Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Still Sky Watchin' After All These Years

.

I used to do a Sky Watch Friday post each week.
Then I thought perhaps people were getting
Just a little more than bored with that.
So I stopped cold turkey.

That is I stopped POSTING them cold turkey.
I find I am still obsessed with WATCHING the sky
And photographing the sky
And planning sky posts in my head.

So this week I'm giving in to
My skywatch obsession.
I'm back to posting Skywatch Friday.


This was the view
Through our family room window
One evening this week.
Simply stunning.

For two days this week we had
A February Hurricane
(As Number One Daughter called it)
Right here in north central Indiana.

It was scary.
The rain drained out of the sky
Like a waterfall.
The winds were so strong
They shook our house.
Literally.
I was afraid the window would shatter
And spray all over me as I TRIED
To sleep in my bed.


Then suddenly, late one afternoon,
The sea of clouds parted
So the children of Israel could cross on dry land.
(Ooooops - - - that's a different story)


The sea of clouds parted
So the rays of the setting sun
Could flood our world with light.



My camera
Can't quite capture the contrast


Of the light of sun rays



Against the backdrop of black clouds
Beyond the reach of those rays.



But I gave it the
Good ole College try.

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Skywatch! Bring it back!!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

:-)

Ah but Amy, you are probably my biggest fan - - - you seem to love EVERYTHING I blog about, and tyvm for that!!!!!

I'm trying to limit my sky pictures to those I simply cannot resist taking.

Keri said...

Those are great contrast pictures!

Hey...it's YOUR blog. Blog about whatever you want!! If you can't do what you want on your own blog, where CAN you???

Keetha Broyles said...

Hehehehehehehehehehe - - - I believe Haley said something like that in one of her blog posts recently.

True, true - - - -

But if we want people to COME to our blogs, don't we also want to do things on here to keep them coming????

Just wonderin'

Nancy said...

Hey, what happened to all that snow, and what is a February Hurricane ... in Indiana????

Keetha Broyles said...

A week of 50+ degree days happened to all that snow. Actually, we have about an inch newly on the ground this morning - - - it is wet and clingly and very beautiful. But since it's already 33 degrees, it will be gone before the day is over. This is Indiana - - - our snows tend to come and go.

It wasn't actually a hurricane - - - but the wind was blowing steadily at over 50 miles an hour with gusts up over 60 and the rain was deluging us so Keri called it a hurricane - - - and I must confess, I had thought the same thing.

Pam said...

Joe would like you to go out and rescue the "cat" that is in the tree in the moon thru the branches pic! That's my all time fav sky watch shot.

Keetha Broyles said...

Cat??? Does he think the crook of the branches looks like a cat?

Anonymous said...

i like these pics!!

Pam said...

Yep - I can see it too! Better check the house for Gomer.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hehehehehehe - - - Gomer is in here with us, and being clawless I doubt he could climb that high!!! It's really just the crook of the branches.

Julie said...

I like your pics! And I agree, it's your blog.

That storm/hurricane was SCARY-and in our area lasted all night and part of the next day. I don't want to repeat that anytime soon!