Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Reruns - B's Knees

.

It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites".


All I Could Do
(First posted on 5/24/08)

When our four children were young, we lived in a small three bedroom ranch style house. When I felt overwhelmed by the enormous task that was mine as a wife and mother, I would "escape" to the privacy of my bedroom, kneel at my bedside and pour out my heart to our Father.


Moments after withdrawing to the quiet of my room, I would hear little voices in
the other parts of the house saying, "Where's mom?!?" Next would come the patter of small feet in the hallway, the creaking of my bedroom door being opened then quickly reclosed, and one small voice announcing to the others, "She's in there crying and praying again."

It was all I could do.

Last night as I sat in a row with all the other teachers at our high school Baccalaureate service, my heart was very moved and tears began streaming down my face while my heart cried out to the Father. I was crying and praying.

It was all I could do.

Then I realized, it is not simply all I can do - - - it is in fact, the MOST I can do.

.

4 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Indeed, it's the most we can ever do. Why do we have to be at our wits' end to utilize it?

Anonymous said...

wow, i love Ann in the UP comment .. why is that? anyway, love the post - I have cried many tears as a mom - still do - my tears shed anytime I am stressed - when it comes to emotional hurts, I'm a brick - hmmmm, I wonder how a psychiatrist would dissect that LOL.

Angie said...

I have always been a great believer in the therapeutic powers of a good cry, and I think it does your kids no harm at all to know mummy cries too sometimes, I don't remember ever seeing my mum cry, She must have sometimes.

I cried this evening when Soain won the World cup, not because I give a fig for the World Cup, it was the sight of all these grown men blubbering their hearts out! See, I don't even need a good reason...............

Kristin - The Goat said...

What a great memory and what a great line - crying and praying. Kids can really cut right to the heart of the matter with such ease sometimes. It's lovely that you remembered it.

Kristin - The Goat