Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm an Old Dog - - -

.

So Bogger, WHY are you trying to teach me new tricks????


This pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole new Blogger interface thing.

I was doing OK with it because I found the button I could click to "return to old Blogger interface," but for the last couple of days there's been a message up there on my dashboard that says, "Old Blogger interface will be removed in the coming month."

I was ignoring that message - - - hoping they didn't really mean it.

But today, when I tried to sign into my google account it said my blog had been deleted.

THAT got my attention.

No blog where there's been a blog since 2006??

Nope - - - couldn't find it ANYWHERE.

Well, obviously since you are reading this you know I jumped through their "hoops" to get my blog back - - - it only involved cutting off one arm, breaking one leg, selling my firstborn child (sorry Keri - - - there is a price to EVERYTHING you know ;-), and giving them my cell phone number so they could phone me with a verification code.

But now I am so frustrated I could chew a chunk of iron the size of New York City and spit ten thousand billion nails.

I've LOOKED at the new blogger interface.

I HATE it. I can't find my follow list on there ANYWHERE. It's complicated. It's all new. Maybe even a little bit shiny.

I like OLD. I like RUSTY. I like to stay in my comfort zone.

Who in tarnation decided the new interface was better anyway???? And what were they thinkin????

If they want to offer that "rot" to the world - - - go ahead and offer it. But PLEASE, leave us old dogs alone with the old tricks we already learned. We don't WANT any new tricks.

If I get down on my bloggy knees and GROVEL, do you think it will cause them to leave the old interface alone so we old woof woofs can still use it??? I have THREE MORE children I could sell - - - just kidding kiddos, mumzy still luvs you.

I'm desperate over here - - -

photo credit: prudhvijoshi.blogspot.com

Addendum for all you who are gasping that I would cut off an arm, break a leg, AND sell my children all for a blog - - - I wouldn't and I didn't - - - I only gave out my cell phone number. There, feel better now??? ;-)

.

22 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the stats page. Interesting that the second most visitors I've had have been from Russia. That just seems strange to me.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! It took me quite some time but I finally found the reading list by clicking on the MY BLOGS link on the top left of the dashboard. This new format is going to take a lot of adjusting too. Hope things get easier, for us both.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have been using the new format for some time now and I like it...sorry but I do! Still I also hate learning new stuff. Glad your blog came back and hey they may return that first born to you...blogger isn't all evil!

Trish said...

I agree Keetha!!! But of course...I am a creature of habit and say "If it ain't broke LEAVE IT ALONE!" As always you make me smile. Big hugs this Spring morning!!!

From the Kitchen said...

i'm getting used to the format and see improvement in some areas. i needed to clean up the blogs that i follow but can't figure out how to "stop following". glad to hear that the measures you had to take were less drastic than first stated.

b

Theresa said...

I am like Trish and a creature of habit:) It is beginning to be OK with me! I have had it for a week or so now and getting used to it! I think if they labeled some of the buttons differently on the dashboard, it would help! Keep at it 'ole dog, keep at it:) HUGS!

LV said...

I am in the same boat as you. I reverted back to the old way and now afraid I will lose it all since you did. I planned to try to learn it next week, but not sure I can. I may just have to give up blogging. I am too old for all this. If you find any good information, let me know.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Keetha, I jumped over from Cindy's blog. How nice that you all can meet in person! Cindy was one of the first blogger friends I met, but with her in Wisconsin and me in Forida,doubt that we will ever get to meet in person,but blogging is the best next thing!

shannon i olson said...

when I saw it was going to change I bit the bullet and went ahead and did it early. Can't say I love it but over the last month I have gotten more used to it. I am hoping once my internet is fixed I can do more with blogging and really catch on to everything the new interface does. Hang in there....no graveling seems to matter anywhere any more....the world just makes changes and then informs us. If they only asked us first...would be a much nicer place :)

Carol said...

I'm right there with you!

Laura S Reading said...

Life has been a bit hectic and I have not had time to work with it yet. When I saw everything had gone wonky I just shut it down and went to play elsewhere online. I wish when things are going well these hot shot designers and engineers could leave things alone, but you know we will all learn it just in time for someone to have a "brilliant" idea and mix it up again.

podso said...

Seems like there are a lot of changes going on this spring in blog. etc land. I've been on the new way for some time and don't mind it but don't love it. I do have my reader list, right below where you post. Is that what you mean that you have lost?

Horrors to losing the whole thing. Glad you got it back. Can't picture you spitting all those nails .. I don't think anyway!

Tami said...

I switched over long ago. It took me quite some time to figure it all out. If I couldn't I always could go back to the old interface. It sucks I don't have that option any more. Change is always hard, scary and sometimes unwanted.

Keri said...

It's not so bad! You'll get used to it and start to like it once you find your stats page, I bet. :)

Blog vs. children...priorities! HA

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's exactly what I said on Facebook about blogger! I don't want to learn a new trick! I just read that we won't be able to have our cute backgrounds either :( I hope that's not true. I'm mad.

nancygrayce said...

You know I agree! I just want to know how you even got to them to give them your cell number! I'm still managing to click back onto old blogger.....but like you it's probably coming soon. I can find nothing .....not my followers, not my edit posts....nothing! I hate it!!!! I protest!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Ok, now I am confused....I accidently "switched over" a few months ago, hated it, and clicked on that return button - Now I still have the good ol' fashioned interface - so does this mean that one day I might log on to find the new one?

Tammy said...

I'm with you...I elected to switch back to the old interface too....does that mean I will disappear? Gasp! I better take another look!

Unknown said...

I switched awhile ago and have gotten used to it. The blogging part is more user friendly I think but the other things always take some looking. my blog disappeared also. The first thing I did when I got it back was back it up!

Holly said...

Grrrr! I am *totally* with you. What in the world happened with Blogger?! I don't know about you, but I still don't know what I'm doing. I wrote my first post with the new interface and found that it automatically resized my image and when I sized it correctly, it looked all fuzzy. I will be an old woof woof along with you.

42N said...

I too am trying the new blogspot GUI. Like other free internet services look for ways to make it the new tool yours. On Facebook I absolutely hate, hate, hate timeline. It looks clunky and is really hard to follow lengthy posts. On a brighter note...glad that the Picnik folks offered a replacement called PicMonkey as an online photo editor. There I feel better now.

Anonymous said...

I'm like you...I hate when you get used to something, then they change it. I was scared when I saw the change and haven't blogged since. If mine disappears, I guess you can tell me how to get it back :)