Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Frags of Friday Frustration

.
Frags of Frustration on Friday - - - and Thursday, and Wednesday, AND Tuesday.

I have been frustrated for ALL of those days and believe me, I'll tell you all about it in my frags today.

If you've had a frustrating week, or a happy week, or any week at all really, please join in the Friday Frag party and tell us ALL about it.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Frustration Frag One:  On Sunday, yes that was Super Bowl Sunday, my lappy died.

My young computer friend genius, Marcus, was over here and he thought it was my Vista operating system (do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?) that had crashed, so I began using a free operating system called Ubuntu.  It worked like a charm, and I was a happy blogger.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
.
Frustration Frag Two:  On Tuesday, everything about lappy, including Ubuntu, died.

I was again one very unhappy and frustrated blogger.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
 Frustration Relief Frag:
.
.
Baby Isabelle's grandma sent me this darling photo of "IsaZebra."   Just look at that grin, that is a sure cure, at least momentarily for computer woes, no?

It is the ONLY photo I have for my frags today, more about that later.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Frustration Frag Three:  On Wednesday Fisherhubby dug out his former MacBook and got it all charged up for me to use.  

There are two possible plans here.

Plan 1:  I learn to LOVE Mr. Mac and keep him, thus saving us $$$$ on a new lappy.

Plan 2:  I tolerate Mr. Mac until I can get to a bigger village where there is a Be_ _  Bu_  and purchase a new lappy.

So far, Plan 2 is looking more and more appealing.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Frustration Frag Humor:  I was venting my Mr. Mac frustration to Fisherhubby the other day.  It went something like this:

"FISHERHUBBY, I HATE your Mr. Mac.  He is sooooooo user unfriendly."

"Well," (pointing at my lovely beautiful Badger Red DEAD Lappy) he's a lot more user friendly than THAT dead one."

Touche
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Frustration Frag Four: I may have the slowest learning curve on the planet.  At least I cannot make this Mr. Mac obey my blogging bidding.  

Even just typing this post my insides are roiling to the point of exploding.

I've said, "SHOOT FIRE SPIT SNOT!!"  more times in the past few days than in the rest of my life combined.

Well, maybe not - - - but you get the idea.

BTW that line is my version of cussing.  It is the strongest language and the only cursing I ever do - - - I call it Wesleyan cussing.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Frustration Relief Frag:  One of our local supper clubs offered a steak and lobster special last evening.  For a mere $18 we were able to get steak, lobster, soup or salad, and our choice of potato.

Fisherhubby and I went and indulged.

It was nearly heaven.

No, I did NOT remember to take a picture, but even if I had - - - well, you'll see in my last  frag of this post.
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * * 
.
.
Frustration Frag Five:  Even if I had remembered to take pictures of the delicious steak and lobster meal last night, I could NOT show it to you today 'cause I cant' MAKE Mr. Mac take the pictures off my camera, and if I did get them off my camera I couldn't edit them.

No need to tell me I will learn to love Mr. Mac and never want to go back to windows ever again.

You may save your breath.

Mr. Mac is quickly becoming my worst nightmare.  

He is in imminent danger of being tossed right out my window and into a deep snow bank. 
.
.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
.
.
.
And that's it.
That's all the frags, 
Frustrating or otherwise
That I have today.

To see less frustrating frags
Of other kinder folk,
Please hurry over to Mrs. 4444's place.
.
.

26 comments:

Theresa said...

OH MY goodness, having computer problems is a REAL Bummer! Hope you get some relief soon! Not being able to load pictures would do it for me! HUGS!

LV said...

Seems there a lot of computer problems right now. Just hang in there, it will get better. I keeping my fingers crossed mine keeps going.

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to make a trip to Be_ _ Bu_

Unknown said...

Electronics!!! The evil scourge of our modern society. Oh but how we would survive without them I am not sure. Breath deep and get to Be_ _ Bu_ soon!

Barb said...

Do you have an Android or iPhone? I wonder if you can only upload pics to Macs from an iPhone. Well...I don't know and hope never to find out!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm not a Mac lover but wish you well. Or wish you lots of $$ to buy new lappy!
hugs,
Linda

Cathy said...

Isabella is adorable. Steak and lobster...yummy!

sara said...

We are a MAC family, so I say stick with the MAC...you'll learn it soon!!!

Now I am wanting lobster!

Claudya Martinez said...

I am so sorry for your loss and I understand and do not envy your frustration.

Hootin Anni said...

I know some swear by Mac....but me, I'd prefer Windows also.

Once you get a new Laptop, you can again, do a lappy dance!! ;o)

The one photo you managed to post, of Isabelle, she's so adorable.

Stacy said...

At least you can keep your sense of humor through all the frustration...and once you get a new laptop, you can always use Mr. Mac for target practice. ;)

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Superhubby's touche made me laugh out loud! I had my laptop die this summer. I got a new one because my mother, who found my old one irritating had given me money to buy a new one last Christmas. Not actually needing a new one IMO, I'd been sitting on the money. It came in handy. Then it turned out for $60, my old one was fixable. Now we have two... so I have aback up.

Brenda said...

I do believe you need to have your mouth washed out with soap, Keetha ;)
Seriously, It's nice to know of someone else who doesn't see the need of venting with foul language.
I understand your frustration. I am so illiterate when it comes to the'behind the scenes' with computers.
Hopefully next week will be better.

Kay said...

Grr, I was hoping Mr Mac would play nicely!! I guess this Sat you shall be driving to big city with the Be__ B__ and see what they have to offer?

I love the Weslyan cussing! My father was very creative with sniggledork wamplefragis type of language when under the hood of a car. It's one of my fondest memories. Never heard anything actually bad, but those rigglewidgets sure sounded bad ;-)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Time for a road trip? ;-)

Sounds like you all still have a bunch of snow. Lucky you.

And Steak and lobster for $18 - woo hoo!

Isabella is adorable!

Martin LaBar said...

Sorry. I don't use a Macintosh, but I believe it's possible to learn to use them.

We switched our telephone service, and ISP, to the local cable company. They came, but they forgot to check to see if they had a wireless modem, so we're down from two laptops and two tablets connected to the world to one, for a few days. We'll survive. Thank God we've had useful connections for years.

Rebecca said...

Well the only thing you can do is go back to the steak/lobster place and eat again. I'm hungry now.

nancygrayce said...

I promise I'm laughing with you and not at you. :). When I got my Mac, I hated it and now I love it most of the time. And when I try to use the Superhero's computer, I no longer know how!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Ah, really there is just nothing like the frustration of technology!! I hope it gets better! I made the switch to a Mac a few years ago. Mr. Mac and I had a very rough first few weeks when I, too, was not sure the relationship was meant to be, but once I really got to know him he's not so bad. He kind of grows on you!

I can't find my blog said...

I wish you would give Mr. Mac another chance. I can't imagine using anything else!

tinajo said...

I´ve never heard the expression "frags" before - fun! :-)

Erin said...

Wish I was closer! I might be able to get your red lappy up and going again. The good news is, that if you decide to buy a new Windows lappy, Windows 7 is so much better and more stable than Vista was.

Mrs4444 said...

You poor thing! I can only imagine (and listen to your "cursing" to know how frustrating that must be. I'm sure I'd feel the same way, especially in regard to the photos. I wish you luck.

Thanks for linking up! Have a great week.

Doreen McGettigan said...

I typed a great comment and because my lappy died last week and I'm using my iPad it won't let me comment.. ugghh..

Keri said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! I am partial to PCs and Windows, too. So I can empathize with your frustrations!

Vidya Sury said...

Your frag relief photo of IsaZebra is enough to keep me smiling for a while :D She's so precious.

I've only used a Mac once and was rather fascinated about how different it is from Windows. :-)