Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sunday Favorites - I Heard it On NPR

.

It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites".


Got Spoons?
(First posted 1/25/08)



Under your pillow?




I kid you not!

Apparently students in the northeast believe that when a snow storm is being predicted if they will but sleep with a spoon under their pillow and wearing their pajamas inside out they will get a snow day the next day.

This according to a high school English teacher from Connecticut.

I heard it on NPR.

I for one had never previously heard this urban legend nor tried it. How about you? Sleep on any spoons lately? Or do you have ANOTHER ritual to bring on snow days?

.

8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL...I don't think any young person is that smart..or that dumb..are they? You would know! Come say hi sometime :D

Kristin - The Goat said...

Are you looking for snow up there?? I wonder if you put a fork under your pillow you all would get some summery weather?!!

Maggie said...

Sounds stranger than fiction, but does it work?
~Maggie~

Martin LaBar said...

Superstition is alive and well, it seems.

Happy Mother's Day!

Angie said...

What, even if they do this on Aug 15th? There will be snow?

Wow!

Wanda Lee said...

Now I think I've almost heard 'everything'!..,Hehe!

Also, please pop over for a visit sometime my dear..,

I must say this was an interesting post, thanks for re-posting it for dear Chari's 'Sunday Favorites'!..,

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Keetha...

Ohhh my goodness...no wonder that we never have many snow days...even though we live in snow country! I had never heard of the spoons under the pillow...shheeeshh...I will definitely share this little secret with our local students!!! Too cute, my friend! Thank you so much for sharing this tip...this could change our world as we know it! So happy to see you today for Sunday Favorites, Darlin'...great post!!!

I bet you're counting down the days till summer break, aren't you? Shouldn't be much longer for you! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day...mine was nice!

Have a fabulous week, Sweetie!
Chari @Happy To Design

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I think your spoons are too pretty to sleep on! And where's the picture of the inside-out-pajamas? Anyway, nice to know superstition lives on in the younger generation '>)