Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh the Badgerness of it All!!!

.

Yesterday my friend, students' parent, and fellow Wisconsinite - Janell, brought me this:


She tied it with her own little hands - - - well except the two ends which she had her sons, my students, tie.

Just LOOK at that color!

Just LOOK at those icons!!!!

This blankie is enough to bring a smile to ANY Badger face and a warm glow to ANY Badger heart.

I brought my new blankie home, and found it a comfy resting place.


I even took it for a test drive - - - I was snoring peacefully in just a few minutes!

Can you see my Turd Furgeson fishy pillow? Here, let me HELP you - - -


Ah, my FIRST experience with writing on top of pictures. Hey - - - don't judge - - - I just figured out how to do it THIS MORNING!!!!

Thank you Janell, Kyle, and Kevin.!!!! This blankie is THE BOMB!!!!

19 comments:

KBeau said...

Okay, my eyes are getting old. Is that pillow shaped like a fish? Your new blankie is so cute.

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes ma'am - - - a great big ole trout! Our children affectionately named him "Turd Furgeson"

nancygrayce said...

Hey, I still don't know how to write over a picture! How sweet of your friend and her boys!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Do share your writing on top of pictures wisdom!! Being a Nebraska fan, I've always loved the color red. Sometimes if I squint hard enough I can turn those little W's into N's - but that badger can never be a Husky the Cornhusker LOL

Awww, I'm picking on you - I love the blanket - LOVE IT! and it looks great on you.

britt said...

umm excuse me, where is my favorite chair?! it looks as though your recliner has taken its place...

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK...NO I MEAN HAPPY RED BADGER DAY KEETHA,
ISN'T IT SUCH A WONDERFUL FEELING WHEN YOU GET YOUR SOCKS KNOCKED OFF BY SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GIFT
YOU DESERVE IT FUNNY LADY
I WANTED TO ASK IF YOU WERE GOING TO COSTA RICA ON A MISSION TRIP OR A VACATION......I LOVE THE HGTV SHOW HOUSE HUNTERS AND HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL AND THEY VISIT COSTA RICA OFTEN....A LOT OF AMERICANS ARE MOVING THERE
I WISH I COULD GET YOU TO SEND ME A POST CARD FROM THERE
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a nice gift, Keetha. You look very comfortable and ready to hibernate :-). I love your blog and will be back often. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Really nice gift. You look snug as a bug!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I guess a few of us are waiting for a "writing on photos" tutorial!! Cute blankie!

Susie's country cottage said...

I love that picture of you on your reclining chair with your new blankie!! It is heartwarming to see that US people are as bonkers about football as we in the UK are about...well our kind of football!!

Tonja said...

Keetha,
What IS a badger? I kinda think of a racoon. But, of course, I may be wrong. It has happened before.

Have you seen that commercial for eye glasses that shows the woman calling her kitty, but letting a racoon in the door?

Well, it's really a nice gift. And, I am totally impressed that you can write on pictures.

groovyoldlady said...

Niiiice! Years ago I made my hubby a wool applique KC Chiefs blanket. It is beautiful, but it was so much work tht it was my first, last, and only attempt at sport memorobilia (sp?)!

Anke said...

What a great gift! Gotta love the color... Writing on pictures, how in the world did you do that?

ClassyChassy said...

Sure looks nice and warm!!! Never made a blanket like that, but I hear it isn't too difficult!

Ann in the UP said...

Well, aren't you the most blessed friend EVER! What a cool gift for a Badger Fan. I hope my son doesn't see it, or I'm off to the polar fleece store in a hurry.

A in the U P.

kyooty said...

I wonder if I should get me some students?
Lovely gifts! :)I like that they are thought full vs "rush out and get something! for the teacher"

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey there Keetha, my little Badger buddy friend! Cute blankie! my son and dil both graduated from UW Madison, so I say go BADGERS! Hey, did I ever tell you I saw a real life
Badger last summer? He strolled right by me while I was sitting out on our patio! I about had a heart attack! Hugs and Happy Badger Days, Cindy

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

You KNOW I love the leapord print snuggie,,,,,but that red suits you better!

Paula@SweetPea said...

We have a blanket exactly like yours!