Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lampson Barn Charm

.

Ever been to Lampson???

Lampson, Wisconsin that is.

I'll be far more surprised if you've heard of it than if you haven't, even if you too hale from this Dairy State.

When you pass through Lampson, you'd better not blink or you'll miss it.

In Lampson you'll find a house or two, an old closed down one room school house, a church, a couple of bars (this is Wisconsin, after all!) and this red barn:


Still a beauty even now that the "city limits" have encroached upon it.

You see it there, sitting right next to the Lampson Bar and right across the street from the Lampson Mall:



Sometimes purported to be the largest Maul in America.

Oh, and lest you are corn-fused, I took these pictures in mid July and NOT while we are frozen up during the winter months.

Well, USUALLY we are frozen up during the winter months - - - but not THIS year! Why, we barely have enough snow on the ground to keep the field mice warm!!!


Linking today with "Barn Charm"
Please click over to Bluff Area Daily

To enjoy all the Barn Charm posts.

.

20 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I won't disappoint....haven't heard of Lampson.....but love the barn. Wonder if anyone wanders over from the bar to sleep it off?? Love, love, love the Maul! :)

shannon i olson said...

you have such a wonderful land there in Wisconsin that maul looks kinda like a judge's gavel...perhaps to remind them folks at the bar not to get out a hand!

genie said...

Nice maul and a really nice barn...a city barn! It looks to be in pristine condition and with cars around it. I am surprised it is not covered in snow. I thought you all were covered in snow all winter long. genie

Anonymous said...

LoL! Looks like a beautiful barn, esp in all that green!

Thanks for joining =)

Reva said...

I know I haven't been around to visit in FOREVER... but I see that you are doing well and are still taking some really cool pictures.

You live in a really beautiful area and the red barn is so Old American, I love it.

Hoping to get back into the groove here in blog land. Nice to visit.

Carol said...

I can tell its a beauty even with that little peek. Red barns really are showy. Never been to Wisconsin...

Judy said...

I've not been to Lampson Wisconsin or even heard of it. It's like that around here as well with some towns.

Rose said...

Love that giant maul! That red barn looks well taken care of, also.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I've been to Wisconsin but never heard of Lampson. For such a little town they have some interesting things, like a great red barn and a big blue maul.

Anonymous said...

Shame that the town encroached on the barn. But I love the "maul"!

Anonymous said...

The "city limits" have encroached upon a lot of barns in Kansas City too. Love the shape of this charming Lampson barn's roof!

Suburban Girl said...

That maul is pretty interesting. I wonder if anyone can actually lift it!

Nancy said...

You make me smile. That looks like a really nice barn. Thanks for visiting my barn blahg.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Nice red barn! Red barns are a favorite of mine. The largest maul is interesting!

Margaret said...

blink... ha ha.

Elaine said...

I had not heard of Lampson before, but I'll remember it now because of the lovely red barn and the big blue maul.

Anonymous said...

It's a great barn BUT I really love the maul!!!

Anonymous said...

Charming little red barn! The green grass is very charming this morning too.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, what a great barn. i love the sloped roof. (:

Carole said...

Neat looking barn. :-)

You had asked me if there was a reason for the 'list' overlay on my photo. No reason, I just wanted to play with the image and add some interest to it. The list is vintage ledger paper.