Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

If Wishes Were Horses Then Beggers Would Ride

.
 I really wish I could give this story a different ending.

On the 4th of July I went to a big family picnic at my cousin Chuck's (on the left)  farm.  Lots of once-removed, second, and shirt-tail cousins were there.   I thoroughly enjoyed reconnecting & even meeting cousins I'd never met before.

Just before I left to drive the hour and a half home my cousin Bud appeared.  (center)  Bud & I had met as kids but I hadn't seen him since high school.

We quickly caught up.  He told me he had stumbled across my blog & had gone all the way through the archives reading it.  He said he wished I'd make more posts.

I  begged him to let me take this picture, he consented only on the condition that I not put it on my blog.  Then we promised to get our families together again soon & said good-bye.

Last week Cousin Loretta (right) phoned to tell me that Bud's wife came home on September second and found him lying in the yard - dead.

Oh Bud, how I wish I could undo this.  How I wish we could roll the clock back and meet for dinner like we promised we would.  You left us too soon. .

I also hope when you look down from Heaven, where I have no doubt you are, you will forgive me for posting your picture and story.


At Bud's visitation I was able to reconnect with these second cousins (siblings with their mom) whom I have not seen for years.


And I also got to visit with Second Cousin Mary Jo whom I met for the first time on July 4th.

I think the moral of this tale is - don't waste time.  Make time to embrace those whom you love.  Cherish time spent with them.

Because I'd rather be a begger walking than a bunch of wishes riding.


5 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I had been thinking about you all morning and wondering why---so checked on The Eclectic Company.

I am so sorry about your cousin's death. It surely does make us think about making and keeping those connections intact!

My sister and I are going up the road to connect with an old friend of my mom's who let us know that she'd be around over the weekend. It will be so good to see her. Old friends, new friends, they're all good.

Love from the UP.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So sorry for your loss. Glad to know you are OK and I understand the blogging lapse!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Lovely to see you here today!!!!
I am so sorry to hear about Bud. My prayers are with all of you who loved him and knew him. We need this reminder everyday to keep us aware of how short life is. (I thought I was going to meet my maker last Friday) Take care and God Bless.

Charlotte said...

Sorry for your loss. I too have cousins that I haven't seen in years. Hope you are doing well. I've missed you!

Erin said...

I wish the story had a different ending too. :( I'm sorry to hear about Bud. But I'm glad to hear from you!