Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Extreme Sastrugi


Of the South Pole kind - - -

I had to google for these South Pole Sastrugi

And I found all of these first

Four photos at

And this one at

Because folks, I did NOT make a trip to Antartica, even for you my bloggy fans, and while we do get BABY sastrugi here in Indiana, we have NADA to compare with these.



Erin said...

Very interesting! And educational. Since I've learned something, can I go home now?

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Gorgeous pics. And interesting! THX

kyooty said...


Dawn said...

Didn't know those things had a name! I'll have to add it to my mental factoid center! My little librarian action figure came from here:
This company has lots of amazingly weird and awesome (and some naughty) stuff! I'm sure there's an action figure there for everyone!

Tonja said...

I am now smarter than I was yesterday. That is a good matter your age. Thanks for sharing!

Tonja said...

Is there going to be a test?

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey there smarty pants,
(I mean Keetha). Awesome photos! And yes, I am nearly in the North woods and yes I loved your comments. And yes, I won't see Spring for awhile. Hugs, Cindy

Cindy said...

Oh, I love those pictures! Those things the wind makes with snow have a name! I almost took pictures of them around here after the last one...which should be next week, right? Actually, I haven't heard that we'll be getting another storm any time soon. Thank God. This is the worst winter that I've ever seen. OR, best? I love the beauty of the snow and it's effects.

Pamela said...

Cool pictures.

Just Breathe said...

They are awesome. God makes good