Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vacation Friday-Frags on Saturday

.

Once again I am beyond late coming to the party.

I will NOT blame you if you don't visit my tardy offering.


* * * * * * * * * * *


We are vacationing on the northern reaches of the Wisconsin Frozen Tundra - way up in the northwoods where bears roam and moose can only dream of roaming.

Obviously, it is frozen up here no longer.


* * * * * * * * * * *


As we were leaving the cabin to head in town this mid-afternoon, I heard joyous squeals of teenagers and beheld this most inviting scene on the lake.

I did NOT swim out there to get their permission to post this photo, it is my sincere hope that you CANNOT identify them, I know I can't.


* * * * * * * * * * *


This is the shady lane over which we must traverse both going and coming to our cabin.

I feel the vacation vibes just looking at it.


* * * * * * * * * * *


I grieve over this little house each and every time I see it. Having lived in this self same small Northwoods Town as a child I remember drooling over this home, that to my little girl heart, seemed palatial at the time.

I loved it then and I still love it now. Look at that cute little eyebrow roof over the front stoop.

Someone needs to reclaim this house from the jungle and love life back into it.


* * * * * * * * * * *



We purchased a healthy supply of Costa Rican coffee beans from the Backroads Coffee Shop today.

Yum - - - I can't wait for a cup tomorrow morning.


* * * * * * * * * * *



Would you look at this teeny tiny baby moccasin??? I think I MIGHT be able to get my big toe in it.

Also - - - our grans call Fisherhubby Papoo, so I thought they'd get a kick out of a Pa-Poo-Shu.


* * * * * * * * * * *



I found some fun flip flops for the grans in town today. Don't they just scream "vacation" all gathered together like that?

They bring to mind a herd of cows huddled heads together on the frozen tundra - - -


* * * * * * * * * * *



And mama found some blingin' flip-flops for her OWN feet too. Two pairs for $5.

And, you can't beat THAT with a stick!!! Mama's happy, so EVERYBODY'S happy.


* * * * * * * * * * *


Mommy's Idea

Please head on over to Mrs. 4444's place
And check out all the Friday Fragments.

.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Two pair for 5 bucks!!! That's a steal! I am going to whine--it was 112 in our backyard today.....and the forecast for the next 5 days continues to be over 100. This is very unusual temps for us to have that high for that many days. Enjoy your balmy vacation! And thanks for not blocking my whining.....:)

Mrs4444 said...

You're funny. That thermometer looks familiar. I can hardly wait to take Kendall and her friends camping next week, when it's even hotter.

I made The Pioneer Woman's Iced Coffee yesterday. Normally, I just have one cup of hot coffee each morning. Today, I had THREE cups of iced coffee! Yum.

Enjoy your time in the woods :)

Ann in the UP said...

One thing reading comments does. It makes me mighty happy I'm not where the thermometer says 112 degrees. Oofda!

You're right about the road to your cottage------it is very inviting and we'll all be there by suppertime tomorrow. Catch fish, FH

Theresa said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Love driving around taking pictures:) and those teenagers are really enjoying the water!

Flip-flops are my shoe of choice ALL Summer! Love your sparkling ones!

Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You are on vacation so being late to the party is A-OK! I love the flip flops! Cute little baby moccasins! Have a great time Keetha!

hugs,
Linda

★Carol★ said...

I miss getting a new pair of moccasins every year from Tomahawk when I was little! Ever been there? And your tootsies are lookin' good, all blinged out. But aren't they getting eaten alive by the skeeters?!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the shady lane. The house does need some life to bring it back. It looks lovely. Love the fli-flops you bought the kids & those little moccasins are adorable.

Keri said...

They're gonna LOVE them! And Jason's going to appreciate the maize and blue for Mack. :)

Pam said...

Joe's comment as he was reading this post's title from across the room: "They had frogs on Saturday?"

Kristin - The Goat said...

You got yourself some new flip flops? Isn't that unusual for you?!!! LOL