Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Rerun - Fish Tale (or Tail You Decide)

.

I get sooooo excited about our bloggy Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting Sunday Favorites.



Can You Believe It???
(First posted 12/08/06)

I'm home alone again on a Friday night. Only THAT'S not the unbelievable part, the unbelievable part is WHY - - - - - - - -

I'm home alone because Sven and Ole, our two wannabe Norwegians, went NORTH two and a half hours on a two day FISHING spree. It was a whopping 9 degrees this morning, and then we had a HEAT wave and it hit 23 by late afternoon. I'm sure they are just sweating and sweating up on that lake in that boat. Oh wait, could they even GET the boat INTO the lake, or do you suppose they're using the boat as a snowmobile and gliding around on top of the ice??????

I don't know for sure cause they aren't answering their cell phones. I'm thinking their hands are probably FROZEN to their poles making them incapable of either answering OR calling, but not affecting their ability to pull in those fish.

Well, I used to think that only traits like hemophilia and male pattern baldness were found on the 'missing' leg of the Y chromosome, but now I'm pretty sure BRAINS are there too.

They'll come home swearing it wasn't cold and that they had a blast. I'll know the truth. They
are LYING that it wasn't cold and they had a blast alright - - - a blast of frigid arctic air.


As for me, I'm singing "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow" as I sit in my warm family room, under my fleece afghan, in front of my cozy fireplace, eating a spicy enchilada from Taco Bell and watching taped episodes of CSI Miami!!!!!

Later addendum for nonfishermen and their wives: The fish is a Muskie, which fishermen call "the fish of a thousand casts."

I guess they bite best in cold weather, at least that is when Sven and Ole have the most luck catching them.

The photo wasn't taken the same day that I wrote the story, but on the day it was taken Ole caught two just like the one pictured. That makes him "proud" as some fishermen have tried all their lives and have never caught even one.

.

10 comments:

KBeau said...

Didn't you know that all fishermen are liars.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You secretly had a lot more fun...
Brenda

Debby@Just Breathe said...

12/08/06 Can't believe the date of this post. You have been doing this for a very long time. No wonder you know all the tricks of the trade. Congratulations.

Lori E said...

Men. Whatever.
You obviously had a better time and were not frozen.
I was thinking that 23 isn't cold at all but then remembered you Americans don't use Celsius, but use Fahrenheit. 23 in Celsius is 76 degrees F.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I'm with you... I'd rather be under my nice cosy covers!

Anne said...

All fishermen ARE liars, EXCEPT genuine Norwegian ones -- like the ones in my family. I see nothing odd about wanting to fish in 9 degree weather. IS there any time when fishing is NOT a good idea?

Best lesson my grandmother taught all the women in the family... "Never learn how to clean fish! Make the men do it."

And by the way ... my ghosts are now asking for both food, AND wrinkle cream, thanks to you.

Sheesh.

Cass
PS Hahaha... the word verification is "aging" -- I am not making this up!

Cass @ That Old House said...

OH dang -- my daughter Anne was signed into Gmail when I wrote the comment above ... duh. I should really not do commenting late at night. I should not do much of anything late at night.

... Cass

Chandy said...

Keetha, you sense of humor is refreshing! I love this post! You know men don't know how to differentiate cold and hot when they're having fun! LOL

Love me some CSI Miami! Now though I can use some "cool" episodes of any show to cool down from this rather dry heat we're having here in North Texas!

Kristin - The Goat said...

My husband would complain about the cold - he wouldn't hold ANYTHING back LOL

That's quite a fish they caught though - cool!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Girlfriend...

So happy to visit with you again...even though we had a great time, it's soooo nice to be back home again! I have alot of catching up to do with all my blogging friends!

Wowzer...now that is a fish!!! I'm a tellin' ya though...you'd have to be an avid fisherman to go out in those kind of cold temps!!! I'm sure that is a "MAN" thing...hehe! I'm with you...move on over...share the afghan and taco, Girlfriend! Hehe!

Have a great week Sweetie!
Love ya,
Chari