Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Lights in My City

.
'Tis the Season
.
 
When carolers line up on the stoop,
.
.

Wreaths festoon the portals,
.
.
Garlands bedeck the doors,
.
.

And strings of lights
.
.

Trace images on house and fence.
.
.

In our city, these lights can be seen reflected on the river.

Along the banks of the Mighty Wisconsin you will find:
.
.
Santa's Sleigh with Helper Elves,
.
.

A Tall Toy Soldier,
.
.
The Christmas Grist Mill,
.
.
Ice Fishermen 
(A portrait of Fisherhubby and fishing buddy)
.
.

Jack in the Box,
.
.

A Carriage pulled by High Stepping Prancers
.
.

And the Christmas Train packed with
Presents for all the good boys and girls.

Merry Christmas!!!
.
.
Joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in my City.

Please hurry over to her place to see
What others are sharing of their cities.

My city is Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
 .
.

21 comments:

Dorothy said...

Nice pics!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I do miss looking at Christmas Lights with snow on the ground! We don't get much of that here!

Vidya Sury said...

The photos are so very festive. I love them. Your commentary is very lyrical! It is all very pretty! Thank you for the delightful treat! Hugs!

Tami said...

I love to see a community celebrate with festive lights. Very pretty pictures!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful pictures...Love the house that has the fence and post light set against the darkness behind the house.....And snow on the ground...BRR....How wintery and mystical it all looks....
Thanks for always bring part of my past into view on the blog...Who would have ever thunk? LOL
Have a Blessed Christmas!!
Love from NC

Jojo said...

Thank you for stopping by, sharing your kind comment with understanding. We need these beautiful Christmas lights, especially this holiday season.

LV said...

The lights at night or so pretty and bright, but I do not drive at dark time.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Such pretty pics Keetha! Lights against the snow just can't be beat. We are losing our snow quickly here though.
Hoping for a little more for a white Christmas.
Hugs,
Cindy

podso said...

Pressing the like button.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful Christmas lights! I love to drive around and see them! Not so many around here :( hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

What a great invention - light!
Have a good week!

Sue McPeak said...

Believe It or Not we DO have WATER here in West Texas...The Concho River runs right through downtown San Angelo, and sports Christmas Light Decorations much like your Wisconsin Lake! So very pretty...all of your Christmas Light photos. Reminds me that it's nearly time for a ride around town to see the lights. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!!! Thanks for stopping by CITexas Gal.

Lisa said...

Simply awesome. Just like in movies.

Lori E said...

Looks like the town gets very involved in the Christmas light displays. The fisher hubby one is great.

Joanna Jenkins said...

It's been years since I've seen carolers like those! They used to be very popular a hundred years ago when I was a kid. That a nice surprise.
Happy SIMC and Merry Christmas,
xo jj

Martin LaBar said...

Some beautiful sights.

Thanks for your comment.

Blessed Christmas.

Claudya Martinez said...

I love all the lights, but the ones reflected in the water are pretty special.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are all so pretty. Love the choir, so retro!

nancygrayce said...

How pretty and wasn't it sweet of Fisherhubby to let them put lights all over him!

Beth said...

Hi Keetha, You captured some pretty lights! My favorite is the house with the long front porch, and the lights reflected on the river. Merry Christmas, Keetha!

Unknown said...

Christmas in your city has to be amazing! Pretty lights and decoration. I miss Christmas atmosphere. In Wisconsin is not snowing, is it? In my homecountry, we had snow in November but now we haven't, unfortunately.
Marry Chrismas!