Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Badger Pasta

.

I've introduced you to my friend Janell several times on this blog. She is a fellow Wisconsinite who now makes her "burrow" in Indiana, just like I do. I am also privileged to have her sons as students.


From time to time, Janell shows up in my classroom bearing gifts. She brought me this warm fleece throw just after Christmas. Once she brought me Christmas card samples which ALL had Badgers on them.

When she sees something that screams "Wisconsin" - - - she thinks of me. She is just a GEM like that.

Well, yesterday she walked into my class room bearing these - - -


Two bags of "Badger Pasta." Seems her mom, who still lives in Wisconsin, ALSO thought of me (and I've never even MET her mom!) when a student came door-to-door selling these for a trip fundraiser.

Janell's mom came for a visit, brought the pasta, and Janell brought it to me!


I'm so excited about all the pasta salad I will make this summer with these adorable white and red University of Wisconsin "W's."

I don't even think I'll share.

Thank you, Janell!!! Thank you Janell's mom!!! One day I want to MEET you.

.

15 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

How cute and I know you will be having such a good time making pasta salad with those W's! Such good friends to think of you!

Julie Harward said...

That is so thoughtful...I love friends like that! Your pictures here are so cute! Come say hi, it was a special day at my blog! :D

Anonymous said...

Makes me miss my girlfriends who live far away.. Waaah. Ain't girly friends just the best!

Di

LV said...

What a special friend you have as well as her mom. Let me know when the pasta will be served - I love it.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Keetha,
From another Wisconsinite and former UW Madison student, I say go Badger Pasta Salad! You'll have to show us when you get some made up!
Happy Mothers Day too,
Cindy

Kristin - The Goat said...

I didn't think you cooked? hahahaaha!

Love the pink ladies and their bags of W's.

Jojo said...

That is the sweetest. Don't you just love thoughtful unexpected gestures!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She sounds like a wonderful person.
How sweet of her to bring you the pasta. It will look great in a summer salad. People can be so kind.
Happy Mother's Day

kyooty said...

What a great fundraising idea too.

J.J. said...

how fun will it be to make that pasta!!!!!!! I love your smile by the way. Makes me smile!

ain't for city gals said...

I don't think I would share either...have fun with them..doesn't take much for us does it??

Cindy said...

What a treasure! Another Wisconsinonianite!

Anonymous said...

I like to give and receive fun unique gifts - it's special both ways. No, i haven't posted anything new so no need to check :)

Angie said...

What a fab friend to have! Has her mum gone home again? You could do worse than make a friend out of her,

I can't find my blog said...

Save it to make a pasta salad on game day in the fall!

Happy Mother's day, friend!