Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Our Lives are But a Series of Fragments

.
HA! How's that for "waxing philosophical" about Friday Fragments????


Good Friends and Good Food - What Could Be Better???


Sunday my bloggy friend Cindy, her hubby Dan, and their little granddaughter Addie came over from Black River Falls to meet us for lunch.


Cindy and I have been bloggy buddies since shortly after I started blogging - I'm guessing at least 5 years now.

Since I FORGOT to take any pictures on Sunday, I've scrounged these out of the old archives. Um, yah - - - you do know who you're dealing with over here, right???

After lunch Dan and Cindy came over to our little ole duplex home for a wee visit. Cindy looked around and said, "This is so cute! Why don't you show any of this on your blog?"

CUTE! She thought my nest was cute. I call that high praise.

Even though I think I HAVE shown most of my home on my blog already - - - Cindy said "sick 'em" to this bull dog, so WATCH OUT!


My Blogging Space


I have dubbed the second bedroom "My Computer Room."

So, when you look at my blog, should you ever decide to look at my blog, you can picture me sitting right at this desk blogging away.

Tonight the lovely late afternoon sun is coming in - - - and BLINDING me as I try to look at my computer screen, so I'm wearing a visor.

Yes, I most certainly am! A PINK visor that says Cedar Point on it!


China and Family Photos


I love this little washstand that was a hand-me-down from Sister Pam when she moved to Florida and decided it would NOT fit in her Florida decor.

It suits my eclecticity just fine!


I showed it to you at Christmas time all decked out in a pine garland and Moravian Star candle holders.

This is it's non-Christmas season look.


Which Came First?


You may recognize this little chicken and eggs combo from my header.


Recently I decided that since Easter was over it was time to put away the colorful eggs and - - -


Go with something more natural like these little bird eggs.

Now I must confess, I MISS the splash of color the Easter eggs provided. :-(



Tea Time


A few weeks ago I showed you some darlin' little Russian tea glasses that a missionary brought to our church.


It was "love at first sight" for me - - - and I determined I would get a set.


Last evening my friend, Connie, brought me a set of 6! Aren't they the cutest little things???

Thank you, Connie!!!


Iniquity or Antiquity?


A while back I saw this display in the South Wood County Historical Museum.


Clever boy that Phil to come up with this idea. Makes me chuckle every time.


Duck, Duck, GOOSE!


While I was out and about snapping pictures of the Wisconsin River for a new blog header (did you notice???) and to use in an upcoming post I caught these fowl playing duck, duck, goose!

I'm SURE they were playing duck, duck, goose 'cause the geese were here and over to the right under another tree were the ducks - shiny green-headed mallards.


A Book is a Passport to Other Worlds


Here is our public library where I spend my days ironing DVDs, checking in materials, shelving, doing room set up, making pots of coffee, scrubbing dishes, finding materials put on hold (pick list), and serving customers in the coffee shop.

It's a wonderful library and a great place to spend my days.


Lawn Gnome


If it's time to start mowing and - - -


Trimming, can summer be far behind?


For the Lazy Weeder


This is for moi - - - so I can sit and wheel up and down the driveway when I pull weeds, which I desperately need to do!

Maybe this toy will make weeding more fun so I will do it more often?

One can HOPE, can't one?


Mommy's Idea
Head on over to Mrs. 4444's place
And check out all the other Friday Fragments.

.

21 comments:

podso said...

I did notice the new header photo...spring !!! Nice frags!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

hahaha!
I saw Dan's pic in the dashboard and I thought what the heck is he doing there! hehe.
This is a super lovely post Keetha!
Your blogging room is really gorgeous and so are your antiques!
Looking forward to our next visit my dear,
Hugs,
Cindy

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I love the wash stand and the dresser and mirror in your computer room as well!

nancygrayce said...

Your new header is great! And that little wash stand? It would fit perfectly in my Florida decor! :)

I need one of those weeding seats. It kills my back and knees to weed, which may be why we have so many weeds!

Lisa said...

thank you for the tour of your cute nest and it is so lovely. And it is vey nice to be able to visit with blog buddies. I would love to do that.

And Keetha, you know Live High briefly when you visited my post Namibia twice, remember? Nice to meet you, again :)

Unknown said...

I love the new header. And the tour was great. I wish we had libraries in Honduras. But one day...

42N said...

That's a whole bunch of fragments. I noticed you dialed down showing off the football cave.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

I LOVE that you were blogging in a visor -- so great! I'm kinda thinking of trying that, not because
I have a sun issue where I blog but because it might make the whole experience feel more sporty!

Actingbalanced said...

Love the new header! It's great that you get together with blogging friends... I have a few IRL friends who also blog, but I'll be heading to my first blogging conference in June and meeting up with some longtime online friends... can't wait!

Karen and Gerard said...

Nice header! I agree, you have a very cute blogging room there. To keep the glare off the screen, you just get a lightweight sheet and put it over you head and the screen like a tent!

Your library job sounds like fun! We love going to the library!

Hootin Anni said...

Love the Lawn Gnome. hehehehehe
And I think you'll have to add another word to your abode description...besides 'cute'...how 'bout darling!!!?!! Love it all. I have an antique comode that I treasure. Will have to show it off someday.

And, as your comment on my post today is about taxes...if you'd see these streets in this city and the chuckholes, corrosion from water/hurricanes and such, you'd be GLAD to pay a license fee tax each year to get repairs done!! The cost of the automobile upkeep from hitting all this mess on the streets is costly too.

Wayne W Smith said...

I really like the duck duck goose pictures. That was a lot of fun. I am glad you can find fun watching the NFL draft. I just can not do it.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic post. I loved it all -- especially seeing your little corner of the world.

Ann in the UP said...

It was fun seeing your house again. I like the bright egg colors, too. And it's good seeing your lawn gnome. I know you SAY he lives there, but I've only caught a glimpse of him once in Hayward.

You are really on the ball to post your frags so quickly!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Great header darlin!!!

Oh ya got to sit down and pow~wow with Cindy...I saw over at her place. What a grand time ya'll must of had. I'm simply thrilled to pieces ya'll got to get together!!!

Your place is absolutely charmin' sweetie!!! It is cute!!! Don't argue with Miss Cindy!

I need me one of those neat seats...I've been crawlin' 'round on my hands and knees in my acre of flower gardens. It's a sight for sore eyes I tell ya! Heehehe!

God bless ya sweetie and have yourself a fantastic weekend!!! :o)

Sandy said...

Oh Keetha,
LOVE the WIS. RiveR photo...When I lived on the W. side of the river in ST. PT. I had to walk to school across the bridge in PT. In the winter it was FREEING cold and that was back when girls had to wear skirts or dresses...NO pant...my legs hurt today due to the cold...BRR, but the picture is fabulous in Spring an Summer and even Fall....
Love from NC

Rebecca Jo said...

I love that chicken!!! And your wash stand.

My desk is in front of a window too & I hate to get on my computer until after noon :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's Friday and you did your Fragments! Thanks for sharing your house and your friends. Love your little Black Jack thingy!

Tami said...

I keep forgetting to send you a picture of my rooster and cow baskets. Yours are adorable. I don't have eggs that I exchange out for the holidays. I will be going on a 'hunt' for new ones. ***get it, 'hunt' as in egg hunt** haha! I crack my self up!

Claudya Martinez said...

Weeding on wheels! I love it. Like the new header as well.

qandlequeen said...

That is a cute blogging office! I love your antiques!