Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Envy

.
I'm coming out of the closet.

I'm admitting it - - - - I've been having pumpkin patch envy.

So many of my blog buddies have posted pumpkin patch pictures with their smiling babies surrounded by all that lovely fall color. I don't quite know how it happened, but I never took ANY of my babies to a pumpkin patch!!! And even if I had, there wasn't an internet then so I couldn't possibly have blogged about it.

I've been grieving over this loss for several blogging years.


Then, on the way home from South Bend, the solution presented itself. We stopped at a Farmer's Market replete with plenty of pumpkins. I began to shoot pictures right and left.

But still, it just wasn't the same - - - no smiling BABIES patting pumpkins with their chubby little hands.

So I drafted a baby on the spot.


One of my nonbiological daughters, Shelli. (Aside - you know you're old when nearly all your peer teachers are the age of your children.) She's even patting a pumpkin - - - though her hands are far from chubby.


And just look at the JOY and EXCITEMENT in her little face as she tries to choose her favorite!

Maybe another day it will be one, or all of my own children, or better yet my grandchildren, or best case scenario my children AND my grandchildren, but for now I have had my pumpkin patch experience.

Ahhhhhhh I think I've arrived.


And as for fall colors - - - there were apples in red, yellow, and green . . .


And peaches - - - I know this isn't Georgia, but here are the peaches anyway.


And gorgeous Indiana tomatoes - - - for all you southern gals, these are maters, lovely, juicy, red maters. (Give me a couple slices of white bread and mayo and we'll have us a san'wich!!)


And Indian corn, gourds and miniature pumpkins.


And last but not least, a flying school bus.
.

14 comments:

nancygrayce said...

The problem is that when our kids were little.....

a. the whole pumpkin patch thing hadn't started.

b. we only had one car and it had to go to work every day, leaving mama and babies at home.

c. we probably couldn't afford the film to take the pictures!

I love the ones you have now!

Keetha Broyles said...

You are RIGHT about the pumpkin patch thing hadn't started yet then. I'll use THAT excuse.

I did have a car at home with my babies, so can't use that one.

I also like the couldn't afford the film one - - - and we all KNOW digital didn't yet exist.

Thanks - - - all in all you make me feel a lot less like a failure as a mother!!!!

Char said...

For the bounty of the earth
For the joy of laughing eyes
For the season filled with mirth
For the scent of pumpkin pies
Lord our God to thee we raise
This our song of grateful praise

Keetha Broyles said...

Ahhhhhh-men!

Anonymous said...

I think I have giped myself out of a childhood memory... I was afraid of pumpkins after seeing the Disney cartoon of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. ;P maybe when I have kids of my own.... :)

av

Toevs said...

What a cute baby. :-) Yes, I'm talking 'bout you, Shelli!

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for the comment, AV - - - but I can't figure you out by your initials!!! Won't you help me? That cartoon was our youngest' favorite for a long time.

Yes, Ronda - - - she is a cutie, isn't she!?!

Anonymous said...

Now if I can just get "mom" to buy me a Christmas present!!?? :)
scr

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - it's Christmas presents that you want, is it!?! Just you WAIT and see what kind I find!!!

Gerson & Betsy said...

One of the joys about being back is being here during the FALL!!! I can't wait to see the leaves change.

By the way, Keetha, my parents have pictures of ME in a pumpkin patch with my brother and cousin! I didn't realize it was a tradition with so many people. :) I thought it was just my family!

Keetha said...

Nothing says fall like a flying school bus. :-)

I love your farmer's market photos.

Keetha Broyles said...

Betsy - - - you should POST your pictures of the pumpkin patch on YOUR blog!!!

Hehehehehehe Keetha, ain't THAT the truth!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Keetha!
This is Mark Atkinson.
Blasts from the past are fun.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hi Mark - - - nice to hear from you. Wish you had a blog. At least, there's no link with your name.