.
The Eclectic Company - Where Every Post is a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What My Manni Wore Wednesday

.


My daughter, Keri, has been participating lately in a linky party called "What I Wore Wednesday."

She has inspired me to make this post - only with a twist.


I volunteer three mornings a week in our church's clothing ministry, The Shepherd's Loft.

The Loft is a place where people can come to "shop" for free clothes. Many folks return items they have outgrown or tired of and we also receive clothing from several consignment shops when they are finished trying to sell them.

Most week day mornings, we are open from 9 to noon, we are pretty busy with a floor full of shoppers.


A while back someone donated 5 hanger mannequins to the Loft.


Since then I have had fun dressing and creating outfits for the manni's. I love to watch and see how long it takes for clothing to disappear off of MY manni.


It's rather a challenge to search around through the used clothing to piece together an attractive ensemble.


I love it when one, or even part of one, of my outfits "sells."


When that happens, I search for a new ensemble or a replacement part for the piece that "sold."


So far my record is redressing the SAME manni 4 times in one morning because my pieces were claimed right off the manni.

One of my friends who "passes through" the Loft from time to time told me she can always tell when I dressed the manni's.

I THINK that was a good thing - - -


pleated poppy

Please head on over to the
Pleated Poppy to see what OTHERS wore Wednesday!!
.
.

12 comments:

Erin said...

That is a great idea! Love the top outfit.

LV said...

Most things sell better if being displayed like this. You are doing a great service.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fun! I love the outfits you picked out.

Keri said...

Mom! This is awesome! Did you link up?! You are sooo clever!!!!

And...I think I would wear that red/beige one! :)

podso said...

I'd say it's a good thing .. and sounds like a lot of fun. I am always amazed at how well dressed mannies are in thrift shops! Certainly would entice a sale I'd think!

the pleated poppy said...

that is a great idea! thanks for linking up!

Mama Violet said...

That's so cool. Your mannis look great!

65 Roses for Marcia said...

Very awesome, Keetha! The manni's look great!

thesedaysofmine.com said...

That looks like fun! I need you to tell ME what to wear.... ;)

Tami said...

I think you found a new career!

Theresa said...

Clothes just look different when they are shown as an outfit! Great job! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Dawn Castor said...

Cute! Just one question though--is the manni nakey when someone 'buys' the clothes? or do you whisk it away for propriety's sake--since it is a church sponsored operation and all.. LOL! Those are neat--I'm sure our 'Joseph's Coat' could use some of those!