.
The Eclectic Company - Where Every Post is a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

So I Sent the E-Mail

.

On any given Saturday of the NCAA football season, except the one bye week, you will find me in my football cave, dressed to the hilt in my Badger gear, shouting for "my boys."
.
.

Oh, there are OTHER Wisconsin fans, and they may love "my boys" as much as I do - - - but I can tell you this FOR SURE AND FOR CERTAIN:
.

NO ONE LOVES THEM MORE.
.

This has been a tough season for the Badgers and all die-hard Badger fans like moi.   We've had 5 losses.

Yes, I did say "we."   When my boys lose, I lose right along with them.

All five losses were by a total of 19 points - - - three in overtime, two of those by a lousy field goal.

In both of our last two losses, we tied the game with just seconds to go in regulation and then lost in overtime.    In BOTH cases I was YELLING at my TV telling them to "go for the 2 point conversion and win this puppy in regulation!!!!"

Alas, with all the commotion on the sideline, they could not hear me and did not heed my call, and we lost.

I believe last Saturday you would have heard me scream:  "Didn't we LEARN ANYTHING last week????!!!!"

I'm sick and tired of losing.

I thought I had done all I could do to "hep" us win by yelling at my TV and dressing in all my Badger gear.

Today I thought of ONE MORE THING to try - - -
.
.

So I e-mailed Coach Bielema and BEGGED him to go for the 2 point conversion and WIN in regulation should we tie Nebraska in the final seconds of the Big Ten Championship game on Saturday.

Yes, I most certainly did.

ON WISCONSIN!

Photo Credits:   Badgersideline - steamboatbadger.wordpress.com
                        Montee Ball - blacksportsonline.com 

ADDENDUM:  OH MY GOODNESS MARIE LOUISE!!!!  HE ANSWERED my e-mail with one of his own. 
.

13 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Good for you! If the yelling at the TV isn't working then try the Email!! Wishing you and your boys a win!!

hugs,Linda

LV said...

Uou are the biggest lady sport nut IO know. I am sue he will take your advise. You have nothing to lose. I emailed a lady{the author) about some books I bought for a Christmas gift, and she responded in a very gracious way. Nothing gained if you do not try.

iSavortheWeekend said...

Nervy!! I hope he reads it! I wish we could get together and watch a game together. I'm take my football serious too :)

Tracy said...

I love your enthusiasm.

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I feel very sure that he will take that advice to heart! You remind me of Sandra Bullock in Blindside!

Ann in the UP said...

Way to take action! I know they can hardly hear us screaming from home, unless we open the windows.

But an e-mail!

I personally hate the two point conversion since it's so often unsuccessful, but they should learn from past experience. They surely should!

podso said...

Well that was pro active! I wonder how many emails like that he gets. You never know --- he may be so impressed with yours he invites you to join him on the bench, or whatever the call where the coach and non playing team members hang out in football (you see I'm very basketball oriented.)

Tami said...

As a fellow sports fan, I understand your dedication. I haven't gone so far as to email the NHL though. LOL I should, since there is a lock out this year and I am so MAD about it!
Crossing my fingers that you team wins!

42N said...

My boys had an embarrassing EIGHT losses this season. Looking forward to the home opener against Northern Illinois next August 31!

Headless Mom said...

It's worth a shot!

Keri said...

Not gonna lie...saw all the football paraphernalia and just scrolled right on down WITHOUT READING A SINGLE WORD! :)

But I decided to go ahead and leave a comment anyway, so you won't throw me out while you're sitting at your laptop in your big girl panties.

Vidya Sury said...

Keetha, you're so amazing. At the time I am writing this, I can imagine how pleased you must be to have received a reply to your email from the Coach! Hugs!

Erin said...

That is awesome that he replied! What did he say?