Plehn) directed.
.
.

The Jester jested - - - and greeted - - - and narrated - - - and acted.

He was one busy and talented Jester.
.
.
The long trumpeters trumpeted.
.
.
His Majesty's Dubious Thespians Thesped.

No, it is NOT a real word - - - go with it, O.K.?
.
.

As far as we were concerned, being his greatest fans and all, the Jester stole the show.

With a lot of help from his also very funny counterpart, "Pierrot."
.
.
Each and every "gueyst" received one of these designer dessert plates.

.
.
They were made from clay especially for the Madrigal by the oh-so-creative students in the Art Department at Nekoosa High School.

And all returned home better for having shared a little Renaissance Christmas Culture with his neighbor.


.
.
Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

Please hurry over to her place to see
What others are sharing of their cities.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
 .
.

27 comments:

StarTraci said...

He is without a doubt, the most handsome madrigal I have ever seen. And I do hope you obeyed those very strict rules and did not make a glutton of yourself or clean your nails with a knife at the table. (HAHA) And those plates are awesome -- what an event!
:-)
Traci

Wayne W Smith said...

That looks like it was a nice evening out.

Tara R. said...

A fine jester he was too. (LOVE the cap). The evening sounds like it was great fun. Congrats to the troupe. The title of the performance was hilarious.

Tami said...

How cool is that?? I would have loved to go to an event like this. The plates are a wonderful piece of art.

Jeanie said...

What a fun time of jesting and thesping....and a very handsome jester indeed.

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a great time! Have a Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

This looks like it was so much fun! That jester costume is awesome -- and I never would have guessed it was a dessert plate you posted on FF!

Karen Lakis said...

A very handsome jester, indeed! This looks like a very fun evening out!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh what fun!

hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I think it looked a fun evening. I like the table etiquette list. I frequently have trouble with #1 because I am always getting my hands dirty with gardening projects.

Pam said...

Marcus' jester garb is so awesome - please rush it down for Joe to wear as he jests this evening! What was happening in the one shoe on/one shoe off scene?

Love your take home dessert plates!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Marcus looks like a natural as the Jester.

Be well, Keetha. Enjoy the season.
xoRobyn

Keri said...

That is so fun!!!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW! It looks so fun, and my my what a handsome Jester.

Sonia said...

How fun! Love the costume! I remember those times at my son's school! Miss those special fun evenings!
Miss Bloomers

podso said...

I thought your clay thing was a teabag holder. Sounds like a fun evening. E-lois hasn't been featured in your posts for a while. :-) Have a good week!

Powdered Toast Man said...

I hired that Jester for a birthday party once. He owes me $57 for breaking a vase.

PAPS said...

That seems a nice celebration.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Erin said...

How very cool! I love the dessert plates - very nice!

MamaTim said...

handsome jester.. your smiling faces tell us what great time u had! Oo love the plates too..

Claudya Martinez said...

Jest wonderful! Jest the best jester ever!

Anonymous said...

What a party you had. Good idea to give plates like that, pretty.
ps. IF my future home will be true (now it's not, just a joke) I promise to ask all my bloggy friends for a (short) visit! :)

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Looks like a grand evening! Love the rules and especially the plates made by the students!! Cute jester, too!!

Traci Marie Wolf said...

I love the Jester. He looks very comfortable in that role. I swear it's really hard to read those rules of etYquette without an English accent. I'm glad to hear His Majesty's Dubious Thespians Thesped. There's nothing worse than thespians that refuse to thesp.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a fune evening and yest the Jester is very handsome!

Janet, said...

I like the jester, too. Hope you were able to obey all the rules.

Vidya Sury said...

That Jester is so very cute! :D