Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

TBT - Throw Back Thursday


I've been out of blogging too long to know if TBT, throw back Thursday, is a meme that is a "thing"  here or not.  I'm gonna make it a "thing" today anyway.

On the last Thursday in May Fisherhubby and I set out on a wee adventure - the end goal of which was a new fishing pole for one of us.


It was a gorgeous sunny day as we drove through the heart of Wisconsin Dairyland.


We succumbed to the temptation to stop at roadside venues like this - and purchased a log cabin bird feeder for our back yard.


 
We even pulled into the Wisconsin Concrete Park where we moseyed amongst the whimsical creations and the gift shop.

We had barely been back in the car when disaster, in the form of another car suddenly crossing our path, struck.

I only had time to think "so this is what death is" before the soundless slow motion grinding of impact occured.  



Somehow both of us survived - death was cheated that day.

Fisherhubby was able to walk away unscathed but for a pinprick on his thumb.  I, on the other hand, had to be cut from the car by the jaws of life and ambulanced to the ER.


The force of the impact was enough to bend my zipper pull into this L.

Fisherhubby wants me to throw those capris away - but I have chosen to keep them as a reminder of God's grace and protection.

We are grateful.


Obviously my shiny red Durango was totalled and had to be replaced.

After our ordeal my number one requirement for the replacement: a substantial front end.  I don’t see how anyone driving a small compact car could survive that impact.

We shopped locally and found this cute Buick Rendezvous - new only to us.  I am very happy driving it.


Of course Fisherhubby could not STAND driving his old rusty bucket of nails truck with me having a new(ish) car.  Within a month he upgraded to this Ram.

As luck would have it, our life jarring wreck occured just minutes from the fishing pole factory destination, the ER to which I was transported a mere three miles away.

However,  Fisherhubby has yet to get that fishing pole.


9 comments:

Terra said...

Your post started out so peaceful and blissful with the pretty red barn and your purchase of the bird feeder. Then, yikes, the accident, your car totalled. Are you fully recovered? Your new car looks like a good choice with a big front for protection. God is good to save you two!

podso said...

That's quite a story and not that long ago. Glad you are ok and still have your sense of humor.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness! Keetha! I'm so glad that you're both okay! How awfully scary!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is just so good to see you back in blogland Keetha! Scary accident but God is a great protector! I hope you will share your Football Fever with us this year!
hugs,
Linda

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I'm s glad to hear from you and thankful that you are still alive! That must have been frightening being cut out of the car! You didn't say what your injuries were, but I guess not bad enough to keep you down long!

Cathy said...

Wow! I must say, I did not expect that twist. I love the beautiful red barn in the first picture so much.

So glad you both are okay and, I hope, fully recovered. I hope one of you get that new fishing pole soon.

Anita Johnson said...

I had somehow lost track of your blog...WOW...I missed quite a bit! So glad you are OK!

Martin LaBar said...

Whoa. Thanks to God you are OK.

42N said...

Keetha! Oh no. I'm glad you and your angler husband are ok.