Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Bed Hog Extraordinaire

.
It's Friday, which means I am joining Anna's "No Rules Linky" party over at Wit Behind the Ears. Click on over to enjoy all the Friday zaniness. BUT WAIT!!! Don't go YET - - - you forgot to read MY POST!

For YEARS I have told Fisherhubby that he is a bed hog.

Now I have PROOF:


Oh please, do NOT feel sorry for him about this picture. He is quite proud of his inconsiderate sleeping habits. And besides, I've told you BEFORE, I could not POSSIBLY catch up to him in pulling a fast one over the other. It could NEVER happen.

Back to the "proofs" in this picture:

First there is the most obvious - - - he LOVES to take his half right out of the middle. If I gently prod him with an elbow and tell him I don't have any room, he tells me I have as much room as he does.

Second, there are those pillows. He MUST have two pillows, one to sleep on and one to drive over my face as he sleeps. Hmmmmm, it appears that HERE he is sleeping on none and has TWO ready to suffocate me.

Third there is the thrashing. The man simply cannot lie still to sleep. He runs. He turns. He flops. He conducts a full orchestra and marches with a band - - - all at the same time. Sometimes I get sea sick.

And Fourth, there is the cover stealing. Oh, you can see it in this picture, can't you????? Someone is all bundled up in the warm cozy blankets and SOMEONE's place is coverless. The man would be just as happy if I NEVER made the bed and if he had his OWN way with the covers, he would PULL them out from the bottom of the bed and totally cocoon himself in them.

I have PLEADED with him to TRAIN himself to gently lift the cover before he turns so that I won't be suddenly subjected to a shot of frigid tundra air. He looks at me like I've lost my marbles and says, "But I'm SLEEPING, how am I supposed to know what I'm doing?" "Well," I reply, "I am aware of it when I turn and I gently lift the covers so as to NOT disturb you.

I guess I'm just a considerate sleeper that way.

The other day, Fisherhubby paused the TV and hollered for me to come. When I got there, he played this commercial for me and asked if this is how HE sleeps:




Ya Think???

.

22 comments:

Anke said...

That is too funny... My hubby does a lot of thrashing around, too - that's also why we have separate blankets!

TS Hendrik said...

It's like the picture was taken from the commercial. haha

BETHANY said...

Too funny! Of course, it's funny because it's happening to you. If that was my husband and bed, then it would be infuriatint. :)

shannon i olson said...

oh how funny!!! I feel ya and I am showing this to my husband and threatening him with it because I think our men are related!! All the same stuff only add one more pillow and a cpap machine blowing with gale force wind in my face! silly boys!! Great stuff Keetha! good morning laugh

Anonymous said...

Fisherhubby has a twin (seperated at birth) here at 8,000'.
'Nuff said............

Jan
xoxox

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Funny Keetha!
I have a hubby who is a cover hog too and I don't know how to break him!
When we met he told me he only needs covers when it's like 40 below 0. Aha, he lies!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Divine Theatre said...

I understand. We have a king size bed and I am still forced into the upper left hand quadrant, along with four cats who tuck themselves into all my bendy places. As a matter of fact, my husband's Indian name translates to "One who steals the blankets"! No lie.

Anonymous said...

this is to funny!

Ann in the UP said...

Hold on one dang minute! I'm here in defense of blanket hogs. I must turn in the same direction all night long and end up with more than my share. What can I say? I'm asleep! And I don't crowd GoodGuy, he just sleeps on the edge of the bed. When I get up I push him to the center of the bed. (I walk around to his side first.)

Jessica said...

Hilarious, but I guess I am laughing at myself because I am the beg hoggin' cover stealer at my house.

42N said...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can relate! Sleeping precariously perched on the edge of the bed can be a struggle. I'm guilty of blanket hogging though... You should get some pillows of your own and fight back!

Vintage Market Place said...

oooo, I am afraid that this is me, (covers head from flying pillow)
My husband is the one who complains about me and my son has my sleeping habits so now he has two of us to push him out of bed.
That commercial is priceless!!!

And with your cold weather climate you need all the blanket you can get.
My advice hide extra blankets under your side of the bed for the middle of the night, :)

Jen said...

Ha! I guess my husband and I are paired quite well ... I thrash around but HE hogs the covers! I'm currently campaigning for a king-size bed. :)

lilmomma said...

Oh, I feel your pain! My dear hubby sleeps with a whopping (get ready for this) SEVEN pillows! I wake quite often to my little pillows on the floor and one or more of his attacking me in the middle of the night! And he does the "beached fish" in his sleep as well. So I feel your pain...

lvroftiques said...

I can't help but chuckle Keetha! Yeppers I must concur your hubby IS a bed hog! BUT you didn't mention that he snores?....Mine does! And it's enough to make me lose my mind! (what little there is)So consider yourself lucky! hahaha! Vanna

ain't for city gals said...

I have to admit...I'm the thrasher. Larry is just out when he sleeps...makes me so mad that someone can sleep like that! We did stay overnight in a hotel last weekend with a king size bed...kind of nice but we couldn't find each other....lol

Contemplating Cadie said...

"one to sleep on and one to drive over my face"

Ah ha ha ha ha!

We finally broke down and got a king sized bed, and for the longest time (and I can totally confess this to you, because I think when it came down to it, you'd choose practical of pretty) I made our big bed with one bottom sheet (of course) but doubled up on everything that went on top. We each had our own blankets etc. Mama Cow has settled down in his sleep a lot over the years.He still yells at his hired hands, but other than that, he's learned some manners over the years. Fisherhubby, though? If he hasn't by now, you're probably sunk.

NotaSupermom said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
Oh my goodness, the picture is hilarious!
Your husband is a good sport. Mine was miffed over my Angry Bird story.

Erin said...

Oh my stars. This is the funniest post ever! I'm accused of being the one who takes my half out of the middle - of a king sized bed! I can't deny it.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I think the funniest part of all this is finding out that Annie in the UP is the blanket hog and she pushed GG to the center of the bed each morning LOL

I do however, love, love, love, that you diagrammed the evidence LOL

The one with the shoes said...

hahahaha you sound like chris because I am always hogging the bed and blankets!! funny!