I had an e-mail this morning from my kindred spirit friend, Betsy, asking me that all important question - - -
"Keetha, what are you doing with your time now that football season is over????"
Vital question since we ALL know that I spend copious amounts of time during football season doing a lot of this.
And as if just WATCHING football isn't enough, I've got that whole self-created, self-"commished" College Football Pick 'Em game that I orchestrate each week of the college season - as manifest by my "bookie book" beside my elbow.
Which does bring up ONE very important fact - - - for me it's all about COLLEGE football, so MY season has been over since January 10th when the National Title game was won by the Auburn Tigers, or are they War Eagles??? (If you can answer THAT question you are a sports genius.)
I was sooooo glad Betsy asked - - - as I was groveling around in the DIRT trying to come up with a blog post for today and her question INSPIRED ME!!!
So, without further ado, here's what KEETHA does without College football - - - - get a box of kleenex ready, it's pretty pitiful.
1) Well we WERE xc-skiing, but the shocking HEAT WAVE we've been experiencing (temperatures between 35 and 50) has knocked us out of that - - - can't ski on ice crystals from melting and refreezing snow - - - not to mention by the end of the week we shall PROBABLY be snowless.
2) So - - - I'm spending more time on my computer blogging and e-mailing.
3) I'm spending time in very constructive worry over the Birkebeiner which REQUIRES snow. It is SUPPOSED to take place next weekend in Hayward and THEY are even warmer and shall be even MORE snowless by then than we are here. And we all know HOW VERY PRODUCTIVE worry is - - -
4) I'm cooking and cleaning and "redding" up the kitchen. (Redd - - - that's a good Indiana word)
5) Laundry consumes at least a few hours each week.
6) I continue to teach my KIDD's class of 4th -6th graders at church on Wednesday evenings.
7) I watch sports shows on TV - - -where I saw some soccer "dude" (Can't think of his name right now, but it started with an "R" and I think it MIGHT have been Wayne Rooney) making a bicycle kick goal in the soccer "whatever" that is currently in progress. (If the World Cup is only once every four years, what in tarnation are they having NOW?)
And while this most certainly IS a picture of Wayne Rooney, it most certainly IS NOT of a bicycle kick, but just a plain old ordinary soccer kick.
8) Fishserhubby and I watch some taped crime solving shows in the evenings, because we have sooooo many crimes to solve in our real lives.
9) And last but CERTAINLY not least - - - I make up and blog about silly lists.
And oh my dear bloggy buddies - - - I WOULD watch and rewatch DVRed games of the Badgers beating the Buckeyes and the Wolverines - - - if only I HAD DVRed those games - - - but the games I DVRed were casualties of our recent move, so I am totally destitute and football cheerless.
And THAT is when you will find yourself needing those kleenex to wipe your leaking eyes.